[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /o/'s take on FWD Mercs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 11

File: Mercedes-Benz-CLA-1.jpg (144KB, 1280x762px) Image search: [Google]
Mercedes-Benz-CLA-1.jpg
144KB, 1280x762px
What's /o/'s take on FWD Mercs?
>>
The CLA is a rolling piece of garbage for retards that want a cheap, new tri-star and don't care about anything other than the logo.
>>
Me? Meh, they've got to increase sales on way or the other, and using a generalized platform to produce a "cheap" car that normies will fancy because of
>muh luxury brand

/o/'s opinion? Utter disdain
>>
My opinion is that nowadays too many brands try to serve too many submarkets. The world doesn't need Mercedes compacts, Lamborghini SUVs, Ford supercars or Honda and Toyota pickup trucks just for Americans.
>>
>>14210064
proportions are all wrong
>>
>>14210090
>what are emissions/mpg regulations

Not saying there aren't needlessly marketed vehicles these days, but there's a reason for the Aston Martin Cygnet.
>>
In Europe they are just normal cars

If owner by a Turk, they are for poor people who want to impress their equally poor friends with a German Honda Civic

If American, even more so.

Its for poor people with an inferiority complex. This car is an indicator of genuine behavioral disorders.
>>
File: Aston-Martin-EV-04.jpg (156KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Aston-Martin-EV-04.jpg
156KB, 1600x900px
>>14210106
not really just make a shitty EV or hybrid.
>>
File: DSC_0326.jpg (2MB, 4928x3264px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0326.jpg
2MB, 4928x3264px
>>14210064
It's actually garbage, and pic related is from a top of the line AMG model that cost well over $45k
>>
>>14210064
Looks like shit on the outside, looks shittier on the inside. Expensive, Renault engine, horrible back seat. The Audi A3 is a much nicer choice.
>>
>>14210064
Shitty car for badgewhores. Same with the A3. What's wrong with the gti or golf r?
>>
>>14210611
But with Audi you atleast get a better quality feel. Better feel in the buttons and knobs.
>>
>>14210611
Also, what's wrong with Seat? Quite a lot cheaper than VW.
>>
>>14210627
We don't have those in the US
>>
>>14210621
The only nice thing about the A3 is the sexy brown leather interior. Switchgear is the same as vw.
>>
>>14210640
It's not. The volumeknob in the stereo is much nicer on the Audi than the Golf. You can get the Golf with brown leather as well.

Skoda Octavia then? Best Price/Quality ratio.
>>
I've driven the CLA250. It's nice. The interior quality IS pretty great. It makes a fuckton of low end torque, maybe it's the gearing, but it's like diesel-status of RPM revs. At 75mph, it's barely hovering 2,000 RPM.
>>
It's a.cheapo car tarnished as a Mercedes. Girls fall for it.
>>
Thank goodness, glad to see people switching over to FWD.

FWD is the king of performance, economy, and all-around the best bang for your buck.
>>
>>14210891
I hope you fucking die and get reincarnated as a jew born in germany in the year 1900
>>
>>14210646
>tfw no Skoda in America
>>
>>14210064
Ugly slow german crap
>>
>>14210064
They should of made this a wagon. Sedan form is fucking goofy looking.
>>
File: Untitled.png (444KB, 1156x692px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
444KB, 1156x692px
>>14210064
>$31K car
>$27k in options
>>
>>14211038
Actually falling for the bait you rwd fag
>>
>>14211214
That's every what every German manufacturer does it seems
>>
>>14210064
That's not a Mercury
>>
>>14211214
I read somewhere that it was actually cheaper getting higher trim Carreras than speccing out lower trim ones because the S' come with more features standard

But who the fuck needs leather wrapped vent slits?
>>
>>14211211
They did. It just isn't available in the US because you guys don't buy estates.

>>14210064
I'd drive one if I got it as a company car, I guess, but they do absolutely nothing for me. Then again, nor does the vast majority of Mercedes' current lineup, teebeeaych.
>>
The CLA is a poser car. It doesn't have good performance or handling and it doesn't have the luxury features a Mercedes should have. It exists solely so that Mercedes can milk money from badgewhores.
>>
>>14211479
>They did.
hnnng thats sexy.
>>
>>14211583
I look at it and think it looks like some sort of Lexus RX chop-and-drop job.

But I still like it.
>>
File: toyota-tumor.jpg (15KB, 305x217px) Image search: [Google]
toyota-tumor.jpg
15KB, 305x217px
>>14211606
wut
>>
ugly
>>
>>14211216
>confirmed for never driving RWD on a track
FWD is fine for commuter cars but RWD feels so much better in corners usually.
>>
>>14210064
They are barely a step above Volkswagen in every way except price.
Meanwhile the C and E class are pretty much the best cars in their markets.
>>
>>14211643

Nah bro, a civic is much lighter and more agile around the corners due to the better grip potential of front wheelers. Oversteer will slow you down, meanwhile a civic with a rear sway bar would have a much more neutral position and allow for less meaningless skids and unintentional drifting shenanigans.
>>
>>14212165
I just... learned these are FWD. Always thought it's just C-class badged differently. So we (would) pay for aluminium buttons, onboard gadgets, stylish look and badge? Daamn.
>>
>>14212293
Nowhere near a C-Class... built on the same platform as the A-Class and GLA
>>
I thought "objectively bad looking" was just a meme till I saw this
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 640x360px
0/10 would not sell soul to Willem Dafoe for
>>
>>14212199
b8
>>
>paying more for an accord because of the badge
>>
>>14210225
Seems like you've never been in a car before.
>>
not a real benz. only real ones are G, S, maybe CLS, maybe
>>
>>14210114
>>The tragic demeanor of unsuccessful blondes.jpg
>>
>>14213084
>E
>not a real Benz
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.