[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does every post 2009 dashboard have a shitty fucking screen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (729KB, 2403x1645px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
729KB, 2403x1645px
Why does every post 2009 dashboard have a shitty fucking screen right in the middle of it ruining everything?

Why can't we go back to clean minimal interiors? You use your phone for Google Maps anyways.
>>
Lots of cheap cars were made for both RHD and LHD markets so they have a universal central dashboard with the expensive electronics located there to save money
>>
File: ATMOS.jpg (219KB, 800x429px) Image search: [Google]
ATMOS.jpg
219KB, 800x429px
>>14212382
Looking at pre-2013 Tacos rn because of this.

Fuck touch and LCD screens in cars. Fuck 'em. Nowadays Ferd is the only one making fullsize trucks without those damn screens, and I bet you any money that in 2017 the new bar of soap SD will have them standard.

Seriously, though. What happened? What happened to simplicity? All I want is a basic regular cab truck. Hell, I wish the Tacoma didn't have an electronic transfer case select, but at least there are low mileage examples with manual trannies and manual windows still floating about with less than 50K miles.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>14212382
>the 2016 ford fuck you with 'just use your phone retard'
>>
>>14212407
This is simplicity... for the manufacturer. They make a single unit that controls a bunch of functions that works in a ton of different cars, rather than making knobs, switches, and different dashboard designs for different trim packages/cars.
>>
>>14212382
>>14212407
Hope you enjoy it, because all cars past 2018 will require backup cameras.
>>
>>14212382
BACKUP CAMERAS
A
C
K
U
P
-
C
A
M
E
R
A
>>
>>14212474
Futures gonna suck buying cars only older than 2018.
>>
>>14212474
Is this true?
>>
>>14212474
>>14212486
Okay, what's to stop me from removing the camera?

Fuck this sissy bullshit. "It's okay guys we're safe now that people who are too fucking dumb to turn around and look have a camera that allows them to stare at a screen that only shows what's behind and a few feet on either side of their car"
>>
The most superior thing you can have is visibility, and not being a piece of shit that can't turn your face fully 180 degrees to see behind you. Beats a camera every time.
>>
>>14212552
Why not both? Cameras are damned good when you're hooking on trailers or you're parking a large vehicle in a short parking space and want to get as close to the wall/marked off space as possible
>>
>>14212566
Sure, I'd buy one if I had difficulties lining up for towing or parking in tight spaces a lot. I know my car's size, rarely have to park in difficult spots, don't tow with it, and it's visibility is good.

I've seen some big fisheye camera type things on trucks and panel vans with no rear windows at all, those look pretty good.
>>
>>14212594
For parking; the actual "problems" typically arise if you're reversing to some type of object you cant see either through your rear window or your side mirrors like a rock. My university, for god knows what reason, has placed series of rocks behind every parking outside to prevent people from rolling down the hill or something. Those fucks are not visible when I'm reversing into a spot, and barely visible if I park front-first.
>>
>>14212619
I usually go nose-in if it's a sketchy spot, but I do prefer reversing.
>>
It's so it gets harder to do DIY work on your car.

Why do you think automakers and dealers were pushing for cars to become "mobile computing devices" under the DMCA? (unsuccessfully, thankfully)
>>
File: 1451955544523.png (102KB, 746x717px) Image search: [Google]
1451955544523.png
102KB, 746x717px
>>14212651
>automakers and dealers were pushing for cars to become "mobile computing devices"

The auto industry is dying.
>>
File: 1450015701511.png (141KB, 496x430px) Image search: [Google]
1450015701511.png
141KB, 496x430px
>>14212494
http://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/u-s-requiring-back-up-cameras-in-cars-by-2018/

>The National Highway Safety Transportation Agency (NHTSA) announced a new rule today that will require vehicles built from May 1, 2018 on to have a back-up camera.

>>14212514
I guess you can remove it if they don't force you to have one in order to pass inspection in cars newer than 2018.

I agree it's idiotic, though.

Something funny in that article:

>In announcing the new requirement, NHTSA cites an average of 210 fatalities and 15,000 injuries from back-up accidents every year, and notes that children under 5 years old account for 31 percent of the deaths.

>Going less than 5mph in reverse
>Somehow still manage to kill somebody

How stupid must you be?

Oh wait, I know how stupid you have to be.

>Last week
>Stopped at a stop sign in a parking lot
>Woman in a Jeep Cherokee reverses out of her parking spot while I'm at the stop sign
>Beep the horn
>She keeps reversing
>Backs into my bumper
>Get out
>"Oh, it's just a scratch!"

NO IT'S NOT JUST A SCRATCH. WHAT IF I TOOK ONE OF YOUR GOLD BRACELETS AND PUT A SCRATCH IN IT? "HURR IT'S JUST A SCRATCH XDDD"

THESE PEOPLE ARE RUINING CARS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>14212382
Because the mandatory backup camera needs a screen. And, if you need the screen anyway, it's cheaper to do away with all of those "button" things--the marginal cost of software is "free," which matters when you're cranking out a million shitboxes.
>>
File: jesus_christ.gif (1MB, 230x181px) Image search: [Google]
jesus_christ.gif
1MB, 230x181px
>Automatic braking systems will be a standard, and eventually mandatory feature on every new car

This is 1000x worse than any backup camera IMHO. Time to start buying up old shitboxes and stockpiling spare parts, the next 75 years are gonna be rough.
>>
All of you poor faggots.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.