[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Middle aged mother talking to me about buying my car >she

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: madfrog.png (431KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
madfrog.png
431KB, 900x900px
>Middle aged mother talking to me about buying my car
>she starts saying that my car jumped the time and that's why the chain was replaced
>I tell her that it never jumped time and it was done as preventative maintenance
>"my mechanic and auto body guy have never said anything like that before"
>I tell her that it's literally in the car's manual
>"Hmmmm...well that's crazy"
>>
dumb frog poster.
>>
For some reason I'm blessed with a mother who understands stuff like this. She has no knowledge or interest in it, but if I explain something I'm doing to her car, my own or similar then she actually does get the idea of how things work
>>
I know that feel bro.
>>
>Doing preventative maintenance on shitbox
>"Anon is fixing his car again"
>"When are you going to get a decent car anon?"
>>
>>14212042

We say "Skipped Timing" here on earth, were the fuck are you from?
>>
File: bmjy1v2ojlt6hp4uyk9j.jpg (52KB, 800x408px) Image search: [Google]
bmjy1v2ojlt6hp4uyk9j.jpg
52KB, 800x408px
>selling 200k mk4 jetta
>pictures explaining everything in ad
>cheapest running mk4 jetta on cl
>guy crys to me on phone to lower price even more for about a week because he needs! A vw for his gf but only has a few hundred dollars
>finally say fuck it and say ok
>all issues on Craigslist along with pictures
>rusty fenders and exhaust leak
>claims he needs a lower price because it needs bodywork for his gf
>wanting a cheap car, strictly vw, and complaining when the only one you can afford isn't to your liking after begging to come look at it.
>he starts his mk4 golf after to leave
>same fucking exhaust leak on his car that he complained about on mine
>mfw
>>
>>14212859
I've been getting shit like that constantly for my car. It's one of the cheapest Cobalts listed on craigslist, yet people give me a hard time over the price. You COULD go get that other Cobalt for $500 less, BUT it has almost twice the miles and was obviously wrecked since the two doors are a different color and there's bondo running down the side
>>
>>14212922
I hate selling cars but it's really nice when they finally go
>>
>>14212939
I just want this fucking thing gone so I can get an FC
>>
>>14213104
Buddy just got one. Pretty fun car but imo gives me the same feel as my miata. Needs boost
>>
>>14212042
>car jumped the time and that's why the chain was replaced
????
>>
>>14213376
She's saying the only reason the timing chain was replaced was because it fucked shit up, not because it's a maintenance that's done on literally every car
>>
>>14213386
But timing chains aren't routinely replaced as per the manual of my Mazda 3. Or they're replaced rarely enough that it was beyond the routine maintenance outlined in the manua
>>
>>14213386
when i hear cars jumped the time i dont immediately thing of timing chain
maybe op needs to polish up on his english
>>
>>14213415
Timing chain is supposed to be done at 300k miles on mine.
>>
>>14213426
That sounds reasonable. My manual only goes up to about 180,000km.
>>
>>14212660
That's because your mum isn't retarded.

Why do people just assume that chicks won't get this stuff? For what it's worth, most dudes don't know anything either, and judge a car by its stereo system or cup holder placement.
>>
>>14212042
moms don't know things about cars. You can just make shit up and they'll believe it
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.