[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern ICE?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Carb.png (26KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
Carb.png
26KB, 259x194px
What exactly is this type of internal combustion engine?

>The essence of which invention consists principally in the following particulars, viz: A piston working in a cylinder and put in motion by the explosion of an inflammable gas; and is re-acted upon by the pressure or elasticity of the air in the cylinder above the piston. This air, as the piston rises, becomes more and more compressed and, in proportion to this compression, its resistance increases. By this means, the motion of the piston is gradually retarded, and must finally be arrested, without violence or injury; let the force of the explosion be what it may. The explosion is instantly succeeded by a vacuum under the piston and the condensed air, acting above the piston, presses it down again.

>Thus an alternating or reciprocating motion is established which, with proper machinery, may be applied to any mechanical purpose. The present application towards propelling a boat is, by means of cranks, to give an elliptical motion to a number of paddles in a mode not hitherto practiced.

Some type of compression appears to be used, but is it in-cylinder? Is it a two-stroke or four-stroke engine? I don't know enough about engineering to answer these questions so I was wondering if someone here could help me out. I can supply more details if you want some.
>>
That's the most try hard garbage I've ever read. Please delete.
>>
>>14218738

It's actually copied from a PDF. What do you mean by try-hard anyway?
>>
That's just a regular engine.
That's how they work.

congrats you passed engines class
>>
>>14218762

Does it use compression though, in-cylinder or otherwise? Is it a four-stroke or two-stroke engine? You tell me I've just described a regular engine, but what type of engine is it?
>>
>>14218784

Bearing in mind the description in the OP is from the 18th-century and could be the earliest recorded instance of compression in an internal combustion engine.
>>
its a piston engine, doesn't specify any more than that. i'm guessing an old hit and miss 4 stroke. as they were the most common early ice. and above doesn't elaborate on camshafts or intake valves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8NVlKNQA1E

>>14218738
its a blanket term kids here use to dismiss anons and posts they don't yet understand.

heres the definition from ud though

A person who puts a large amount of effort into achieving a certain image, or counter-image, to the point where it is obviously contrived. Rather than achieving an image through genuine personality, the try-hard consciously attempts to fit a certain style through deliberate imitation, forced style, or scripted behavior. That is to say, he/she is trying hard to create an image.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8NVlKNQA1E
>>
>>14218869

So it does use compression? If so that would make it the earliest mention of it in the history of ICEs, seeing as this was invented by John Stevens in 1798, apparently. If you want, I can supply more details by the way.
>>
>>14218753
Well, what the fuck does the rest of the PDF say, then?
>>
>>14218869
I understand perfectly you fucking nitwit. It's a bunch of convoluted pseudo intellectual bullshit AKA tryhard. I've torn down more engines than you probably will in your entire life., faggot.

>it was written in the 1700s
exactly why it sounds ridiculous
>>
>>14218637
Holy fucking shit, are you back so soon, carburetor-kun? I love how you let your original thread die after you got blown the fuck out:

>>14206937

>>14218922
JUST FUCKING READ THE PATENT YOU SPERGLORD. Not all internal combustion engines perfectly fit the modern "Otto," "Diesel," or two-stroke models that you are used to.

The engine in the patent you copy pasted this time DOES NOT APPEAR to compress the fuel air mixture before contact. That literally does not need to happen, you dumb dumb, because even if you introduce the fuel/air mixture at standard temperature and pressure it will EXPAND. Compression before ignition simply increases the amount of power you derive.

Why don't you go do some basic reading about how engines work, so that you will understand even a tenth of the big words you are bringing to us?

>>14218869
It's not a hit and miss, nerd.
>>
File: 1437856029723.jpg (223KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1437856029723.jpg
223KB, 680x1020px
>op's face again
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.