[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

North Korea Sentences Canadian Pastor to Life Sentence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: Hyeon-Soo-Lim_3217604b.jpg (122KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
Hyeon-Soo-Lim_3217604b.jpg
122KB, 620x387px
North Korea has officially sentenced the Canadian pastor Heyon soo lim to a life sentence with hard labour.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/12052845/North-Korea-sentences-Canadian-pastor-to-hard-labour-for-life.html
>>
Well that's a shame, but any Westerner who willingly travels to North Korea is an idiot.
>>
>>9288
> The foreigns have life sentences WITH hard labor
What am I doing here in the polite 1st World though?!?
>>
Stupid... he sounds like a good guy ;_; what was he thinking
People aren't gonna say "Omg, jesus is so great, let's overthrow the government risking our lives!"
>>
He "confessed".
We all know what that means.
Let's see Trudeau actually do something now, instead of just posing for photos of his hair.
>>
this guy is actually a really influential korean pastor in the Toronto area. His church is the biggest in Canada.
>>
>>9288
>At a video-taped news conference Mr Lim confessed to plotting to create a "religious state".
>According to a state news agency, he admitted to conspiring with the US and South Korea to overthrow Mr Kim "with the love of God".

Sounds like typical North Korean bullshit. No different than American media who twist shit however the dollars tell them to $ensationalize for more.
>>
>>9533
It's evil, but how is it bullshit? North Koreans are taught to revere their leader as literally divine and the state supreme. The proliferation of religion is definitely a threat to that.
>>
>>9288
Can we just nuke that fucking steaming pile of shit already? God fucking damn.
>>
>>9288

Good. The last thing North Koreans need is religion, haven't they suffered enough?
>>
>>9288
Pastor.

LOL.

You mean spy.
>>
Seems to me he willingly and knowingly broke the law in a country that's known to pass out draconian sentences for barely any reason.

He got what he asked for.
>>
>>9293

If you just go with a tour, and listen to your tourguides, you can travel to DPRK perfectly fine.

If you try to break the law, overthrow the government, or do stupid shit you're told not to do, yes you get in trouble.
>>
Going to North Korea and not expecting this
>Canadian logic, kittens
>>
>>9511
Justin Trudeau is going to respect the North Korean's cultural tradition of life imprisonment with hard labor.
>>
>>9623
>>9416
How is he going to be able to do anything?
>>
>>9288
thank god Canadians are stupid liberals turds who thinks they can change this world into a better place. He certainly deserve it. North Korea is truly based
>>
Why does anyone go to north korea?
>>
>>9638
To sell black market stuff to the secretive citizens who hate their leader
>>
>>9614
>if you turn left when told to go straight your "guides" point you with a gun
>keep dismissing their orders, you get fucking deported.
>If you bow to Kim il sung's statue you're part of the propaganda

You can't step in NK and stay perfectly fine, m8
>>
>>9638

To get a sheltered yet first hand experience of a propaganda tour in one of the weirdest and the most isolated country in the world.

>>9650

Then come how literally hundreds of tourists do so every year?

http://www.koryogroup.com/

I'd post some pics but that's not allowed. /trv/ regularly has threads from people who've been or are going to north Korea.
>>
>>9623
lmao
>>
>>9293
>>9610
>>9616
*tips fedora* I love this contrarian edgy persona so many of you adopt, playing at some world weary jadedness you haven't earned.
>le what did u expect xDDD
this attitude is the stuff of bumper stickers and bathroom walls and just outright fucking open-mouthed morons everywhere. of course the man knew what might happen. he put himself at extreme personal risk for his beliefs, to try and overthrow a fascist state.
>>
>>9675
i appreciate this sentiment
>>
>>9675

> contrarian
>edgy
>world weary
>jadedness
>meme arrowed reddit memes

You throw around a lot of buzzwords but you present nothing that doesn't constitute an entirely baseless ad hominem. If I put your post on a bumper sticker, does that invalide it?

This man did the equivalent of trying to walk into an army base while holding a gun. Does it mean you deserve to die? no. Does it mean you are going to get shot and should have known that you will? chad ubetcha!
>>
>>9675
It was brave of him but a poorly planned idea. Now he is
A.) In prison for life
B.) Given tough labour
C.) Hasn't changed a thing
I agree that it was brave of him but wasn't very well thought out. He should've just raised money and helped to protest/ support new foreign aid or immigration laws.
>>
>>9675
>open-mouthed morons

God look in the mirror, anon.
>>
>>9614
I don't get why people even go to North Korea. You're paying $1,000 for a tour that's nothing more than a complete sham.
>>
>>9703

> a complete sham.

But its the only legit 'complete sham' in the world!

Also I imagine witnessing one of the mass games live is quite amazing.
>>
>>9629
Diplomatic pressure? Money? Goats?
>>
>>9764
Seriously though he can't do anything.
There are already foreigners in DPKR's prisons. Trudeau unfortunately can't do anything about it.
>>
>>9293
I bet. Soldiers are also fucking pussies. Why am I supposed to have sympathy for a soldier who died for his country? He fucking knew what he was getting into, going to war. Fucking faggots.

>you
>>
>>9863

Can you really not see how immensely retarded you sound?
>>
>>9556
ANd kill millions of innocent civilians, we would be much worse than them if we did that.
>>
How many people are even aware that North Korean sends Christian families to actual gas chambers? Not many, I would wager.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/feb/01/northkorea

It would be wonderful if Christians were Christ-like enough to actually be as dangerous as the North Korean government is claiming. I would love to see a real, honest-to-God Christian revolution of some kind. Anyone know of any priests or preachers who advocate anything along those lines?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.