[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
>Bought a 95 Impala SS on New Year's Eve
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
>Bought a 95 Impala SS on New Year's Eve
>Clean as fuck. No clear coat fade, no major flaws in body work. Biggest flaw is a chip in the grill's paint in the top left corner.
>Have it sitting in front of my home ever since.
>Have only taken it on a ~200 mile round trip somewhere since, and to work when I don't absolutely need to use a truck
>Today my neighbor in front of me is getting taken to therapy after shoulder surgery.
>The person that picks them up runs into the rear quarter panel and caves it in.
>Leaves and doesn't leave any details.
>Calls the police and says that my car was illegally parked.
>The person that was going to therapy messages my mom on facebook and say that they hit my car and would like to exchange details
>I don't know why they didn't just message me if they wanted to use facebook
>I have coverage but don't have an insurance card yet, so my mom gives them the phone number and name of my agent
>They give the name of the person driving and nothing else.
>Get home from work later
>To be honest I'm fucking pissed
>Go beat the shit out of their door
>Talk to the husband of the person who went to therapy
>Says it was fucking stupid to park there and I'm fortunate it is driveable.
>I'm even more pissed
>Go home
>Call police
>Find out what they told them about the parking
>Officer is changing report based on new information saying I was in the right
>Insurance agent tells me that they may be trying to take me to court to avoid paying out.
>Now I have to deal with this shit.

Well, /o/, do you have any accident/car damage stories you can share and make me feel like I'm not alone?
>>
You should have reported a hit and run as soon as it happened you fucking retard.
>>
>>14222763

I didn't even know it happened until I was on my way home from work.
>>
And I hope you at least took pictures. Wouldn't matter if you were illegally parked, you hit a car and keep driving that immediately makes you at fault for anything. I wouldn't worry about it so much, the police are taking your side, hopefully the insurance will fight for you and it's in the bag. Could have handled it a lot better initially though. Always call in a hit and run.
>>
>>14222783

Of course I took pictures. I'm going to take some better ones in the morning as well because it was getting dark when I got home.

I would have called it in earlier too, but it happened while I was at work and they didn't contact me first. I learned of it from someone else while driving home from work.
>>
>>14222815
You said you talked to your neighbors before calling the police.
>>
>>14222827

I was hoping to get the name of who was driving the car, or even their information before I call the police. I figured it'd be helpful.
>>
>>14222885
You figured wrong. Call the police first. Good thing they admitted fault on Facebook as well.
>>
>>14222778
>I didn't ntice my car got hit at home until I was going home from work in my car after it happened.
>>
Take them to court and humiliate them. Verbally abuse them whenever you have the chance.
>>
Once, someone parked behind me in what was clearly not a parking space and I wasn't paying attention so I pull out a normal distance and hit them on the driver's side. I broke a mirror, but they looked like they'd been hit by a wrecking ball. I got out, checked to see if anyone had seen me, then drove off because I couldn't afford a rate hike.

I live in a town full of rich assholes, so it was probably fine.
>>
>>14222983
Yes. Slander will certainly help the case. Being a fucking child will get you nowhere.
>>
>>14222967

I had to take the truck to work so it sat at home.
>>
>>14222967
What shitty communist country do you live in where nobody is allowed to own more than one car?
>>
>>14222991
You don't deserve a license.
>>
>>14222991

You're not a nice person.
>>
>>14223002
>>14222999
If it helps, I felt bad about it.
>>
>>14223014

Good. You should feel bad about it.
>>
>>14223017
Well, I'm glad that's settled.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Thread DB ID: 405701

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.