[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reasons to buy a new car vs used:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: japanese-car-culture-05[1].jpg (89KB, 1000x663px) Image search: [Google]
japanese-car-culture-05[1].jpg
89KB, 1000x663px
Reasons to buy a new car vs used:
>>
>>14211217
Cheap as fuck used car over new car.
>>
>>14211217
>because you don't have the cash on hand to buy a good used one
>don't have the time to save for years to buy cash
>want a warranty
>want a hassle free car (that even if there is a problem you get a free rental)
>you get your car paid for by work (when I was in the corporate world they paid for the car, but there was a year restriction)
>you don't visit /o/
>>
A new car is a good choice if you want to keep it for a long time. You'll know every facet of its history.
>>
All you have to do is browse /o/ for a few months and read all the shit people do to their cars.

/o/ is all the reason I need to never buy a used car.
>>
>>14211217
>paying for someones beaten up sloppy seconds
cuck vs noncuck
>>
Never ever buy a new car. Buy an off-lease car if you want all the benefits of a new car without having to suffer the enormous initial depreciation.

>A new car loses over 20% of its value the second you drive it off the lot
>>
>>14211247
>There are people so autistic they believe cars are people
>>
>>14211315
>cant into reading comprehension

anon isnt saying the cars are cucks/noncucks
>>
Never buy new, it isn't worth it. Car loses half its value driving out of the lot. Also never buy the first generation of a new model as it is probably going to be a buggy piece of shit.
>>
>>14211217
Reasons to buy new:
none

Reasons to buy "new" (2 to 3 yrs old):
already lost a quarter to a third of its value, still has warranty on it, still looks and feels new, has been broken in
>>
>>14211462
>half
Oh Come on now. They lose some "value" but it's not even close to half. Also the value in a new car is
>it's brand new
>you know everything about it
>it has a full warranty
>dealership will take care of you if car breaks
>you don't want to deal with unexpected repairs on a used car
and my other post ^^

>buys a brand new gt mustang $33k
>thinks it will only sell for $16k with 100 miles on it
>>
buy new if you like wasting money
used if you don't like wasting money
>>
sex gasses
>>
>>14211293
>buy car from ford
>in 2 years i give it back and get another brand new one
alright lad, the "depreciation" argument
>>
New Car:
Higher resale value
Less money spent on repairs
Better interest rate on loans

Used Car:
It's cheaper to buy (not necessarily to own)
>>
File: 1449090314065.jpg (869KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1449090314065.jpg
869KB, 1920x1280px
>>14211217
A ton of older models are out of production. Your only option is used.
>>
Is it a good idea to take out loan for a $4000-$5000 used car, and am I better off just saving until I have the full amount?
>>
>>14211231
>you can finance a used car
>you can finance a used car
>warranties are scams
>I get free rentals at Lexus
>blah
>blah
>>
>>14211217
Get new if:
>decent job
>want to build credit fast
>like knowing every detail of a cars life from the factory
>don't browse /o/
>>
Buy new if you have a lot of money and don't plan on switching cars very often like a retard.

Buy used if you don't have a lot of money and basically HOPE the used car you bought doesn't have hidden issues. Also, if you happen to switch cars a lot, buy used.

By all means, its best to buy used in general, but also buy new as a car that YOU will drive for a long ass friggin time... basically your favorite car or someshit.

Would you buy a Ferrari new or used? Implying that you have enough money to buy new or used.

yep.
>>
>>14213078

But where is that money going? You're not actually owning anything, you're just paying a finance company to lease a car.

I'm currently on finance and I'll be buying my next car used and owning it outright.
>>
>>14211217
Why would anyone need so many exhausts?
>>
>>14218059
>But where is that money going? You're not actually owning anything,
Whats it matter if I just want a good, reliable, new ford focus to DD in? I get to have a new car, drive it wherever, use it how ever much I want, and at the end of the payment term, you can either give the car back to ford and thats that, you can keep paying finance on the car and eventually own it once that's all paid off, or you can trade it in for another new model.

I don't know if ford in the US does this, but they do in the UK, and even on their used cars, not just new ones
>>
Why would you buy a new car? That's like buying a cell phone. Who does that? Lease it, drive the fuck out of it and give it back.
>>
>>14218334
to go faster when it shoots the flames
>>
Get new if you have common sense.

Get used if you're retarded, poor or just like paying for repairs.
>>
>>14218812
You're a fucking idiot if you think any of that is true
>>
>>14213494
I took out a 5g loan to buy a car even though I didn't need it. I only did it to get a good credit rating. If you've already GOT a good credit rating and can stand to wait, I'd personally wait until you have the full amount. But that's just me - I don't like being in debt where I can avoid it.
>>
File: c700x420.jpg (86KB, 700x420px) Image search: [Google]
c700x420.jpg
86KB, 700x420px
Only if ya got da Pro Deal...

Oohh!!
>>
Typical responses from the poorfags at /o/.
Here comes the butt slurry of mad.
>>
The 2014 and 2015 versions of the new vehicle I bought were literally $1500-2000 less and had 20,000 miles. That is shopping around private sale and dealers that I got that number... Going to spend $25k might as well spend $27k for a brand new one you know was never abused and has a good factory warranty that will last awhile.

It really depends on the brand and model though. Hyundai, Kia, other shitbox companies tend to depreciate super fast. While things like Jeeps and Subarus hold their value far longer. No, I did not buy a Jeep or Subaru.
>>
Can you get an AMG GTS used? I don't think so. Do you want a used S550 w/o warranty? I don't think so.

Do you wish you bought a BMW 1M when they were available, I think so.

There are a multitude of reasons to buy new. If you can afford it, it can be a much better experience than buying used. What good is a lot of money if you don't spend it?
>>
>>14211231

>hassle free

In four years the worst thing that happened to my LeSabre was the Crank Positions Sensor died and the ignition timing was jacked up. I was able to drive it home no problem, and the part was 15$ and took me a half hour to install. I know plenty of people who have new cars that give them way more trouble than that LeSabre has given me.
>>
Lightly used 3-4 year old car with full service records >>>> new
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.