[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What oil pan do you guys use, and do you have any recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 81bifoArByL._SL1500_.jpg (109KB, 1500x966px) Image search: [Google]
81bifoArByL._SL1500_.jpg
109KB, 1500x966px
What oil pan do you guys use, and do you have any recommendations for oil pans?
>>
>What oil pan do you guys use
rear sump 2wd toyota pickup.
>do you have any recommendations for oil pans?
baffled deep sump
>>
Whatever is on sell at the store when you need one?
>>
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007HJI7FM/ref=mp_s_a_1_18?qid=1452411024&sr=8-18&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=oil+drain+pan
Best pan
>>
>>14208883
Omg u r 2 cool
>>
whatever walmart had with a lid so I could recycle used oil directly into their barrels without even pouring it back in the jug. 20QT is godmode for 3-4 oil chances worth
>>
Shitty $5 one from Autzone, there's a kit thats on special that is Scott paper towels, hand cleaner, a funnel, and of course the oil pan for like $5 iirc
>>
>>14208862

Pretty much exactly the one in the op pic

But I didn't want to/need to jack my car up just to change the oil and it was an 8L pan so I got my grinder out and cut off the top couple inches so it would fit under my car (only have about 100mm clearance)

I always just buy these cheap plastic ones and then throw it away after one use. Less hassle and mess. Same with the funnel, buy for a dollar and use it once.
>>
I just use old bottles, then its best dumped along the neighbours fenceline to poison his shitty fucking tree and annoying cunt dog
>>
how do you properly dispose of old oil?
>>
>>14209886

Most city waste transfer stations / dumps have a special bin / area for used motor oil

Also in my country most auto stores have a bin out front for motor oil. (Supercheap auto)
>>
>>14209866
>inb4 B&
>>
>go to local auto shop
>see oil pan is 30 dollars
>just for this 5L plastic tub with no handles
>go to different shop that is 2 blocks away and for 15 dollars get
>drain pan
>funnel
>oil filter removing tool thing
repco can go fuck itself
>>
>>14209866
Kek
>>
>>14209886
Just pour that shit down a drain.
>>
>>14209886
Wal-mart takes old oil
>>
File: 41aO9IFha5L.jpg (19KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
41aO9IFha5L.jpg
19KB, 500x270px
I use a Milodon 30940
>>
>>14210820
Fuck tard
>>
File: chafer water pan.png (570KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
chafer water pan.png
570KB, 1366x768px
Chafer Water Pan
4 inch deep
more than a foot wide
two foot long
>>
>>14210824
You asked for oil pans, did you mean drain pan?
>>
Is it real? I hope I won't find here "what mods have you done to your [put tool-thingy name]?" thread the other day.

Btw I use a funnel and 5 liter water bottle. Low yearly mileages, one car, no need to store additional accesories.
>>
A ditch by the side of the road.
>>
I assume you mean oil drain pan and not just oil pan.

I just use the cheap one from Walmart. It works. I'm not seeing a reason to spend more on another one. I've had mine for over 4 years now.
What benefits do pricier ones offer?

>>14209886

Try your town's recycling center. At mine, there's a big canister you step up to and poor it in the top.
>>
That combined catch & transport pan, with the side that unscrews. Fits under my car without a jack, doesn't slosh out when I'm sliding it back out, and has that little grate across the top which is perfect for setting down your drain plug or letting your old oil filter drip.
>>
A Big rectangular plastic thing from vatozone that has a spot to drain the filter, which is nice. I used to use a little round 7 qt pan to catch the 6.5 qts of oil I use. That was no fun to pick up and pour into the empty oil containers, I spilled a lot.
>>
>>14208862
whatever the dealership uses
>>
>>14208862
>>14208900
>>14210820
asks for oil pans, gets oil pans, doesn't know what a drain pan is. talks shit
stay classy /o/
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.