[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should someone work under the car like this? (Brakes on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
Should someone work under the car like this? (Brakes on etc)

yes or no?
>>
Add some wheel chocks and I don't see why not.
>>
>>14188981
no issue doing this,makes it easy access. If you do fluid changes, the vehicle needs to be level to drain properly.
>>
File: 1443659315882.jpg (12KB, 500x297px) Image search: [Google]
1443659315882.jpg
12KB, 500x297px
>>14188981
Safer than using a floor jack. At the very least the sidewalk won't collapse on your head.

I suppose it could roll.......but as long as you're not parked right on the edge of the sidewalk, it'd have to roll pretty badly......in which case you're probably fucking something up or your car's about to quit life anyway.
>>
whats the point of those little ramps lol just bumper to bumper push it if it doesnt run
>>
>>14188992
>reading comprehension
>>
>>14189004
>tfw your fwd shitbox has the oil plug on the rear edge of the oil pan so it drains no matter what
>>
>>14189024
To get it up on the curb without *potentially* fucking something up. Lower profile tires (or street tires in general, actually) REALLY don't like curbs, and getting your rim un-fucked is expensive. Or this dude just cares a lot about their F-series, which I can get behind.
>>
>>14189050
eh that curb looks pretty low and the truck could easily make it. if they are advertising those things like the pic looks like it should show a higher curb and lower clearance vehicle. even in scenarios like that i just grab some random shit to use like bricks or a stack of cardboard
>>
>>14188981
Yes and some locations have drain you can pop the lid off and use as a pit.
>>
>>14192121
4/10 Will probably get someone upset
>>
>>14192149
It's a stupid idea, but it's not really that stupid of an idea.
>>
>>14192149
Nobody gives a shit, pal.
>>
>>14188981

No. You should not have that much car hanging out into the street, and you are blocking the sidewalk.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.