[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girls basketball team gets booted from league for being too good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 0

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/24/girls-basketball-team-gets-booted-from-league-for-being-too-good.html

>The Rogers Area Youth Basketball Association girls high school team was forced to the sidelines by the Northwest Suburban Basketball League -- and it’s all because the team is 3-0, Fox 9 reported Saturday.
>RAYBA sent parents a letter that said the main reason for the league's decision was because other teams in the league “do not want to play RAYBA due to the skill level.”
>The league ejected RAYBA just ahead of a showcase tournament this weekend, according to Fox 9.
>“Are we supposed to play worse just to make them happy?” team member Tessa McCarthy told the station.
>>
According to the comments section they were supposed to break up their best players to make the league more competitive according to league rules, and they didn't want to.
>>
Well now they know how it is to be a white male
>>
>>19136
Reminds me of video games.

If RAYBA didn't boot the team that didn't split, they risk losing the whole community. The team could have played at a lower level but judging from the responses, I don't think that playing basketball competitively was their goal. They just wanted to stomp others and now bitch because they are denied that.
>>
>>19149

>[chortles heartily]
>>
>>19149
>[Smirked begrudgingly]
>>
>>19141

Is that normal? I don't know much about sports.
>>
>>19174
In leagues run by moms yes
In competitive leagues no
>>
>>19156
then why even keep score, every team should get first place
>>
>>19196
>Why ban cheaters in video games? Every body should be able to ignore the rules, have the highest score and just be a winner.
The point of the game is then thrown out the window.

Why not let an NBA team play in the league? Make them go full throttle and then throw everyone else into the mix.
Why even keep score, the NBA team will get first place anyway.

The teams are separated based on skill level to encourage the community to play, this isn't a Professional league.
>>
It stands to reason that not every player in the league is there for the same reasons. In my opinion the fact that they dominate everyone is a good thing. The number 1 ad for pushing children to play sports such as these is to give them a foundation for life lessons. Now that being an ad is subject to propaganda. But are there not adults who easily wipe the floor with you and me in any given area? Some people are just extremely better than others in whatever accolade. Does this mean we should persecute them? No we accept the fact and move on. We use them as inspiration. We add them to our network of colleagues. I could go on for hours.

Now specifically to sports. There is ALWAYS a team that beats everyone. Someone has to be the best. I don't doubt that they are maybe breaking some rules from the league but why don't we question these rules instead of the rule breakers? In your profession of work would you honestly rather have an inferior player on your team so that the other competitors in your field stand a more fair chance?

You soccer moms or whatever stereotype you are labeled as can keep your "they're just kids lets baby them and make everything fair approach " if it makes you sleep better at night. But i ask you one thing. Does this mentality produce your ideal offspring.

The fact of the matter is we are NOT all equal in every aspect of life and basketball is no exception. If you want to win basketball games put in more work than the other teams. Sure,
that asks a lot of children to invest into a superficial game. Sure, genetically some will just be better suited than others and we don't have a way around that as of yet. Let the other teams lose.

If it makes them all quit, GOOD. Odds are that many other activities will benefit their self esteem and character and interests and all the other myriad of traits better than fucking basketball anyways. Odds are you are just projecting yourself onto these kids instead of letting them find themselves.
>>
>>19136
What a load of shit.
The good players shouldnt be punished for being the best.

It just completely shits on the idea of competition.

Women sports already has quite the stigma. Shit like this only makes it worse.
>>
>>19174
There are leagues that are run this way, yes.
>>
>>19199
It's been quite a while since I took the course, but I remember there was a term for a certain mentality. One where factory workers would intentionally work well below their capabilities in order to keep the quotas low. And they would straight up band against anyone who did too good.
We're forcing low quotas on everything from education (No Child Left Behind could also translate to No Child Gets Ahead) to sports, and we're punishing and pushing back kids who do well.
You may as well just remove sports and replace it with general exercise if you don't want any hurt feelings. Of course you'll have to force feed the fit kids donuts to make sure the fat kids don't feel bad either.
>>
Why not just promote them to a stronger league?
>>
>>19174
All the sports team in Australia have whats called a salary cap; each team has a player budget that they can't break. It just means the richest team can't win on money alone
>>
>>19149
You wish you whiny baby.
>>
Dude, imagine an overly tall, muscular girl with size 13 feet... and most probably African-American heritage. These young women are virtually invisible to men and future employers. Basketball is the only way to redeem themselves in the eyes of the society.

ENTER WHITE SOCCER MOMS. "You're ruining basketball for everyone in the league. You're too tall, too muscular, too black. You would be playing men's basketball were it up to me"
>>
>>19207
If they want to play competitively and try to be the best then they should join a competitive league or league above themselves. If the other teams wanted to play competitively then there would be no problem.
>You may as well just remove sports and replace it with general exercise if you don't want any hurt feelings.
>You may as well not play a video game and just move the mouse about the screen clicking if you don't want any hurt feelings.

No child left behind was a failure because they set unreasonable standards for retards while limiting the capacity that teachers had to help motivate the students that did want to excel. Teaching someone who does not want to be taught has some rather pronounced diminishing returns and it takes time that can be put elsewhere. They had a Universal quota that applied to everyone, much like the factory workers you mentioned and much like the idea of having only one competitive league and not separating the teams based on skill.

The goal of the team is quite clear, they just wanted to win and had no intention to get better or they would of joined a harder league. They are holding themselves back from getting better at the sport.
>>
>>19136
America now thinks that doing better than someone is wrong. I hate what this world is becoming
>>
>>19233
Poor quality bait.
>>
>>19261
>"I disagree and I think some other people might disagree, so >>19261 must be a troll!"

more like he got rejected by a black female basketballerina and now he's projecting
>>
>>19233
>this is totally a race issue guise
>hay guise white soccer moms say basketball players r 2 blak!!
>social media hates her!
no.
race bait somewhere else.
>>
team sports are a waste of time anyways,games are games nuff said. Your time is better spent working out, personal fitness
>>
On one hand this is bullshit because one should always strive to be the best, but on the other hand it means the team can go to a league of higher standard.
>>
>>19234
What other leagues do they have?
>>
>>19174
No, because that stupid.
>>
No surprise to me. Women don't comprehend physical competition. Makes me wonder why they decided to play at all, if not to satisfy muh sex equality.

Amusing though that it only took 3 games to reach this point.
>>
Women lack a natural competitive nature, this isn't surprising.
>>
Holy fuck it's like a/sp/ies and r9gay autists joined force and became one itt.
>>
>>19427
Their Highschool?
RAYBA is community driven for K through 12.
>>
Update to http://www.fox9.com/news/81494596-story the original sauce seems to be having the league backpedaling like crazy.
>>
>>19136
Are you actually linking fox news?
Do you suck your own dick also? Because I do (I wish).
>>
>>19136
Kuroko no Baske.jpeg
>>
>>19199
They're team is clearly the best and the players fit prolly like bla bla under 18's girls if you've ever played a sport as a kid you'll know it
They should be allowed play and dominate because that's what they worked for.
>>
>>19136
Last thread on the board, I bid you farewell!
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.