[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Race

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1

File: whiteness.jpg (62KB, 732x309px) Image search: [Google]
whiteness.jpg
62KB, 732x309px
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/oregon-s-portland-community-college-mark-whiteness-history-month-n500981
>>
>>18392
I saw this on the news

More anti-white racist shit.
>>
>>18392
>Whiteness History Month
>Portland
Nice, I was waiting for the sixth season
>>
>>18392
Literally all this stupidity will be frowned upon on about a decade as we look back and cringe on our past, like we always do.
>>
>>18438
Holy autism.
Not jacking off white people for five seconds ≠ being anti-white
>>
>>18477
It's also a community college.
Toppest of keks.
>>
>>18479
Also people are analyzing themselves as white people.
I see no wrong if people will be self analytical.
>>
It's an interesting convergence. The social justice people are sounding more and more like the klan.

>>18492
>I see no wrong if people will be self analytical
We'll have to see about the quality of the analysis. But this is starting to sound more like a communist struggle session than introspection.

Looking more closely at the activities, it's pretty clear that pushing a political POV is the top priority. Not internal self awareness.
>>
>>18494
Actually the Klan hates every no white person in existence, in which you hear people often spit out their rhetoric without even noticing that it's from he Klan itself. The KKK also pushes so many political POVs.

Willful ignorance IS no internal self awareness.
>>
>>18392
don't see what is the big deal here. whites are still the majority in usa, why would they not be allowed to celebrate their heritage?
>>
>>18531
Did you read the article?
>>
"White Guilt Indoctrination Month"
>>
>>18528
>Thinking the KKK is still a thing.
>>
>>18477
This is not "Not jacking off white people", it is "blame everything on the man", an attitude more harmful to the ensnared ideologues than white folks.

People will actually get a Bernie Sanders funded sociology degree and make their rhetoric a part of their personality because of this, it is going to be very difficult for them to network. The intelligent minority can see right through it and will never take it seriously, they will just hire a sassy HR lady, put up "we love diversity" on the company website and that will be that. As time goes on, hispanics pour in, Chinese businessmen get richer and the memes start to get old, people are just going to stop giving a shit. It'll happen, I don't want to see it, but it will.

Seeing the black man sink so low just saddens me is all. He could be a tall muscular businessman in a suit setting up a new branch in the Philippines or something, instead he will become a flabby decadent slob in a chastity cage apologizing for his existence with the rest of us.
>>
>>18574
It is in Berkeley.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-berkeley-high-racist-threat-20151106-story.html
>>
>>18477
Did you even fucking read it?
>What are approaches and strategies to dismantling whiteness?

Now tell me how the fuck is that not anti-white? If there was a month on how to dismantle blackness? You think people would call that racist? You better fucking believe it.
>>
welcome to /news/ where people will read through an entire article and still miss the point in favor of crying victim

"im oppressed dis is anti-wite boo hoo hoo"
>>
>>18588
finally someone who makes sense
>>
an aside: the Flint tragedy is being peddled as a case of demeaning Blacks, while 43 percent of Flint is non Black. Do White lives matter? Do Black lies matter? Google Jackie Robinson little league
>>
>>18588
The point is that there is no reason for a white person to hate themselves or feel bad that they're white.

Blacks are given all the chances in the world to succeed here and often times have it easier than whites because of all the white guilt. Affirmative action is the real institutional racism.

A black person automatically thinks you're racist, that in its self is racism. The burden is on the white man to prove he is enlightened enough to realize the past indiscretions of his race. OK, fine, whites were dicks to blacks. So was everyone else.
>>
>>18471
So it goes
>>
>>18457
what will fred and carrie have to say?
>>
>>18636
t. racist

At least try to blend in easier.
>>
>An entire month to promote black people
>Followed by an entire month to put down white people

Do they really not understand why hate is brewing more? Do they seriously expect people to cuck the fuck over and just accept this treatment, and their place as some sort of inferior human? I get that blacks are trying to escape that inferiority complex, but they're sure as shit not going to reach it by putting white people below them. Equality or violence, that's all we should be willing to accept.
>>
Sooo, when is the american university system going to collapse?
Because it looks like its not creating anything of worth.
>>
Oregon, again...
>>
>>18492
I am completely aware that it sounds like shit saying it, but my whole problem is not trusting in the quality of the analysis.

I knew one thday it would come, and I tried to brace for it, be understanding and thinking "hey why not, there's black history month". But no. it's not "White history month", it's "Whiteness history month". It's literally a course study about how whites oppress the rest.

The day my children grow up I will teach them how white people opressed the other races, but on my terms. No "whites were responsible for slavery", no "whites do it on purpose", because the reasons why nations go out of their way to create ideologies that justify genocide are not about just being a dick.

"Don't kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd genocide you and everyone you care about!"
>>
>>18392
I don't even hate black people, or any other races, but this is dumb and blatantly racist.
>>
I'm tired of this stupid shit...

I'm not going to feel guilty for something I had no control over.
>>
>his skin is the same color of cum
>>
>>18790
>his skin is the literal color of mayonnaise
>>
White history month, yea, sounds like a good idea. The same way German history month would sound to Germans.
>>
>>18782
Who's asking you to feel guilty?

Whiteness isn't an inherent part of who you are. There are all kinds of studies that show differences between white and black people in society, but no study has ever shown much in the way of meaningful differences between people who have 35% African ancestry versus 75%, outside of a small number of disease incidences.
There's nothing written in stone that says you ought to mentally associate yourself with a Finn living in Helsinki but distinguish yourself from a black guy from your city. And there's no practical reason to do so unless you're interested in rehashing Jim Crow.
>>
>>18870
A better way to put it:
Race has a genetic basis the same way that astrology has a scientific basis. It is in indisputable, provable fact that when I was born, the plane of the ecliptic passed through the constellation Aries.
It is also an empirical fact that I have white skin. Someone might choose to treat me differently because I have white skin, just as they might choose not to go out with me because our star signs are incompatible.
When we speak of whiteness, we're speaking of the concept that people with white skin feel kinship to other people with white skin, regardless of any actual shared family history or culture. Whiteness is the idea that there is a white culture that can be distinguished from black culture, and that it is a useful distinction to have. This is a commonly held belief that has about as much real scholarship and research to support it as astrology does.
So unless one would object to a college course that attempts to debunk astrology, I don't know why one would object to a course attempting debunking whiteness.
>>
>>18874
>Race has a genetic basis the same way that astrology has a scientific basis.
Give me one good source
>>
>>18876
Right here: http://time.com/91081/what-science-says-about-race-and-genetics/

If you're talking about astrology, I just told you.
http://www.ast.cam.ac.uk/~frosales/html/zodiac/
It is a scientific, provable fact that I was born while the sun was in the house of Aries, just as it is a fact that my DNA makes me white.
Neither of those facts has much significance, but they are both facts nonetheless.
>>
>>18877
>http://time.com/91081/what-science-says-about-race-and-genetics/
I don't see what you are getting at.

If you are arguing that behaviour is not genetically determined, I agree with you, but there is such thing as X cultures. The distinction is much more fine-grained, but culture is by the most part transmitted by the parents, and we tend to group with and empathize more with people who look like us, so it's no wonder culture and race show a deep correlation
>>
>If you are arguing that behaviour is not genetically determined, I agree with you, but there is such thing as X cultures. The distinction is much more fine-grained, but culture is by the most part transmitted by the parents, and we tend to group with and empathize more with people who look like us, so it's no wonder culture and race show a deep correlation

What deep correlation? Do you happen to have a source for that claim?
>>
>>18880
To clarify, I'm not arguing that race isn't heritable, because clearly it is.
I'm questioning the assumption that race playing a role in society is a natural or desirable thing. Is there an accurate scientific method for determining the race of the author of a book based solely on the text alone? If not, then what can be said beyond the trivial statement that "black culture is culture created by blacks".

I really mean to ask the question: if the world woke up tomorrow, unchanged but for the fact that everyone now had the same racial phenotype, would it be possible to faithfully recreate race using only the naked eye (i.e., no genetic testing, no guarantees of truthful responses from interviewing people)? If not, then what significance does race have beyond a genetic quirk?
>>
>>18880
>source for that claim?
I'm not saying culture is tied to race, but it trickles down vertically in similar manner. Don't most people speak thei'r parents language? And eat what their parents eat? No, I don't have a fucking source for my claim that indian people eat more curry and that the descendants of germanic tribes speak germanic languages

>>18882
>Is there an accurate scientific method for determining the race of the author of a book based solely on the text alone?
No, and I never claimed such thing. But yes, there are many ways to make an educated guess about it, and where that person comes from and what type of life they had. Starting with the fucking language of the book, which is a pretty important factor of someone's culture. The very fact that they know how to write is telling in itself. Then you can see what common phrases they use, denoting education, location, etc. If you dwell into the subject matter and their opinions you can narrow it down a lot. And sometimes you won't be able to narrow it down much, but that's only because a single book reflects very little of one's culture. For example, maybe I won't be able to say much about a Harry Potter fan-fiction, but have that write about music, history and politics instead and then we talk

>what significance does race have beyond a genetic quirk?
http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/38950/title/On-Race-and-Medicine/
>These and related findings clearly support the presence of race-related variations in disease risk, disease progression, treatment response, and treatment-related side effects. As such, there remains an important role for race/ethnicity, as a marker for ancestry and often for culture, as well as other sociodemographic traits, in characterizing patients with respect to medical care.
>>
>>18891
Yes, it's absolutely true that race continues to have a place in a clinical setting, and it will always have a place when discussing history.
That says nothing about the issue at hand: whether "whiteness" is a legitimate concept in the rest of society.
Blood types are real and have an obvious medical use. That doesn't mean the East Asian practice of assigning personality traits to different blood types should be given any credence.

The ability to identify a work as a product of German or Indian culture has only tangentially to do with race. Read The Three Musketeers and hazard a guess about the race of the author.
White people do not have a common language, nor universal customs, nor a shared written history. Why, then, should the concept of "whiteness" or a "white culture" be taken seriously?
>>
We're gonna start needing white support groups to ensure racism doesn't overthrow us.
>>
>>18583
3000 killed by kkk members in 83 years, how many of them are organised and specificly about race acording to statistic? there are no data on that.

check the statistic on black on white murder rate in 8 years.

Blacks are an insanely violent criminal race acording to statistical data. Compare them to poor asians or whites in the area aswell.
>>
>>18919
>Why, then, should the concept of "whiteness" or a "white culture" be taken seriously?
Because I am a white guy, and I have a different culture to black guys, even in my own country and state. Even in countries like the US, with such a huge mix of peoples, whites, blacks, Asians, Etc., all have a different culture that starts in childhood and stays into adulthood. I don't hate blacks, but I can clearly see that they tend to have values and desires that differ from whites, or Asians, or American Indians, or Mexicans & Southern Americans. Even if we control for factors like class, county, income, religion, Etc., you would still see a difference, one that is not necessarily bad or good. But then again, I have no sources, so you can ignore me.
>>
>>18879
>behavior is not genetically determined
Maybe not determined in so far as very specific actions, but it is clear that genetic determinism is the answer for how we act in a general sense.
>>
>>18477
Bait and factually incorrect.

If you are not trying to bait, please inform yourself on what racism is. White people are being oppressed in the extreme yet the ones in the know mostly swallow it because of fear of being attacked further. I.e your post.

Please, educate yourself or kill yourself. This world has enough trash.
>>
>>18919
see
>>19040

from>>19040
>>
>>19035
Yes and no. Of course our genetic make up determines how humans behave; otherwise, how else would our brains. But as I argued before, culture trickles down almost vertically from our parents and close environment, and will most likely be strongly correalted with race.

So:
>human behaviour obviously has to have genetic basis
>I'd find it difficult to believe there are no race-specific tendencies, given that 200,000 years of bifurcated evolution has certainly affected the way we look, the slintness of our eyes, etc, to adapt to different environments. I find it laughable and against common sense the fantasy that behaviour will note be shaped by natural selection
>but also, the effect of culture on behaviour is so strong and at the same time correlated with race, that it's impossible to "filter out the noise". It's shit, but it's no the first time in science where are perfectly valid theory cannot be tested properly because of the huge levels of uncertainty and bias inherent in testing it.

Anyways, I'm a culturalist, I don't give a fuck about your race as long as you don't act like a nigger, a wigger, redneck, a street shitter or a canadian.

Btw, before I didn't want to defend the idea of "whiteness", just the concept of "X culture". Of course you cannot say it's universal, but stuff like Christmas and not stonning people are part of the general white culture. I thought the other guy was saying Black culture didn't exist, and I ended up sounding like I'm defending the course.
My problem with the course is not the subject matter, but rather that I know it's "those people" giving it. Having a critical analysis of white culture (of course, knowing it wildly ramificates), sounds like an intersting course; I'd like to see what kind of social assumptions i've been doing that are completely different in other parts of the world. My problem is that "those people" tend to talk shit of my culture in the process.
>>
>>18676
I'm not sure you understand the word fam
>>
>>18833
German history includes people of Germany. Germans are not a race.
>>
>>19040
>White people are being oppressed in the extreme
where? how?
>>
>>18874
MAOA genes. The different repeat alleles are found in different levels in different races, with low repeat alleles correlate with violent and criminal behavior. Guess which race has the highest percentage of low repeat alleles? I don't even have to tell you, you know from the description.
>>
>>19046
This guy gets it.
>>
https://www.pcc.edu/about/diversity/cascade/whiteness-history-month/

The opening of their proclamation -

"It’s readily accepted that white history is taught, year-round, to the exclusion of minority histories. But the literal history of whiteness — how and when and why what it means to be white was formulated — is always neglected. The construction of the white identity is a brilliant piece of social engineering. Its origins and heritage should be examined in order to add a critical layer of complexity to a national conversation sorely lacking in nuance."
Daniels, 2014:1

I hope someone here can say who this belongs to. Who is 'Daniels' ?
>>
http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2015/02/11/obama-jackie-robinson-all-stars/23252899/

So what if they cheated saith our president.
While the admins of the team conceived and arranged the fraud, I say that many if not all of the players were aware that certain team members were not from their neighborhood and participated in the scam as surely as any White person aware of Black injustice is guilty of it just by knowing of it.
Is this an example of Mr.X's command - "By any means necessary"?
>>
>>19294
Mary-Alice Daniel of Salon. The piece appeared in Ebony
http://www.ebony.com/black-listed/news-views/to-people-who-want-a-white-history-month-981#axzz3yIUTaiSz
>>
More from M.A.Daniel:
http://www.alternet.org/what-white-people-need-learn

"So, yes, for one month, let’s hear about white history, educating ourselves and others. Let’s expose whiteness as a fraudulent schema imposed as a means to justify economic and physical bondage. Let’s try to uncover the centuries-old machinations that inform current race relations and bind us in a stalemate of misunderstanding. Then let’s smash this whole thing to pieces."
>>
>>18477
Please tell me you're joking, I'm all for these new boards not being infested with /pol/ tier garbage but the pendulum doesn't have to make a full swing in the other direction for that to happen.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.