[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't /o/ ever talk about the Saturn Sky roadster?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

Why doesn't /o/ ever talk about the Saturn Sky roadster?
>>
>>14210953
Because it's very expensive for what it is, and not that fast, and it's old.

$11k here for used ones with clean title.
>>
>>14210953
What is there to talk about?

It's just ok.
>>
3000 pounds despite being the size of a miata

Only GM could manage such a feat
>>
File: saturn-logo-large.jpg (15KB, 562x328px) Image search: [Google]
saturn-logo-large.jpg
15KB, 562x328px
Not related to OP's post about that specific car...

but what does /o/ think about the Saturn brand of cars? Because they're now defunct/dead, does it mean that their older cars are shit?
>>
My mom had one for a few years (recently got ride of it). She daylied it all year in Canada on all-seasons no problem. Hers was one of the first ones, and it had a tonne of issues initially (especially electrical) but GM fixed them all within the first year (they even ended up repainting it for some reason, and the second paint job was immaculate). Car attracted a tonne of attention (she had it in bright red) which she liked.

It wasn't a 'sports car', but for what people bought them for - the looks and top-down cruising - it did the job very well. You'll remember when this car came out it was competing (IIRC) with the early NC 'soap bar' Miata, which wasn't nearly as immediately appealing to most people in terms of looks (although I liked it personally; in fact when she was looking for a little convertible I told her the Sky was too gaudy, which I later changed my mind on).
>>
File: ag_07miata_frontright_td.jpg (341KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
ag_07miata_frontright_td.jpg
341KB, 1280x960px
>>14211054
Soap bar Miata for anyone who forgets.

There was also the Solstice platform twin, which personally I don't like much.
>>
>>14211030
Nothing but econoboxes but definitely better than most of GMs other brands when it came to quality.
>>
File: 2004-Saturn-Ion-Image-001.jpg (149KB, 1920x804px) Image search: [Google]
2004-Saturn-Ion-Image-001.jpg
149KB, 1920x804px
>>14211030
The "real" Saturns with plastic body panels were pretty cool, although I think they're all junked by now. The Ion in particular gets a lot of shit but I think it was really neat and nice looking. The first-gen Vue also looked nice and distinct. Saturn had a really clear brand identity and styling language until close to the end, when it just became a GM rebadge dumping ground.
>>
>>14211096
Besides the RX-8 do any other 'coupes' share this body style? (w/ suicide doors). Seems like the perfect way to have 2-door styling with easy(ier) access to the back.
>>
>>14211030
No, the SL/SW/SC are all top-tier econoboxes but by now they are all thrashed.
>>
>>14211096
>The first-gen Vue also looked nice and distinct.
It looks OK but I DD one (A V6 FWD automatic) and the quality is just fucking dogshit. Hard plastic just about everywhere in the interior, the fake leather seats don't have adjustable lumbar, and (I suppose unsurprisingly with 12 years and 127k miles) there's a number of interior rattles.
Discounting the rattles, the chassis doesn't deal with small road creases and imperfections well. It's super fucking noisy.
The steering feels like shit too, worse than any other FWD car I've driven. The only thing I can think of that was in any way worse was a '97 Expedition, which is excusable.

I want to get rid of this thing ASAP.
>>
>>14211009

Damn, I keep forgetting weabs only fap over small and efficient cheaply made things instead of luxuries.
>>
File: 54253632.png (717KB, 600x785px) Image search: [Google]
54253632.png
717KB, 600x785px
>>14211146
Shame to hear it's so shitty. Really a nice looking little SUV. Would be a super sharp design if it came out today.
>>
>>14211054
Was that your moms? That looks incredibly gorgeous honestly.
>>
>>14211164
>Opel/Pontiac/Saturn
>luxury
Nah, they just made half the car out of pig iron.
>>
>>14211164
I'm the first one to deride the "pigfat" meme. Buy the Sky was heavy as fuck for it's "luxuries" (which it didn't have much of). In this case, it was very heavy. I would have liked it if it had more power to make up for it. But in it's class
>heaviest
>worst handling
>slowest
>expensive
>not really reliable
>company doesn't exist to support it
>>
Ugly slow american crap
>>
>>14211179
The funny thing about it is that it was available (and the one I DD is blessed by) a 3.5L Honda V6. Great engine. Bad car.
>>
>>14211164
>implying "luxuries" weigh that much
>>
>>14211192
>American
You're not very bright, are you?
>>
File: 00C0C_kp74eURHn9Z_600x450.jpg (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00C0C_kp74eURHn9Z_600x450.jpg
41KB, 600x450px
>>14211145
>>14211075
>L300
Hey senpaitachi what do you guys think about this in pic related?
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/ctd/5388175953.html

I fucking love that white paint on it. Only thing is I'm gonna have to call the fucking seller to ask how many miles it has on it. He's asking $1450.

However, from Wikipedia:
>The Saturn L-Series was troubled early in production by a number of quality issues, often related to engine failures, transmission failures and overall fit and finish issues. Consumers reported repeat problems with tire noise and vibration linked to poorly designed control arm bushings and nonadjustable rear alignments. A retrofit kit was released to address these concerns.

>In 2005, a recall was issued pursuant to a defect petition by the North Carolina Consumers Council, a consumer nonprofit advocacy organization, alleging repeat brake and tail light failures. The resulting recall affected more than 300,000 vehicles in the United States and Canada.
>Later that same year, the North Carolina Consumers Council petitioned for an investigation into timing chain failures and subsequent engine failures across the model lineup for vehicles using the 2.2L engine. The resulting recall affected only a small number of vehicles built in a four-month period in late 2000 and early 2001. The organization reported that complaints of engine failure due to a defective timing chain design persist to this day and requests for recall expansions have largely been ignored. The organization has gone so far as to make its first recommendation against the purchase of a vehicle in its more than forty year history due in part to this timing chain defect.

WORRY.jpg
>>
>>14211218
The L300 was one of the rebadged Opels, so yeah it's kinda shit.
>>
File: x.png (6KB, 178x48px) Image search: [Google]
x.png
6KB, 178x48px
>>14211225
Awesome, thanks. Gonna close these tabs then lol
>>
>>14211186
Not her car but it looked the same. Actually I think hers was completely specced-out, and it had enormous wheels (relative to the size of the car) which really contributed to the look. The top design was also really nice looking, with extensions that went back to improve the lines.

People always asked her what it was. Bang-for-buck I don't think you could buy a more exotic looking head-turning car.

People criticize the weight and performance vs. the Miata, but they're missing the point that this was really an exercise in pure styling, with exaggerated everything (super low stance, wide body, huge wide tires, chrome everywhere, sharp lines, colour-coded interior, engine tuned for sound not performance...)
>>
>>14211146
Its funny because i have one with a j series v6 fwd auto and at 190k mikes, there are no rattles or anything. The interior leaves a lot of room for improvement but its like a sleeper. Got it dyno tuned with a 250$ custom catback and an intake and made 283hp.
You're definitely over exaggerating about the noise though.
>>
File: sky2.jpg (179KB, 1288x966px) Image search: [Google]
sky2.jpg
179KB, 1288x966px
>>14211249
Colour-matched interior if you've never seen. Looked great with the red. Dash plastics are all rock-hand and hollow feeling, but if you don't touch anything it looked really nice.
>>
>>14211255
>You're definitely over exaggerating about the noise though.
It could be that my last DD was a P71, which was silent as a tomb. Unfortunately issues were starting to pile up on her and I got the Vue for the low price of nothing.
>>
Because it's a shitty car and not as great as /o/ tries to make it out to be
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.