[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the shift to autonomous self-driving cars eventually cause

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

Will the shift to autonomous self-driving cars eventually cause traditional cars to drop substantially in price?

If it will, why are you so bitter about autonomous cars? Once the technology takes off, you might be able to afford a Ferrari or Porsche one day
>>
>I failed highschool economics
Okay
>>
This is a work safe board.
>>
>>14206657

Are you retarded?

As more people conform to autonomous vehicles, demand for traditional vehicles will decrease, thus causing prices to decrease.
>>
>>14206639
No, especially not in 'murica. Auto-cars will just replace taxis and probably some amount of economy cars that people use for commuting.

People always think self driving cars will replace what we have today but the fact is people like driving, especially in america, so self-driving cars will just be another segment like trucks or crossovers or economy cars.
>>
>>14206673

Please trip so I can filter you.
>>
>>14206686

That's all I need to answer the question

You are in fact retarded
>>
Two pretty obvious situations

>most people switch to auto cars, sell off manual cars for cheap because no need for them anymore
>manual cars get taxed out the ass
ill go with the second option. if theres an opportunity for government to further control our lives and steal our money, theyll take it.
>>
>>14206695
What the fuck makes you think robot cars will be something everyone wants to own?
>>
>>14206706
This, except it won't be a tax (at first), itll be massive insurance rates
>>
>>14206719
thanks anon, i forgot about the greedy ass corporations :^)
also muh fuel prices
>>
>>14206708

Two observations:

1. The next generation of future drivers have no interest in cars. It's merely a transportation appliance to them. They are raised sitting in the back seat glued to a TV monitor or iPhone.

2. Autonomous cars will far less likely to cause accidents and thus become a moral imperative.
>>
>>14206672

>File Deleted

What was the original image?
>>
>>14206708
What the fuck makes you think otherwise?

Do you hear about normalfags praising the steering feel/handling/etc about cars anymore? No, they just want to be safe and comfy and have status and work as little as possible. That's why they love Teslas so much.
>>
>>14206751
>1. The next generation of future drivers have no interest in cars. It's merely a transportation appliance to them. They are raised sitting in the back seat glued to a TV monitor or iPhone.

This.

Kids these days don't care for driving. They aren't looking out the windows with curiosity on road trips. They aren't bored in the backseat, dreaming of one day sitting behind the wheel.

The future is fucked.
>>
File: 07-stirling-moss-ferrari-250-gto.jpg (284KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
07-stirling-moss-ferrari-250-gto.jpg
284KB, 1280x850px
Yep, just like cars like this are worthless these days because they don't have traction control, heated seats, and bluetooth, nobody will spend money on outdated junk
>>
>>14206863
>>14206751
>huur duur kids arent interested in cars
Do you know any young lads or just getting this opinion from what you see on TV or something?

>/every time/ my seven year old sister rides in my car
>"do a skid anon do a skid!"
>>
>>14206890
yea if anything it would make traditional cars way more expensive but create a huge need for aftermarket parts
>>
>>14206891

Nice anecdote.
>>
>>14206751
Ok you're right on 2, but I really don't know about 1. This might be the case in super populated countries like south asia and shit but NA has had a huge car culture for generations now and though robot cars will probably reduce that a bit, I don't forsee cars as a hobby going away any time soon.
>>
>>14206917
>my 3rd cousins adopted child said "i dont care" when I asked him what cars he liked
>this means all kids dont like cars
:^))
>>
My thoughts are in line with >>14206706 and >>14206719

It'll basically be a big push by the governments to try anf force the issue, however I suspect that withh the drive to have always networked and online devices will eventually fuck things overafter some asshat commits a mass hack and locks down a whole innerstate, or worse, and people would more or less stream back to the "safer" alternative like the reactionary lemmings that we in the masses are.
>>
>>14206918

Those generations grew up without smart phones and social media. They played with matchbox cars and went on road trips. It's not the same for the upcoming generation (whatever they're naming the generation born before "millennials).

There's not going to be some sort of mass rebellion against autonomous cars like many on /o/ here are suggesting will happen.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/demotorizing-what-happens-when-young-people-dont-care-about-cars/
>>
>>14207009

Meant to say "born after" not before
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.