[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

E46 ZHP vs Logic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (408KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
408KB, 1024x685px
So I have about $14,500 in cash saved up, ($10k came from my rich grandparents :)) And being a spoiled little fucker from Marin, I want a BMW (I currently drive an 04 passat). I was looking at 330 ZHPs. They look good, handle well, make decent power, and are comfy as a bonus. They're also decently reliable and mpg and insurance should be reasonable. I can bag a clean one for about 8k.

Here's my real dilemma. Im a senior in hs, and as such Im off to college next year. Im well aware that buying a car at this stage of my life is stupid and pointless, but I still want to be driving something sporty and fun, which the passat isnt. So, should I buy a zhp? Or stick with the passat till Im out of college? And would a car in college really be so impractical? Its a question of logic vs emotion, really.
>>
Money gets spent quick when you're in college. From going out with friends/ eating out/ booze, you're going to spend a lot. So you'e gonna want to buy the car now and not have any money for friends later.
>>
File: 330i_small.jpg (43KB, 506x319px) Image search: [Google]
330i_small.jpg
43KB, 506x319px
Listen,
I would normally tell you to get a reliable car,
and feed you some shit about reliability. But that car is sexy, and if you have decent looks and etiquette women WILL be more attracted to you because of the thing you drive. Work a part time job, keep up with maintenance, slap some low percentage tint on there and itl look fucking awesome.
>>
Buying a zhp is pretty stupid, bit you're a kid in Hs so yolo
>>
>handle well
hahahaha

>make decent power
hahahahahahahahaha

>decently reliable
Oh god OP you're killing me here
>>
>>14198907
I bought a reliable car with decent power, comfy steering and solid depreciation. Guess what anon, I shoulda bought an e46 m3.
>>
>Marin

Novato checking in
>>
After a little bit of fucking around I realized the best solution for most rational people, regardless of age/job/taste.

You need 2 cars.

One to daily, transport smelly people and things, and drive in crappy weather and areas. Plus keep the miles and wear and tear off car #2.

The other is your fun car. It can be whatever you're into- sports cars, offroader, vintage, drift missle, etc. And since you have a daily, you can go balls to the wall with your build, assuming you're into that.

I'm a few years into uni and I would do things that way. I did similar and got an Audi sedan. The thing is, driving around sucks due to efficiency and premium gas, and I got my share of door dings, love taps, and side swipes just PARKING at school. Plus more miles = more (generally) pricey maintenance. I'm lowered and can't really have passengers, plus it's weird having a nice car at a young age. It also has it's perks, but let the perks be perks with no drawbacks.
>>
>>14198881
I dont know Anon. I have an BMW in college, but it was given to me in high school. I rarely drive it these days since most of the places you go are on campus and thus a 10 min walk.

It also depends on where you go to college. If your stupid (like me) and went to the best college you got into, your looking at total prices of around 60k/year. If your parents arent paying and make to much to get any sort of aid, I would hold off on the BMW idea, maybe put a grand or two into making that passat more fun.
>>
>>14199029
>Audi sedan
>can't have passengers because it's lowered
>weird having a nice car

I promise you that your car is not nice.
>>
>>14198921
Oh fuck
>>
>>14199066
My parents are paying for college in full.

>>14198921
Oh fuck, me too
>>
Save your money until you get more driving experience. I'm serious, nothing will kill you more than the day after you wreck your dream car just like that guy with the E46 M3 that flew off a mountain thinking he was speed racer. Get something more reasonable like a Miata if you don't have a car, if not a regular $3000 manual E36 like a 328i so you don't feel bad when you inevitably wreck it when you run out of talent.

On that note get a job and a E46 M3. ZHPs are so overpriced its pointless, ///M or nothing.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.