[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: mitsubishi-ex-concept-005-1.jpg (135KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
mitsubishi-ex-concept-005-1.jpg
135KB, 750x422px
why
>>
Mitsubishi needs to stop trying to be Toyota/Honda and stick to making cheap enthusiast vehicles. They can't compete, so it's time to downsize.
>>
>>14205133
if cheap drivers cars made money they would do it
>>
>>14205122
It's like a Lexus and a Land Rover had sex
>>
>>14205138
But that's exactly what Mazda's doing
>>
File: 003.jpg (240KB, 680x958px) Image search: [Google]
003.jpg
240KB, 680x958px
>Hi car people! I’m a jezebel person, and I’ve been popping in to read the buying guides for basically every small SUV and crossover. I’d liek some some kind and helpful opinions, if you have them.
>I’m in a giant old Ford Explorer right now. I like sitting way up in the air but I feel bad about my approximately 1.5 mpg, and my fella would like me in a car that’s lower to the ground and feels a little safer and is all around smaller. I definitely like the idea of something a little smaller, because I do find my big ass car a bit unwieldy in the city. I’ve been researching, and have driven so many small SUVs and crossovers, from the Chevy Trax (feels like a toy car!) to the BMW X1 (feels too much like a wagon!)

tl:dr girls
>>
Remember every name in this video
They are responsible for Mitsubishi's current horrible design decisions. They also made the decision to kill your precious Evo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAkz4t0V6GA
>>
>>14205238
There is nothing wrong with the Evo X.
>>
>>14205140
That was the first thing that came to mind

Looks like that lexus concept mixed with an evoque

>tfw mitsubishi pulls a nissan and brings back the evo as a crossover
>>
File: 1446319685902.png (2MB, 636x1917px) Image search: [Google]
1446319685902.png
2MB, 636x1917px
Is there anything more painful than watching mitsubishi and nissan sudoku in slow motion
>>
>>14205122
they do this for safety. SUVs are higher than normal cars thus when they collide and the bumpers dont hit one another, the SUV will bypass some if not most of the safety features of the normal car. they make it look like this to lower the bumper while still remaining relatively high up.
>>
>>14205133
They have been downsizing for years, it hasn't worked.

Wasn't until the newer Outlander and Mirage arrived that their fortunes were beginning to turn around.

In their immediate future, the Outlander PHEV, which has done well in Europe, will come here, alongside a Mirage sedan, a Mirage update, and a new crossover previewed by the concept in OP's pic. By 2019-2020, a new Outlander and Outlander Sport will enter the fray. The Lancer likely will be discontinued, as Mitsubishi can not find a partner to help them with that. Evo won't be back for at least another ten years, if ever.

Like it or not, this is Mitsubishi's stand.
>>
File: 64578902346.png (449KB, 750x358px) Image search: [Google]
64578902346.png
449KB, 750x358px
>>14205122
Fixd?
>>
>>14205451
Dunno about the Outlander, but the new Mirage is a piece of shit even for the price. They deserved to have lost money on that car, not gained it.
>>
>>14205460
>you wan pray game?
>>
>>14205484
New Mirage may be shit (lets face it, all Mistubishis, including the Evo, are pretty bad compared to their competition), but its attractive points are its low price and 10 year 100,000 mile warranty.

Outlander is ok, just nothing special, and sort of behind its competitors. Still, those two cars sell the best out of Mitsubishis whole 4 car range.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (302KB, 576x309px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
302KB, 576x309px
>>14205460
>no fiesta-sized evo hatch
>>
>>14205306
Nope i made the switch to GM US/AU ages ago.

Ford is up and down as always but at least they know what people want

JDM is fucked i havent touched a nip car made after 1996 in like 3 years
>>
>>14205521
I guess that might be unusual in the States, but here in Europe there are lots of cheap cars with good warranties that are a damn site better than the Mirage.

We might not be a great place to go if you want big v8s, but we have all but perfected the tiny, nondescript econobox.
>>
what's with the side mirror

it's thinner than my dick
>>
>>14206031
>needing visibility in modern cars

Don't worry about situational awareness anon, just let it drive itself. If you hit something, you'll get a minor bruise at worst!
>>
This i8 c pillar meme needs to stop.
>>
>>14205900
The French brands like Renault, Puegeot, and Citroen gave up on America decades ago, but Renault technically has a presence in America through Nissan.

FCA won't dare bring Lancia or Dacia over to America, instead they want to utilize the brands already here, Dodge, Ram, Chrysler, Fiat and Jeep.

And while hatchbacks are more common in Europe due to shorter driving distances, high fuel prices and narrower city roads, the American buying public is more in favor of larger crossovers and SUVs due to longer drives, lower fuel costs and wider roads. Still, new hatches come to America quite often, and get a decent amount of sales. Recent examples include the Honda Fit and Scion iM.
>>
mark my words we are coming back around full circle where cars will resemble horse drawn carradges minus the horses high end manufacturers are already planning this
>>
>>14205263

nice try, evo X owner
>>
File: 1397870241845.jpg (33KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1397870241845.jpg
33KB, 500x667px
>>14205227
>Homu's trigger discipline
Happy.
>>
>>14205372
> they make it look like this to lower the bumper while still remaining relatively high up.
Disagree.

Small SUVs like OP have PERCEIVED safety which is why car manufacturers make so many of them. The design and safety features (or lack of) that you cite have nothing to do with crashes. It's all about the driver being higher than a "normal" car which is the style of an SUV, and where the soccer mom safety perception came from.

That shitty concept in the OP could be a foot lower and have 17inch wheels and it'd be a large hatchback. There is no difference is safety even when adding 4WD to the recipe... it's just a 'high car'. They are literally cancer of the roads.
>>
>>14205698
i like this
>>
>>14205122
>those mirrors
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.