[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hybrid Cars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

I've been really looking into hybrid cars lately because while I only drive about 20 miles a day i'd still love to get something with great fuel economy.

What's some options I can look into?

I've only got about 5k in cash at the moment but not sure if that will get me any hybrids from the 2005/2006 era or not.

Basically help me understand why I should or shouldn't get a hybrid for super good MPG.
>>
You don't need a hybrid for fuel economy. It'd probably be more economical to get the 1.0L 3cyl turbo version fo the Focus, considering where batteries for these things are made.
>>
File: 1452462268620.png (107KB, 450x443px) Image search: [Google]
1452462268620.png
107KB, 450x443px
>>14213713
29 city vs 50+ city.
>>
I just bought a used Prius plug in for dirt cheap. Dealers want these things off the lot because gas is so cheap that demand is low. I love it, and I'm getting 60mpg. I have my bike when I want fun but this is my daily. The market is in your favor so if you have an offer is say take it.
>>
>>14213926
Good to hear i'm gonna try to find a decent one.
>>
how long do prius batteries last anyway?
>>
>>14217481
I don't have numbers, but they appear to actually last very long. For all I know it's unusual for high milage Priuses too need a new one.
>>
>>14213713
What, you mean the same batteries that cost $1200 to replace and go every 8 years/100,000 miles?

I swear it's like this board is stuck 10 years in the past when it comes to knowledge sometimes.

>>14217516
Most of them age out, 6-9 years or 80-160,000 miles. The best thing though about the Prius is since they're so prevalent in fleets and taxi use is that all their parts are retarded cheap.
>>
A friend just bought a 2010 Prius and they love it... averaging 52.3mpg on the highway, and 54.7 in the city. Smooth and quiet ride.. And Toyota (By law) has to warranty the battery for 10 years / 150k miles for states with California emission laws, or 8 years 100k for states WITHOUT California emission laws.

And even if it's out of warranty, A brand new OEM traction battery is $1200 - 2000. Replacing it yourself will probably be hard, seeing has it's an extremely heavy battery and EXTREMELY high voltage.
>>
What about a late 90s honda insight?
>>
What about Civic hybrids? I know they have the advantage of if the battery dies out you can still run off gas entirely
>>
>>14218424
don't they use the electric motor to start?
>>
>>14218404
too sporty
>>
>>14213698
If you really want fuel economy. Just get a vw diesel. And you dont have to worry about those dumb batterys.
>>
>>14220395
I don't think so, last I checked on them they used the electric motor and the engine together at the same time to achieve better MPG vs the Prius where (I believe) the electric motor go until a certain point and then the gas takes over, but the electric motor is also the starter
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.