[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to buy a winter car. I saw a 1992 e36 325is on kijiji

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: $_27.jpg (33KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
$_27.jpg
33KB, 640x360px
I want to buy a winter car.

I saw a 1992 e36 325is on kijiji for $2000. Going to look at it tomorrow but wanted to know if anyone of you has experience with these and if they're reliable winter cars. He installed a new waterpump, thermostat, radiatior and fan clutch.
>>
>>14215254
You live in Ontario that's your own fault. Gtfo of Windsor.
>>
>>14215263
I wish bud, too bad I go to school here.

I'd love to move somewhere in Canada where snow isn't a thing but that place does not exist.
>>
File: $_27.jpg (30KB, 640x222px) Image search: [Google]
$_27.jpg
30KB, 640x222px
>>14215254
>>
>>14215254
he has changed the most expensive parts that can break, just check if the head gasket is fine and if the compression is ok. If they are good it means the engine will go forever.
>>
>>14215497
I have a compression tester. Any tips for checking head gasket?
>>
check the high-pressure power steering hose and reservoir to see if it is leaking

head gasket, u can check under the radiator cap for milkiness consistency, also if take the oil cap off while the car is running, check for white smoke

they are great cars to drive, the have just deteriorated over the years condition wise
>>
>>14215277
Vancouver and it's already over crowded
>>
>>14215254
>He installed a new waterpump, thermostat, radiatior and fan clutch.

Bad sign
>>
>>14216875
.... That's regular maintenance items for bmw retard
>>
File: oQUtheL.jpg (22KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
oQUtheL.jpg
22KB, 480x600px
>>14215873
>"yes sir, just allow me to perform this compression test*
>>
>>14216913
>regular maintenance

List of parts reminds me of my journey with BMW. All this parts where changed in denial that it's actually cracked head that is causing overheating.
>>
>>14215254
>winter car
>rwd

just buy a fwd shit box and dont fuck a good e36 from salted streets
>>
>>14216950
See now you say that, but my current fwd shitbox can't grip in the snow at all. Its awful.
>>
>>14216944
>Cracked head
no
>>
>>14216950
>e36

Literally the worst Gen
>>
>>14217171
A set of good snow tires will be cheaper.
>>
>>14216944
Regardless of your experience, you do realize those parts are common parts that fail and start leaking right?
>>
>>14215873
same as most cars - when the car is running remove the oil cap and look for light brown creamy 'emulsion' on the inside of oil cap and inside the engine head. also if the gasket is good the engine will seemingly begin to stall after the oil cap removal, you will hear as the rpms will slightly decrease. Such gasket checks are mandatiry for all older bmw 6cyls because they have often been overheated.
>>
>>14217549
oh and the creamy stuff is a bad sign btw. that means the gasket is fucked and oil is mixing with coolant
>>
Why do you poorfags insist in buying shitty old bmws? Everyone I know that has done it regrets it since it turns into s money pit, you arent going to impress anyone with a shitty old bmw by the way.
>>
>>14217606
do people actually buy old bmws to impress people? In europe they are just very cheap fun cars with the best price/performance mostly owned by drifters/enthusiasts/immature young men that hoon around. Could say they are the miatas of europe
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.