[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2015 Mustang GT or 2016 Focus RS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: GT_VS_RS.jpg (208KB, 1460x367px) Image search: [Google]
GT_VS_RS.jpg
208KB, 1460x367px
So here is my situation. I might get a nice raise soon and would be able to afford a new car.
- The old is a 2014 Focus ST.
- I Live in Germany and quite far off, so not too much city traffic
- My DD is short, 2x 10km
- Here there are two cars available soon that cost very much the same with all options

2015 Mustang GT or 2016 Focus RS

I want an NON-convertible, manual. What is the better choice? We have snow in the winter and MPG is not important. On the wet, the ST already spins its wheels like crazy and I do want to carry a few female colleagues after hours from time to time.

Any suggestions? Would a V8 warm up even a little on such a short DD? Are the Stang Backseats really unbarable for ~5km rides? I assume i can use the power on the AWD much more often than RWD.
>>
File: zugSOuv.jpg (66KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
zugSOuv.jpg
66KB, 600x500px
>>14219877
you need the loud v8

To remind ze jermins that the American stereotypes are true
>>
vee ate if you can afford the fuel costs
spread the FREEDOM
>>
>>14219877
2017 ford fusion sport
>>
>>14219896
OP here. That would be the most boring of both worlds :(
>>
>>14219922
sure, but it'd still a good sleeper dd without the boyracer tag attached to it. i'm sure with a tune it'd have some pretty crazy numbers.
>>
>>14219877
don't get a v8 just to impress women and do shitty burnouts. get the fun to drive hatchback with awd. plus drift mode so still fun in snow and if you're not super experienced you won't kill yourself.
>>
File: FofoST9.jpg (2MB, 1469x1102px) Image search: [Google]
FofoST9.jpg
2MB, 1469x1102px
Has anyone experience with 10km drives and the warm up? The ST gets the oil to a good temp but im not sure about the V8 and its gallons of oil. On the other hands it burns fuel like crazy, that might help.
Which engine will suffer less longlivity? Is the turbo a plus or hinderance?
>>
>>14219929
Tuning would comprimise the warrenty. My ST actually came with 7 years if you can belive that. As i am not too wealthy that is an important aspect for me.
>>
File: 1451903852759.jpg (28KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1451903852759.jpg
28KB, 480x640px
the fuck kind of question is this?

Why the FUCK would you pick a car that legitimately looks like a soccer mom minivan over an American muscle car with a fucking v8 and 435hp? One car has 435hp, rwd, IRS, looks mean as fuck, v8, iconic model legacy and the other looks like a pillbug minivan with a terrible spoiler.

And to answer your question, the Mustang seats are very comfortable. Even the Recaro seats are very, very comfortable for very long rides.

And I've fit 7 people in my Mustang once. It was during New Years and I was the DD. I don't give a fuck. Anyone over 5'9" can't fit in the back seats for more than an hour. Anyone under would have no problem. Anyone over 6'2" and you'll need to move the front seats up to make room for them in the back
>>
Get the 'stang. Break the stereotype about yuropoors and hot hatches.
>>
>>14220040
>iconic model legacy
lol
>>
>>14220054
So much fucking this. You'll stand out so much driving a 5oh in Europe while every other cuck is driving a pillbug.
>>
File: FofoST7.jpg (769KB, 1469x1102px) Image search: [Google]
FofoST7.jpg
769KB, 1469x1102px
>>14220063
OP here, well, you are right that there are alsmost no V8s here , but the 2015 stang is selling like hell atm. A serious AWD hatch would be just as rare, but not as much a head-turner like the stang.

Then there are the multiple questions that no1 really answered...those are what makes me doubt. Not the styling, in that regard the stang is miles ahead
>>
>>14220054
>!STR4WB0SlE
fun fact, my/OPs nick is acually Straw
>>
>>14220076
I drive a stang

What do you want to know bro
>>
>>14220092
see the first post.
Also, the fun streets near mountains are very small (as are the town ones), so i dunno if the nimbler car wouldnt be much more fun.
>>
>>14220085
I used to use Straw Boss as my handle but I changed it to this because it's a bit less ostentatious.
>>
>>14220102
The Mustang can easily drive in the snow. You just need winter tires. As for the wet, it can obviously drive well in the wet but it depends on the tires you get. You should never hoon ANY car on public streets in the wet regardless. You can't do a WOT launch in the wet.

Yes, it would warm up. The engine isn't going to grenade on you. You will sell the car before it grenades on you. And for 5km rides, no the backseats aren't bad. Don't expect perfect comfort but they are bearable. I fit 7 people in my Mustang and drove around for a while. Granted we were all drunk though.
>>
The whole Mustang in Europe thing is appealing... The whole focus RS is appealing...
>>
But if it were me, the whole v8 in Europe with a nice exhaust kit is too appealing to pass up.
>>
I assume in Mustangs aren't a common sight to behold in Germany, the Focus RS would blend in somewhat better in traffic. If you are interested in the attention then the Mustang is a must.

Honestly both would be excellent choices performance wise so it really depends on your taste.
>>
>>14220265
It depends on the usability. The taste says Mustang, but when i can barely hoon it a little and my passengers rather drive their VW polo, then there is little point for me :(
>>
>>14220307
While Mustangs can decently handle themselves these days, at heart they still are highway blazers and do it best.

You might have a difficult time winding it fully out on smallish/narrow roads or short trips.

The Focus RS would definitely be better for hauling friends on a midnight touge run and scaring the shit outta them.
>>
>>14220326
>The Focus RS would definitely be better for hauling friends on a midnight touge run and scaring the shit outta them.
Don't do this.
>>
>>14220358
c'mon man, this could be new material for the next initial d german edition.
>>
>>14220371
Dagumi drives a 944 and Itsuki buys a 924
or maybe an E36 M3 and 316i
>>
>>14220400
we need a finish dude driving an audi quattro sport and impact blue with 240s and swedish grills.
>>
>>14220406
and someone with a Merc 190 2.3-16 Evo
>>
I vote mustang. Engine will warm up pretty fast. The refugee fucking your wife will be jealous.
>>
Mustang will be less reliable, and a less able car. However, you will be getting a Mustang

The Ford Focus is probably the best driving experience for the money right now. The balance is great. The new RS has AWD and 350HP. Just amazing. But it looks like garbage next to a mustang, so your choice. A mustang is way more likely to get you laid.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-10-21-39-26.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-10-21-39-26.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Chicks dig it, hasn't been a problem in heavy rain and ice. Exhaust and a few suspension tweaks really make it a great car. The RS sounds pretty bitchen though.
>>
>>14219877
GT if you want pussy, RS if you don't.
>>
>>14219922
but
inexpensive
twin tarbo
american
pig fat
sedan
four seats (actual seats, fucking mustang rear seats don't count)
awd.

Okay?
>>
>>14219877
Automatic convertible Mustang.
>>
The Mustang has a literal pickup engine in it. It'll stand up to short drives far better than a 350hp Turbo 4 cylinder. You'll just have to change the oil more often at worst. I actually think the Mustang has a oil life monitor anyways.

Both cars will be terrible in the snow with the stock tires, and quit driving like a dumbass in the wet.
>>
>>14222714
A truck engine that revs to 7500rpm
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.