[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wanna speculate what's going on with my car? >had bearing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (1MB, 1536x2056px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1536x2056px
Wanna speculate what's going on with my car?

>had bearing replaced in July
>grinding sound begins a month later, when cornering
>decide to wait until it gets worse to take action
>grinding begins to show whether cornering or going straight this week
>take it back to the shop
>they're noticing the symptoms when test driving
>cannot repeat the symptoms on the lift

They have no idea what's going on.
>>
>>14223721
>what's going on with my car?
You're taking it to an incompetent shop. Fix it yourself Tony.
>>
>>14223735
The job is slightly too advanced for me.

Don't you just love captive rotors?
>>
Low quailty replacement bearing?
>>
>>14223739
Well, I'm sure I could do the job.

Let's just say I'm too lazy to take an entire steering knuckle and hub off to get to the rotors to get to the wheel bearing.

I also lack certain equipment.
>>
>>14223751
>I also lack certain equipment.
VatoZone and ORiellys offer free tool borrow.
>>
>>14223762
I do not see presses or pneumatic tools in their rental cart.
>>
Sounds like the cars owner is kind of a little bitch.
>>
>>14223799
Sounds like you need a solid dicking from an iron man
>>
>>14223773
Then run it to a shop to press the bearing when you get the rotor off. Ha e a friend run you there if you only have one vehicle, this is not that difficult.
>>
>>14223871
>implying a 4chan user has friends
>>
>>14223751
>I also lack certain equipment.
sure does sound like you do shirley.

So you have replaced the wheel bearing. I'm assuming you know which wheel/suspension the sound is coming from? If so have you swapped wheels? have your removed brake dust shield.

Does the grinding depend on their being power going to the wheel or not.
>>
Is it the scraper plate on your brake pads? If it is, it'll happen if you brake, and even after you lift your foot from the brake pedal until the pads release.
>>
>>14223984
Ah, nevermid, your pads look good. I saw once on jay Leno's garage a car that made a grinding noise, and it was his coilover springs rubbing the body of the car. The fix being using skinnier springs.
>>
>>14223995
i was thinking broken spring or strut bearing if it has struts.
>>
>>14223947
The grinding sounds like a badly lubed or very cheaply made wheel bearing.
>>
>>14224011
Right, it wouldn't happen on a lift, that being the case, since the springs wouldn't be compressed at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>14223984
The OP is an old pic.

Here a recent one from servicing the control arm last week.
>>
>>14224059
See how much pad you have left on your brakes, then, but they looked fine in the first picture
>>
>>14223721
I had a focus where the rear bearings kept going like every 7000 miles.
It was cheaper to replace them than get the alignment done.
The bearing was in the drum brake, and they were dirt cheap off ebay.
>>
>>14223721
Maybe try messing with that dust cover a little bit it looks like it's been beat to shit with a hammer.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.