[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leather CD case has water in it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: m000038638_sc7.jpg (12KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
m000038638_sc7.jpg
12KB, 380x380px
Hey guys, thought /o/ would be the closest board to help me out with this question: I have a large leather CD case that I leave open on my passenger seat and the past few days there has been water on the front page when opening the case and all my CDs are wet (considerably too). The car has a leak behind the passenger glovebox in the corner that couldn't get to the case and rain doesn't seem to be causing it since it has been like this on non-rainy days. I keep a towel pressed up against the leak but some days the passenger floor is wet too. Any ideas? I thought maybe dew or moisture since the car isn't fully sealed but it seemed excessive for that
>>
shameless bump for help
>>
Sorry , pouring water on people's CD cases is my fetish. I'll stop doing it to you I guess.
>>
>>14197872
sick bastard, how do you get past the damn windows?
>>
>>14197888
That's also my fetish
>>
>>14197720
Does this happen only when it rains, or any day?

Does it happen while sitting still and turned off, or when drivin? Or both?
>>
>>14197900
I usually notice it when I start the car up in the morning or mid-day and it happens any day. Thanks for any help you can give
>>
>>14197999
You say it seems excessive for moisture. Are there any low-points around your windows (IE somewhere the condensate would drip from)? Is this a recent thing now that nights are going below zero? Does it happen more of you leave the car for several days? Could try opening your windows for the last couple minutes before you park it, let the hot/humid air out.
>>
Also can be your AC leaking
>>
>>14197720
it's either going to be a leaking heater core, or your AC drain line is clogged and forcing water to drain inside your car. Everybody else is an idiot.
>>
>>14198849
>>14198824
>ac leaking
This is the second thread i have seen you post some dumb shit in two days. Pleas just keep your fucking mouth shut.

>>14198849
this guy is right. Heater or drain. Could be a leak around windshield or bellow the wiper cowl (i have this sort of leak). but its very unlikely since your shit still gets wet when it doesn't drain

Does it smell or taste like coolant? If not its probably the evaporator drain
>>
>>14198782
>Are there any low-points around your windows
No, but there is a leak behind the glovebox area towards the passenger floor which made me think maybe moisture could be getting in since the car isn't sealed as tight but it seemed unlikely. It is a recent thing but I live in a warmer climate and the hot and cold days don't seem to make a difference (had a mix of both the past week). I can definitely try leaving it open for a couple minutes to see how that does.

>>14198849
>>14198871
I never could figure out the leak, I've tried sealing the sunroof (Integra), I've checked the AC drain line and it isn't plugged and water flows out it just fine, I've also tried sealing the windshield completely and that doesn't appear to be the issue but if 871 could let me know how he figured his out I'd appreciate it just to further rule things out. The wet floor does not smell funny but it does seem to evaporate rather than stick around. How do I check the evaporator drain? Still, this fixes my floor problem possibly but the leather CD case sits on top of my leather seat full-time so I can't figure out how the shit water is getting in to it. It makes me think I'm going crazy but if anyone has any ideas on it let me know

Thanks for all the help guys
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.