[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/o/, I own a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS N/A LS3 with a few bolt on mods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

/o/,
I own a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS N/A LS3 with a few bolt on mods done to it and I had planned in camming it this summer.

Now, some of my friends have been trading in their sports cars for slightly more luxurious and powerfull cars and it made me think. That feeling of new cars. I started looking around and I spoted a few used N/A Mercedes C63 AMG. Now the thing i'm worrying about is maintenance cost, insurance cost and if its that much more powerfull than my camaro (cammed). I cant seem to find any spec sheets online and I'm guessing the Power to weight ratio on the C63 is kind of shit.

You guys have any input on this?

Pic semi related. My first car on the left and my camaro on the right when stock
>>
i got my ass handed to me on the touge by an old guy in a c63 amg black, only thing that let me stay sorta close to him was that we had to pass traffic every once in a while. looks like a fun car
>>
Curb weights :
Camaro SS 2010 3,750lbs
2013 Mercedes C63 Coupe 3,924Lbs

HP/TQ
2010 Camaro SS (stock) 426/420 (now approximately 500/??)

2013 Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe (stock) 451/443

Now the Power to weight ratio would be

8.80 Lbs per HP for the stock Camaro and 8.7 Lbs per HP for the C63

With the actual mods the ratio drops to aprox. 7.5 Lbs per HP for the camaro and with a good cam + push rods + valve springs + rocker etc etc my research seems consistent enough that I am capable of easily getting an extra 50 to 60 HP out of it. Which would put me at aproximately 550hp, dropping me to 6.8 Lbs per HP in the camaro.

NOW I am only speculating a lot of this. I am no engineer and no mechanic. But to me it seems like the power to weight ratio still favors the camaro right now. But i've also heard of people reaching stupid numbers by just going straight exhausts and retunes on C63's (something like 552 on a wagon C63 I saw on youtube with a simple exhaust system and tune).

Explain to me why I'm a dumb fuck and why I should still go get the C63. (I'd still want a Corvette more but the C63 is a fucking charm to drive I heard)
>>
File: FB_IMG_1444940498203.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1444940498203.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
BAMP
>>
plz sempai
>>
get the C63 for sure
>>
>>14189714
but mercedes can turn
>>
lmao nice parking

typical dudebro muscle owner

if you have to ask about maintenance cost and insurance

>you can't afford it
>>
>>14191583
>if you have to ask about maintenance cost and insurance
>>you can't afford it
No. Asking about those things are a valid concern for any car buyer, regardless of price. Unless you're so fuck off rich that you just don't care
>>
File: bromarowelds.jpg (82KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
bromarowelds.jpg
82KB, 960x540px
>>14189633
I rekt a c63 in my shitbox, I would stick with the camaro that is easier to maintain and cheaper to fix if you fuck up
>>14191577
>weighs more
>can turn

also the camaro can turn, has IRS which is also easily upgradeable
>>
>>14191583
Yeah my friends thought I had parked the chally too but thats the dealer's job. I had just parked it up front while he sent one of his guys to park it to the side of the building where they "deliver" cars. And if I'm considering a C63 I'd guess that its because I can afford it.
>>
>>14189633
These are muscle cars, not sports cars that you own.

Also I would test drive and research and make your own decision, but if you get more joy out of following trends of friends then buy whatever they do too.

Youtube is nice for lots of sources of information on stuff, including cars.

Also you're wondering about power to weight, horsepower and torque are available on every site, and a quick google:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=c63+curb+weight

There's also plenty of 0-60 sites or popular magazines like Car and Driver etc thatd have it when they test it

Anyway a Mercedes anything and a Camaro are two totally different types of cars, you're comparing power between an apple and an orange.
>>
>>14191679
Its not that I am following a trend. I just miss the feeling of "new car, new power, new feeling". I'm sure that you understand what I mean. And THEY traded in their sports car (Evo X's) for high end BMW's.

And I agree that the C63 and Camaro are different cars. Lets look at it this way then ; Fun per hour and practicality/fun ratio
>>
>>14189633
Kids drive camaro adults drive luxury muscle. That's pretty much what the AMG cars are.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.