[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are /o/'s thoughts on MINI Past or present. I hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (60KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 600x400px
What are /o/'s thoughts on MINI
Past or present.

I hate to say it but I really like the coupe even though it's FWD. Especially the JCW version
>>
File: image.jpg (390KB, 821x882px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
390KB, 821x882px
>>11403066

Gaaay.

They're also unreliable and drive like a Playstation.
>>
>>11403066
great handling, fun to drive, fun to look at, but good lord are they unreliable.
>>
File: 1414509265043.gif (820KB, 420x544px) Image search: [Google]
1414509265043.gif
820KB, 420x544px
How do you make a British car worse?

Let the Germans build it.
>>
>>11403087
with a French engine
>>
File: lotus-chan.jpg (752KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
lotus-chan.jpg
752KB, 1920x1200px
>>11403087
>british cars are bad

pls no bully
>>
Been there, done that with a second gen BMW Cooper S.
What I liked
>fun to drive
>good handling
>easy to park
>zippy acceleration
>decent gas mileage
>panoramic sunroof was great
>rear seats were surprisingly capable of carrying passengers with moderate comfort

What I didn't like
>unreliable
>parts and service were expensive cuz LOL BMW
>meh engine/exhaust note
>I liked the interior when the car was new to me, but as the years went by, I came to see it as cheap and tacky
>unreliable
>run-flat tires are expensive as shit to replace
>no temperature gauge cuz LOL BMW it's not like the car will ever overheat LOL!!!!
>seriously, it's fucking unreliable
>>
File: titsarelife.jpg (386KB, 821x882px) Image search: [Google]
titsarelife.jpg
386KB, 821x882px
>>11403071
fix'd
>>
File: image.jpg (700KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
700KB, 2048x1536px
I sat in a few minis while I was in London and goddamn are they comfy.
Especially the coupe
There's a time and a place for a two seater FWD and the answer is always MINI
>>
>>11403122
my dad had one too, pretty much the same experience. Replaced the run flats with michelins on the first tire change though, much improved road noise/handling/cost. Never had an issue rolling without a spare.

Got rid of it after the water pump, thermostat, and clutch all failed within a few months and it started burning oil like crazy. Was a fun little car, would have loved to have it except for the reliability issues.
>>
>>11403321
Shit sucks. Mine had issues with the infamous timing chain rattle, a blown head gasket, turbo would overheat, and it was also burning oil like crazy. It hadn't even reached 90k miles by that point. I just had to get rid of it.
>>
File: IMG_1131.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1131.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>11403066

used to own one, used to love one

I got rid of it though for a GT86, but I still sort of like it. better alternative than a golf, golf derivative or a french thing for sure. maybe with the exception of the citroen DS3, that car is fine.

interior was cheesy, seating position and seat was no good at all

its very good for zipping around the city in, very good. but far as spirited driving goes, you'll need the cooper S and then some.

bottomline, too fucking big, get rid of the peugot tier seats, and its natural habitat is the city

also 2007> up, the models are p reliable, can't speak for the 2013> BMW models, but I don't hear any bad things about them yet.
>>
Unreliable and for girls
>>
Cool-looking junk.

Have a 2011 S on the lot with only 25K on the odo. Very clean and one owner that kept it clean. Techs looked it over with a fine-toothed comb.

> Take test drive with mechanic bro who's GF wants it because its so cute.
> 1/2way through the test drive check engine light came on.
> Turns out some sensor went tits up.

Gets out of service

>Salesbro is taking it out for a test drive since Z71 Silverado driver doesn't want muh gas guzzler.
> During test drive, A/C goes out on 94 degree day. Heat won't even kick on.
> Techs can't fix it, have to carry it 40 miles one-way to BWM dealership to get new thermostat
> Customer still wanted to buy since its "just a thermostat sir, and we will also make it worth your while"
> Takes 2 weeks for it to come in.

Needless to say its going to auction. Got another nice 2010 in trade, and straight to auction. Only women really look at it, but pass since its a manual transmission.
>>
File: FEED ME.png (28KB, 549x156px) Image search: [Google]
FEED ME.png
28KB, 549x156px
Give me everything there is to know about post BMW acquisition Mini.
My classmate says he'll buy one and drive it into the dirt. I'm worried about the whole BMW thing that the dirt will come up about very soon. Poor guy doesn't even into cars.
>>
>>11403071
>Dat pic

It's sort of true though.
>>
Really nice cars to drive, probably among the best for FWD. Spacious interiors for what they are, comfortable, good viewing angles all around, and you feel confident while driving it.

The downside is that you do not want to fucking keep one after the warranty and included BMW service perks run out. Friend of mine has always liked his, but gets rid of them before time runs out, every time. One of the Mini Cooper S cars he got developed a horribly rattle in the panoramic roof like 10,000 miles after it rolled off the lot, he made them replace the whole damn thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 1024x683px
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.