[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings /o/ I have recently picked up a 88 civic which has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

Greetings /o/

I have recently picked up a 88 civic which has the OG cassette player. It works and all but I wouldnt mind upgrading the audio. I dont want to ruin the looks of the interior by putting some flashy unit in there.

Is it possible to keep the cassette player and maybe hide a headunit in the glove box or something?

Maybe even run a aux to a amp to the speakers?

Any ideas would be nice :)

Pic is totally unrelated
>>
OG? Original gangster?
>>
>>14190621
REAL NIGGA SHIT SON
>>
>>14190599
Yes
>>
Yes, aftermarket amps with aux input exist. You can even add a bluetooth adapter to the aux if you want to be fancy, the modern bluetooth audio transfer protocols have almost no quality loss.
>>
>>14190623
word up homies
>>
File: 16686497551_e7adc0b9a6_k.jpg (823KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
16686497551_e7adc0b9a6_k.jpg
823KB, 2048x1362px
>>14190599
I've got a pioneer head unit in my '86 civic wagon that doesn't look too bad. Has bluetooth, usb, aux, and lights up blue
>>
http://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/11210778/
>>
If you want to keep the stock radio you can get aux or bluetooth transcievers that plig into the antenna input woth pass though. You set the station to whatever the transciever is set to and you can hear radio quality sound from whichever soure you use. Its hidden except for the aux port and doesnt interfer with any of the stock radio functions. Also not too hard to install. Its usally as sinple or easier than a regular radio provided you have apace inside the dash for the tiny box.
>>
>>14190599
So you want a better head unit without fucking up the interiors aesthetics?

How about an old pioneer or alpine head unit? Might be hard to find one though, doubtful they have an aux cord too
>>
>>14190599
get a sony cpa 9c
goes from tape deck to 3.5 mm
-
or if your tape deck has a cd player/changer line in use that
(pic of what stereo your car has would help determine options)

a super old tape deck it might only be two 15 watt channels
but what you can do is get an car amplifier that has a high level input
or use a line level converter in conjunction with a normal amp

this allows you to use the speaker level output as a pre amp level input
and some amps will have an rca pre amp line out that lets you hook up another amp for use with sub woofer
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.