[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any harm in running red lights if no one is coming from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

Is there any harm in running red lights if no one is coming from the other way?

I was late for work, and there was a red light when like no one was coming. So instead of stopping for no reason at all and wasting gas I just went for it because that was the logical thing to do.

Has anybody else done this? Has anybody thought about doing this? Sometimes it feels like there's no reason why we should be stopping.
>>
>>14203478
If theres nobody around, and no red light cam, I see no issue.
>>
In my old town there was this one intersection that was the town's busiest too. In the early morning when no one was around, it'd show green for the main road. But it cycled on a timer so when you're driving towards it you wake up the intersection timer and the first thing it does is turn the main road red... So it was impossible to drive down this road going to the highway without it turning red on you. So it was safe to blow through it if there weren't any cops taking advantage of the intersection since they knew about it too.
>>
As someone who grew up in the middle of nowhere I'm use to running stop signs. It's a victimless crime.

Running actual lights in the city, that's a gamble.
>>
File: AintNobodyGotTimeForDat.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AintNobodyGotTimeForDat.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>14203478
I run exactly one red light on my commute because I need to turn left and the fucking circuit doesn't register a motorcycle as a vehicle that needs to turn left
>>
Not anywhere were I drive. i could see it being ok in the middle of no where.
>>
>>14203478
No cop ? No stop.
>>
>>14203528
It's actually legal to do that in my state on bikes, for that specific reason.
>>
>>14203478
I've done it many times. There are several lights that are unreasonably long in some country areas... If I have a clear view of all directions and am positive there's no one around, I'll proceed through it.
>>
File: 1419637721397.jpg (26KB, 454x490px) Image search: [Google]
1419637721397.jpg
26KB, 454x490px
>>14204365
>mfw bicyclists use it in inner cities where the lights are timed
"well the law gives me a special instance where I can but I'll just run the red lights all the time and act surprised when I get hit!"
>>
>>14204394
I was referring to Motorcycles...
>>
In an area with absolutely noone around and light is timed for rush-hour traffic? Yes.

In a city with even a moderate amount of people around? Fuck you cunt I hope you die.

I always hate driving to the city (Houston) for this reason. Everyone runs red lights in heavy traffic, and thankfully I'm not a dumbass and my brakes just got replaced because every time I'm there, there are red-light-runners at every god damn corner and they pull right in front of you.
>>
>>14204394
MOM THEY AREN'T FOLLOWING THE RULES
>>
If nobody is harmed than there isnt any harm. Delete this thread.
>>
i live by the shore and we don't even have red lights, we have flashing yellow lights, which pretty much means don't be a retard
>>
>>14204437
A friend of mine uses a couple heavy magnets from the welding shop to create enough precense to trip those sensors on his vespa.

Might want to try that.
>>
>>14203478
I do this literally every morning on my way to work
>>
>>14203528
This is why we need the Caliphate.
>>
I run loads of reds when I cycle in the city, kinda worried that its a habit that might affect me when I start driving.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.