[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saudi Arabia forms Islamic alliance against terrorism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: Saudi-Defense-Minister.jpg (22KB, 480x267px) Image search: [Google]
Saudi-Defense-Minister.jpg
22KB, 480x267px
"RIYADH: Saudi Arabia announced yesterday the formation of a military coalition of 34 countries to fight “terrorism” in the Islamic world, in the latest sign of a more assertive foreign policy by the kingdom. The regional Sunni power said the alliance would share intelligence, combat violent ideology and deploy troops if necessary. “Nothing is off the table. A number of countries are in desperate need of assistance,” Foreign Minister Adel Al-Jubeir said. “Terrorism has hit Islamic countries. It is time that the Islamic world takes a stand,” he told reporters in Paris..."

The rest of the article

http://news.kuwaittimes.net/website/11387-2/

Looks like the Islamic world is finally standing up. I've always said it should be Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia who need to do something about the rise of extremists. Western countries bombing only leads to future recruits against us friends and families get killed by proximity. Seeing their fellow Muslims fighting against extremism way help Daesh lose some momentum.
>>
Yes, and their first target is Mecca

>basically all these countries need to look into the abyss, because it's already looking back
>>
>>9120
Inb4 they all back stab each other when oil prices collapse.
>>
Uh, isn't Saudi Arabia founded on an extremist interpretation of Islam? Don't they behead people for apostasy and "sorcery"?
>>
>>9133
Ya but they have lots of money so they are our friends
>>
Saudis and Qatar are actually worse than isis
>>
>>9120

>standing up

Saudis are the ones backing Terrorism.
This is like a drunk saying he's going to stop drinking half-way through a pint.

They haven't even disclosed any plans and haven't taken ANY refugees.
This whole thing is a typical Muslim con.
>>
>>9143
They just announced it today. Let's give them some time before placing judgement
>>
>>9133
I guess they're talking about mountain-hiding underground terroristic despots... It's so different when you have oil and are recognized by the UN.
>>
>>9120
This sounds like a pretext to invade Syria. If this happens a modern, regional 30 Years War is inevitable. I see Iran responding, Pakistan responding to that, Russia seems to have a death wish so they'll ramp up involvement, and meanwhile ISIS will have all the conditions it needs to thrive.
>>
Do saudis have nukes? Maybe they can do what we're too pussy to do
>>
>>9167
I dont think they have any known nuclear program.
>>
>>9167
>>9184
They don't have nukes, but Pakistan is their butt buddy and does anything for money. If the Saudis wanted something bombed it would get bombed. The only problem is that the thing they would want bombed is allied to Russia.

In any case their "counter-terror" objective is better accomplished by lending legitimacy to non-ISIS/Nusra Sunni in Syria and making sure Iraq does right by the tribes and army.
>>
Nobody is going to bombard anyone with nukes, especially against isis
>>
>>9199
It's nice that we're scared of a vigilante government...
>>
>>9200
I think at this point they are as legitimate as any other government out that way. They all rule with military power and religious beliefs. Daesh is no different and like any country we simply can't nuke them because there are alot of innocents who just happen to be stuck in their territory. It bad enough we drop bombs and kill so many innocents. This conflict needs boots on the ground at this point. Daesh needs to be invaded and forcefully removed like any other corrupt government. Maybe the Islamic alliance will do this finally. I'm guessing they are all talk like every other world power but you never know.
>>
Good, other countries shouldn't have to go in there and clean up all that shit.
>>
>>9224
Nuking would be quicker and cheaper and less solders would be wasted in such a conflict, there is nothing there worth saving might as well get rid of the cancer before it spreads more.
>>
Read somewhere that the members of this alliance doesn't even know what to expect of them - and already have doubts regarding it.
>>
>>9501
get it through your skill, NEET: nuclear weapons have an extremely considerable negative connotation. Yes it would kill a few terrorists, but it won't stop them, and it will only create bigger problems in the immediate aftermath.

Have a shred of fucking foresight.
>>
>>9501
Who the fuck are you to say what the life of another human being is worth? Noone, you are Noone. Not worth a fucking thing more than anyone out there. So shut your damn mouth nobody.
>>
>>9120
Looks like this idea is falling apart already. Apparently some of the countries in this "alliance" weren't told they were part of it

https://news.vice.com/article/saudi-arabias-new-anti-terror-coalition-is-already-starting-to-fall-apart?utm_source=vicenewsfb
>>
>>9143
WHY aren't they taking refugees? Bad economy? Xenophobia? Worries about terrorists? Do they actually want to keep refugees near Syria to destabilize the region?
>>
>>9120
>a country that prides itself on religious police resisting female education and abolishing slavery
>a country that currently oppresses anything that isn't Wahhabi islam
>suddenly decides that other people are terrorists
okay
>>
>>9520
>Terrorism: The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

ISIS wants to overthrow the monarchy of Saudi Arabia. It's perfectly legitimate for Saudi Arabia to label them terrorists.
>>
>>9520
>be a country that bombs others killing 100's of civilians and destroying infrastructure
>this including several schools, killing women and children
>is America
>gets to decide others are terrorists

Okay
>>
Like the female candidates in the election last week, this is window dressing. Saudi Arabia will not work to impede their own ideology. They won't kill their own.
>>
>>9120

Sunny states form coalition to fight Shia states.

what else is new ?
>>
>>9120

Thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0aXAm0jqd0
>>
>>9131
The oil prices have already collapsed. If you look at trends in oil prices, it's been dropping. And the consensus is that middle east oil suppliers are deliberately selling at too low a price, so they undermine profits of oil wells held by terrorist sympathizers.
>>
>>9120
>Not including Iran, Syria
>Sunni based cooperation
its not an alliance against terrorism, they are literally using this alliance to mask their agenda of funding ISIS terrorists
>>
>>9514
Google is your friend.

>>9634
Kek
>>
>>9637
So, just because they have a different religion they can't take refugees? How intolerant.
>>
>>9640
I dunno man.
They sound very American to me. :)
>>
this is an alliance against shiites.
>>
>>9120
>I've always said it should be Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia who need to do something about the rise of extremists.

Saudi Arabia is one of the primary reasons we have extremists running all over the place to begin with. They're the ones who have been funding the worldwide spread of ultraconservative Wahhabi bullshit and doing it quite successfully since their vast oil wealth gives them tremendous reach. Just look at the country, religions other than Islam are illegal and people are punished according to shariah. Whippings, amputation, stoning, and beheading are all routinely used to punish anyone who steps out of line. They're every bit as backward and savage as Al Qaeda or ISIS, the only reason they're interested in fighting them is because they want a monopoly on violence.
>>
>>9143
>>9158
no, see, Saudi Arabia is half the cause of ISIS. This is just a front to pretend that they don't like what ISIS is doing to competing Shia countries

fuck saudi arabia
>>
>>9133
ISIS are so extreme that even Al Qaeda rejected them.
>>
This is like fighting against yourself. But I guess ISIS is so bad it shows the world the truth behind rotten Sunni community. How surprising Saudis also want to team up with Erdogan.
>>
To sum up, one of the reasons that there has not been a consistent, deep focus on Islamic State is because the Obama administration and its allies have a different order of priorities at which to target resources. Obama came into office declaring that he would pull U.S. troops out of the region and his principle foreign policy initiative in the region has been a nuclear deal with Iran. The Saudis and other Gulf states have been fixated on neighboring Yemen and they are not unhappy to see Sunnis—even if it is Islamic State—slaughtering Shiites and Alawites in Syria and Iraq. North African countries have not felt stable since the second Arab Spring launched in 2011 and the Libyan debacle continues to roil the region.

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/allies-priorities-mis-aligned-in-middle-east/
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.