[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flint Mi Water Lead caused by Snyder and Emergency Financial Manager

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: FlintWater.png (942KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
FlintWater.png
942KB, 960x640px
Well I didn't see a thread about this so I'm starting one

This is the kind of shit that you'd think only happens in 3rd world countries (or Kentucky).

I knew michigan was getting bad but I never thought they'd sink so low

http://michiganradio.org/post/whos-blame-flints-water-crisis-virginia-tech-researcher-points-finger-mdeq
>>
>tfw I don't live in a super poor part of Michigan.
It's actually pretty nice here
>>
>>9996
well I guess as long as you make the right choice to be born in the right area everything's fine
>>
>>9996
Grosse Pointe master race! We pulled a trump and made a wall to keep Detroit out.
>>
>>9996
>>10079
Fuck yeah Grosse Pointe! Parkfag here, the niggest of the Pointes :(

Feels good to be white
>>
>>10079
>>10130
Not from grosse pointe, but yeah the not detroit / near detroit parts of michigan are great.

The only unattractive thing I have to see are a shitton of factories in Canada, and even they have a sort of aesthetic to them that I enjoy.
>>
>>9957
Flint basically is 3rd world OP
>>
>>9957
Reports on this issue make it seem like state and local officials tried a "It's not so bad, you guys" method of damage control when the lead problem started going public, in order to save face for their shittastic failure of an attempt at cost-cutting. It was almost like Slavsquat levels of ignoring problems while leaving their citizens to fend for themselves.

MDEQ certainly fucked up on oversight, but the contamination had to have been instigated by dumping at some point, and I haven't seen any suggestion as to who might be accountable for that.
>>
>>10154
dumping? dumping what? everyone knew that to use the flint river water source that they needed to add phosphates to the water to keep lead from leaking into the drinking water supply

you grand rapids fuckers, I ask you, what if your water had lead in it? the water that your school children drink? what then? no longer affects you? think again
>>
>>9996
This is what we mean by economic divide.

Thinking Michigan is just fine because these things aren't happening in your neighborhood is like looking out the window at a forest fire coming right at you and turning up the air conditioning. You will be affected by Lansing's extreme conservatism, it's only a matter of time. Michigan is burning.
>>
>>10153
America is doing as well the very worst are. Always has. Always will. Flint is a national concern. If can happen there it can literally happen anywhere in the United States
>>
>>9957
>tfw I go to school in flint

I heard about that at least twice a day, every day, all term.

It really is a complete shithole, but besides Flint and Detroit the rest of MI is pretty nice.
>>
Michigan is my home state so this of interest to me.

Obviously the solution is to move away from Flint and southeastern Michigan in general. There are so many beautiful parts of the state to choose from that not only have a good water supply, but have a much higher quality of life in general. If the city is what you're after, Lansing, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids to name a few.
>>
>>10775
the solution is to give snyder the choice of paying to support all the people he poisoned with lead, or make him drink the water he said himself was safe
>>
for those uninformed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V21PdoZEyzE
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.