[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone, somewhere got up one day and said "This is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: 06-08_Chrysler_PT_Cruiser (1).jpg (158KB, 1968x1184px) Image search: [Google]
06-08_Chrysler_PT_Cruiser (1).jpg
158KB, 1968x1184px
Someone, somewhere got up one day and said "This is a great idea!"
>>
Still faster than a Miata
>>
File: 1430368837455.gif (350KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
1430368837455.gif
350KB, 500x344px
>>14185466
>>
>>14185440
Its styling looks like a subdued attempt to hearken back to the sedans of the 1930's.
>>
File: logo.jpg (102KB, 550x353px) Image search: [Google]
logo.jpg
102KB, 550x353px
>>14185440
>>14185594
I kinda like it. I don't know why everybody is so hard on it. It's definitely not conventional looking for its production time, but it's no Aztek.
>>
PT Cruiser was Motor Trend's COTY for 2001.

You'll be hard pressed to find a pic of the cover today though. They've worked pretty hard to cover up their mistake.
>>
>>14186255
I remember Chrysler saying they were working on a ground breaking economy car that would combine styling elements of the Prowler with the proven reliability of the Neon.
>>
>>14186429
Comedy gold
>>
File: vert.jpg (205KB, 1024x757px) Image search: [Google]
vert.jpg
205KB, 1024x757px
My mom almost bought this
>>
>>14185466
>Still faster than a Miata

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser GT Compare Car 0-60 mph 6.7 | Quarter mile 15.4

1994 Mazda Miata Compare Car 0-60 mph 9.6 | Quarter mile 16.8

BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>14186246
they need to fix the front end and make it a proper RWD

apart from that sure its not BAD but its certainly not as good as something like this

That never got made :(
>>
>>14185440
>Someone, somewhere got up one day and said "This is a great idea!"

Only people I know that did were a bunch of illegal Mexican women in the housekeeping business. Who may or may not have spoken English at all.
>>
>>14186483
I've even got another one for you
>be 2002
>my black 1985 Dodge 600es turbo 'vert has finally shit
>go look at a black 1995 Firebird 'vert
>Lady says she's selling it to pay the TAX on a new car she WON
>Neat let's take a look at it
>Guess what
>Her son then totals the Firebird during our negotiations
>>
File: holdenefijy.jpg (255KB, 2505x1528px) Image search: [Google]
holdenefijy.jpg
255KB, 2505x1528px
>>14186526
>>
>>14185440
MY boss drives one with the Mercedes diesel

It's decent enough, if a bit slow. I've had to jump him twice though, since the alternator is shit
>>
>>14185466
>>14186511
>Cherrypicking the slowest Miata he could find

Benchracer harder please
>>
>>14186531
Pretty sure OP meant some designer came up with the idea, not some mexicans buying some second hand cars.....you should work on your English comprehension as well
>>
i know a 23yr male who has one. i still dont know why he hasnt gotten something different.
>>
>>14186587
benchrace*
>>
>>14186601
My 28 year old buddy bought one from this shady car lot because they'd finance him. I reluctantly approved since it was a turbo and the engine reminded me of my aforementioned 600es

Then it blew up on him so bad that it filled the cabin with smoke
>>
It's funny that the TP Cruiser actually made a profit.

It certainly was no K-car, but it mos def capitalized on the "fag with shit taste in cars" demographic quite well.
>>
We had one

It was kinda cool and fun

Until we realized what a total piece of shit it is and were able to trade it just before the loan went upside down
>>
>>14185440
it was actually classified as a light van

>Chrysler specifically designed the PT Cruiser to fit the NHTSA criteria for a light van in order to bring the average fuel efficiency of the company's van fleet into compliance with CAFE standards

i believe the same is true for it's spiritual successor the HHR
>>
>>14186695
>spiritual successor the HHR

HHR was sold concurrently though, it's more of a ripoff than a spiritual successor
>>
What is it about this car that attracts middle aged mothers
>>
>>14186773
same guy designed both. he also corrected many issues the PT had but the HHR of course has it's own issues
>>
you can't drive 5 miles in salt lake without seeing one. Don't know what it is about that mormon town, but they love that ugly as sin vehicle.
>>
You know what pissed me off the most about PT Cruisers?
Fuckers slugging me in the arm and calling 'punch buggy no punch back' while pointing at a Cruiser instead of an actual Beetle.
>>
>>14186993
Don't sweat the small stuff
>>
>>14185440
years later, buy here-pay here lots the country over are still thanking Chrysler for it
>>
>>14186985
they are ugly yes but they also have lots of room which is really the only reason to own one
>>
It wouldnt be a bad car if they had out a bigger engine in it. Its basically a neon with 1.5 times the body weight and a high center of gravity. Its comfy but you aren't going anywhere fast. So perfect grandma car. Which is who owns most of them now. Im sad that their design choicrs basically killed the retro revival that was happening around that time.
>>
>>14185440
It's a well built, practical car of which Chrysler sold 1.2 million.

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me.
>>
To be fair my cousin has one and while it's definitely not a driver's car it's pretty damn spacious and comfy.
>>
>>14188142
>>14187107
>Comfy

So much room. It was never built to zoom zoom.
>>
File: pt_cruiser_2009_int_large.jpg (121KB, 900x633px) Image search: [Google]
pt_cruiser_2009_int_large.jpg
121KB, 900x633px
>>14187149
>>14188165

> Comfy

How could this abortion be considered at all comfy?

> Pic related
>>
>>14188842
They weren't/aren't. Even reviews from when they first came out listed awkward and uncomfortable seats as a huge con.
>>
>>14188869

It's probably why the PT Cruiser hype lasted for less than 2 years.

I bet the trade-in values for them are absolute shit.
>>
>>14186246
I don't hate it, I guess. The facelift looks better than the first gen and they're surprisingly roomy inside.

Slow as fucking balls, though, and any work under the hood is retarded (the battery is in the fender. WHY)
>>
>>14188897
They are absolute shit. It's why the PT Cruiser is a huge favorite among buy-here, pay-here lots. You can go to dealer auctions and pick them up for nothing, literally 300-600 dollars, and then they 'sell' them for 7-8K or more
>>
File: 1443244770751.jpg (37KB, 503x485px) Image search: [Google]
1443244770751.jpg
37KB, 503x485px
A lot of girls seem to like it. Apparently it's cute.

It's just another econobox to me. I don't own it, I don't hate it. At the very least it looks somewhat different from the standard econobox on the road these days.
>>
>>14185440
Most aesthetically displeasing car design of all time. Worse than the Aztek or the multipla. I dont know much about how the car is overall since ive never owned one but holy fuck i do know it is UGly.
>>
>>14189375
we're not talking about your mum, m8. calm your tits
>>
>>14188924
No you cannot.

PT Cruisers are cheap as fuck all around. Theyre roughly $1k-$5k direct from private buyers.
>>
>Coworker that drives some shitty van comes in and says he bought a new car
>Really excited and wants to show me
>Go outside and see a fucking PT Cruiser
>Face palm so hard I have to get 800mg Ibuprofen

>Three weeks later
>Transmission goes out
>He pays to replace it

>Two weeks after that
>Problem with the radiator
>He says he has to take out the dash and go from there taking everything out to get at the radiator
>I knew he was a fucking idiot but not that dumb
>Does it himself, shows me a pic of his entire driveway covered in parts

>Two weeks after that
>Backs it into a closed gate at the Ford dealership while turning around
>Gets it fixed because he likes the car

>Three weeks after that, had the car had the car about three months now
>Raining one night, he's driving on not paying attention
>Rear ends a Jeep Grand Cherokee at a stoplight doing 55 mph
>PT Cruiser goes up under the Jeep
>Totaled

He probably payed above blue book on the car, then spent more than that fixing it. And get this, he bought the car because he was tired of driving the van while his sister borrowed his... wait for it... VW Beetle. Which he now drives, has been in two accidents so far in that.
>>
>>14191657
>These people share the road with us.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.