[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Right /o/, Looking for a new car Narrowed it down to the following

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: WP_20150804_005.jpg (511KB, 1918x1077px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150804_005.jpg
511KB, 1918x1077px
Right /o/,

Looking for a new car

Narrowed it down to the following five that are in my price range;
2013 Suzuki Swift Sport
2013 Honda Jazz Si
2015 Renault Twingo Dynamique
2011 Skoda Fabia vRS
2009 Abarth 500

Anyone have any experience with them? I'm worried about the reliability of the Skoda and the Abath, both would be around 40K miles.

My Clio 197 is becoming increasingly more expensive to keep on the road, and I'd like to start saving a bit more money for the future. It has to be more efficient than the Clio, don't really want anything that much smaller either. Performance isn't my top priority right now, but I wouldn't mind something that was still reasonably fun.
>>
The only thing I see worth your time is the jazz si
>>
>>14190315
I'd go for either the Swift or the Abarth 2bh
>>
Honda Jazz SI

How is this even a question
>>
keep the clio
>>
>>14190441
>>14190490
Any reasoning?
I mean, I really like the Jazz, don't get me wrong, but I've always thought they were quite an old person car, at least over here.

>>14190471
Driven both of these, both were properly fun.
>>
File: Clio R27.jpg (69KB, 960x541px) Image search: [Google]
Clio R27.jpg
69KB, 960x541px
>>14190502
Fellow britfag, I know exactly what you mean about the 197, I traded mine in just before christmas for a BRZ, worked out that in the 4 years I'd owned it, I had spent 6.5k just to keep it on the road, and it was due a cambelt change next year, which isn't cheap either. Pic related was mine.

Go for the Suzuki, it's by far the best car on your list, the Abarth has a more fun engine, but after coming from an RS Clio, you'll detest the handling, the Suzuki is revvy as fuck, and you'll find it's small size works in it's favour when you want to have a bit of fun and throw it around the road a bit.
>>
>>14190497
Wish I could, but I've had it two years, I've put 30K miles on it, it's at 75K now, and I've just not got the money to keep it on the road anymore. It's already had £2000 put into it in the last 6 months, and it's due the big service.
>>
File: 500 (20).jpg (1MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
500 (20).jpg
1MB, 2816x2112px
>>14190502
the swift has 5 doors or 3?
>>
>>14190521
It's the 3 door.

>>14190516
Yeah, mines overdue the cambelt, partly why I want to get rid quickly. I've had a go with both the Suzuki and the Abarth. Didn't really get that much of an experience with the Abarth in corners because Manchester traffic.
>>
>>14190546
197 guy again. Is most of your driving city driving? Because then the handling of the Abarth maybe less of an issue, but it doesn't have much steering feel at all. The chassis is ok, but you can't get much confidence with it because the wheel feels so numb in your hands. The Suzuki is the opposite of that.

That was my impression of them both at least.
>>
>>14190546
>Manchester
oi m8

anyways doesn't fiat have a bigass follower base in the UK anyways? I know the Puntos have.
>>
>>14190570
>anyways doesn't fiat have a bigass follower base in the UK anyways? I know the Puntos have.

Not sure where you heard that, anon, but the 500 Abarth has outsold the punto massively. And the older normal Fiat Puntos are hardly ever seen anymore, I don't really remembering them ever having a following as such.
>>
>>14190558
Nah, mostly back roads and motorways. Very inclined to go with the Suzuki, just need to find one nearby. Abarth is probably a bit small compared to the rest. Might make the trip to Le Mans a bit more difficult this year.
>>
>>14190578
>Le Mans

Look out for a white BRZ blasting New Order and I'll see you there.
>>
File: 500 (8).jpg (389KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
500 (8).jpg
389KB, 1600x1067px
>>14190576
everytime I'm looking for aftermarket stuff and tipps and shit like that for my Punto, there are always brits posting or replying in every forum, that's why I thought that.
many of the "Fiat enthusiasts" group are made by brits and have a shitload of them obviousy.
>>
>>14190315
Abarth if you debadge it.
It's hilarious to see people getting rekt by it. And don't be afraid about reliability. My friend has one and done 110000km (about 70000 miles i believe) and had no serious problems with it.

Jazz SI is also pretty gud.

As an alternative you didn't mention, take fiesta ST into consideration.
>>
>>14190583
Well you've educated me on a part of british car culture I never knew existed. A lot of enthusiasts do have a thing for italian cars here, but I mainly see it manifested around Alfa Romeo.
>>
>>14190585
Fiesta ST is quite a bit out of my budget at the minute. Don't really want to spend over £7,500, and not interested in the older one.

>>14190581
Will do!
>>
>>14190315
Twingo if you can somehow bypass the obnoxious traction control systems and rip hektik skidz.
>>
Toyota blade master G

Take a Toyota auris
Put a 3.5L V6 with 280HP in it
Profit.
>>
>>14191130
The only sensible option.

Swifts are shit, the Jazz is alright, and I suppose the abarth is good based on the reviews I've read, but I have no actual experience with it.

Blade master tho. Yes.
>>
>>14190315
To be honest, compared to a class-leading hero like the Clio 197, all of those are probably going to feel like a significant step down, even if some of them are fine cars in their own right.

If I were you, I'd try to find something completely different, so you wouldn't be comparing. Not sure what, though.
>>
>>14190583
Until I came to /o/, I hadn't ever heard anyone say a good word about the Punto. Press seem to hate the things. The go-to underpowered hatchback for young, shoestring-budget enthusiasts I've known irl has generally been the Corsa (which I've never got because the things are, in my experience, about as supple and communicative as the average housebrick), with the odd Saxo or Fiesta thrown in on occasion.

Yet here the Punto is THE cheap Eurobox of choice, and nothing else gets so much as a look in. Kinda makes me want to try one just to see what the fuss is about.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.