[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying a new car because reasons. Found 4 on craigslist that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (619KB, 615x615px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
619KB, 615x615px
Buying a new car because reasons. Found 4 on craigslist that seem to be good cars and are being sold for a good deal. Was just wanting some /o/pinions

>2004 Honda Civic
-hybrid
-199k miles
-"needs some attention but nothing major"
-$2000

>1997 Nissan Sentra
-125k miles
-"runs perfect, good conditions"
-$1625

>2000 Dodge Neon ES
-156k miles
-ES model
-"turning belt good for another 20k miles"
-"tires good for at least another season"
-"could use a valve cover gasket replacement"
-"drips a bit of oil on exhaust manifold now and then when you top-off"
-"may need a break job in another 5k miles"
-"Idles a little rough at times"
-$1790

>1997 Chevy Cavalier
-98k miles
-transmission leak
-needs new seals
-"possibly new bearings"
-"was very well taken care of"
-$1500

The Civic seems the nicest but the milage is a bit high. The Neon also seems appealing since the seller seems to have a lot of confidence in it in the ad. The owner of the Cavalier responded to me already so I could look at that today, plus it's the cheapest.

Overall I'm willing to commit $2500 with price to buy + any maintenance that has to be done, so think of the Cavalier as $1500 plus $1000 done in any repairs/maintenance on it. Again, just wanting some /o/pinions if anyone is willing to chime in. Posted all the relevant info found in the ads but can post full ads/additional info if needed.
>>
The Civic will be your best bet depending on what need work.
>>
Civic, as long as the hybrid system isn't messed up at 200,000 miles.
>>
>>14203447
Hmm four old piece of shit econobox FWD people movers. Yeah, great options there.
>>
>>14203624
not everyone has rich parents that buy stuff for them
>>
Sentra, assuming it checks out (I'm sure it'll need a bit of work). Neon would be my second choice. Where are you (approximately)? I'm up for an excuse to browse craigslist for cheap beaters.
>>
>>14203795
theres plenty of better options for similar money. Stop bitching a fucking pussy
>>
>>14203447
I think the sentra might be your best bet assuming it actually runs perfect.
>high milage hybrid
1k+ for hybrid system repairs (if needed) General rule is avoid used hybrids unless you can get a warranty on it
>neon that already runs rough + other problems
you'll spend more time under the hood or in repair shops than behind the wheel
>cavalier with bad tranny
basically the same as the neon except you'll be even more broke from the tranny repairs.
>>
File: file.png (375KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
375KB, 600x450px
>>14203799
>Where are you (approximately)?
My local craigslist is Reno Nevada
>>14203811
Such as?
>>14203843
Sentra description was very barren so who knows. Pic related is the engine he posted.
>>
probably civic
also look out for a buick with a 3800, those usually have low mileage due to their owners dying off
>>
File: 11895614.jpg (226KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
11895614.jpg
226KB, 1920x1200px
Get the sentra. It's low miles, and they are easy to work on. Normally I would go for the Honda, but hybrid stuff gets expensive when it breaks, plus a certified hybrid mechanic has to fix it. Neon a Shit, plus it sounds like a lot could go wrong soon. Cavalier would be my second choice. They are reliable and simple. Plus parts are super cheap.
>>
>>14203855
Yeah I was just going from what you posted. Maybe ask if you can take it to get checked out. I used to work at pep boys and they offer free brake checks that include multipoint inspections as well. Its their way of finding stuff to make money off you but you can use it to find out anything (visually obvious) wrong with the car.
>>
Can you turn a wrench? If so id go for the neon. Parts are cheap and they're really simple cars. Sounds like it'll be solid once you do the VC gasket. Do spark plug tube seals too, those can leak and fill the tubes with oil which can cause it to run rough
>>
http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/5355677960.html

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/5365183084.html

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/5376381974.html

http://reno.craigslist.org/cto/5387393444.html
>>
>>14203447
As much as I hate Nissan.
Those sentras are godly. My grandparents have one. Gets 45mpg on highway. Never fails to run. They've had it for 10+ years and we all beat the shit out of it (4 grandsons) and roadtripped in it.
>>
>>14203447
Hybrid batteries and systems shit themselves out after 17 years. I would avoid it.
>>
>>14203447
Civic is the most respectable
Sentra is the most rational
Cavalier is the most pleb
Neon is the most pants on head
>>
>>14203856
ayyyy
Snagged one with 66k miles for 3 grand. You can probably spend 2k and get one with more "old people damage" like scuffs and small dents. Mine was pretty clean with a leather interior.
>>
>>14203447
Sentra. Its the least likely to get fucky on you out of this lot. I would have said civic but hybrid stuff isnt cheap.
>>
>>14203447
>buy a new car
>new
>2004, 1997, 2000, 1997
>new
fucking moron
>>
>>14204218
This.
>>
>>14203447
1997 crapalier for $1500

>lol

Maybe $1k at best
>>
>1997 Chevy Cavalier

holy shit that's what I daily right now same color too

reliable as fuck definitely a good DD, reliable engine, although I've done some work on it myself, it was entirely my choice to do so and it was not needed
>>
>>14204438
forgot my cons

it's loud, the suspension is probably shot, other than that I've had no problems

a good pro is it's SUPER EASY to work on
>>
>>14203447
sadly, the sentra (as shit nissan is) is your best bet. nothin' really wrong with them until the 2000s happened.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.