[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2016 Rio Olympics facing deep budget cuts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: rio.jpg (35KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
rio.jpg
35KB, 620x465px
http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/olympics/seats-slashed-by-the-thousands-with-rio-2016-olympics-facing-deep-budget-cuts

>4,000 temporary grandstand seats at the rowing Olympic venue won’t be built
>Rio organizers are scaling down everywhere to eliminate about $500 million to balance the operating budget of 7.4 billion reals ($1.85 billion).
>“I’ve been around since Los Angeles in 1984 and we haven’t been in such a situation where a country that is staging the games is in such a vulnerable situation”
>“It was a bold move to go to an emerging country"

Lots of other problems stated in the article. I can't wait for the shitstorm.
>>
>>17388
The Olympic Committee is just as dirty as FIFA except they get away with it.
>>
Gib mones pls
>>
I've lived in 4 cities that have hosted the Olympics, winter and summer, and I have to say that any city that would agree to host the Olympics is either laughably naïve or corrupt.
The IOC is much worse than FIFA, read Lords of the Rings.

Both the WC and the Olympic Games are essentially giant con games that see thousands of workers (stupid) and athletes (much more stupid) work for free for the entertainment of the very rich and corporate board members in taxpayer-funded (stupidest) stadiums, venues, and public infrastructure such as roads, highways, physical plant, buildings, sewage systems, etc.
The much vaunted legacy of the Games is miniscule.
Trivia: NONE of the best tickets are ever up for sale (except for a few unpopular events), they are for the IOC and friends, and the brass of the corporate sponsors. The public only ever has a chance to buy ~40% - 60% of tickets, and those are always the worst 40% - 60% of seats.
>>
>>17388
It was a bad move to go to Brazil, which is cuckland. The economy has been in a steep downwards spiral for years now, everyone knew this was gonna happen.
>>
>>17413
>Both the WC and the Olympic Games are essentially giant con games that see thousands of workers (stupid) and athletes (much more stupid) work for free

Wait, people work for free to build these stadiums? Why would anyone do that.
>>
>The World Cup was a Disaster
>Now the huehue's are fucking up the Olympics
Will Euroshits finally realize that you can't give a second world nation an international competition to stage or will like everything else they not learn form their mistakes and make them 10 times over?
>>
>>17675
euroshits are too carebear "politically correct" to do that, after uncle Adolf's fun time europe lost all their balls and turned into libfags because "they're more civilized, no to violence and etc etc", all the while importing terrorists and rapists en masse....

at least western euroshits are more like that, eastern euroshits that lived behind iron curtain are still more like real humans(corrupt, poor, they fix stuff by hitting people with pipes, etc).

hosting the olympics in "flip flop i kill you" brasil is like saying "let's host the olympics in greece" or some "something-kistan" in eastern EU....
>>
>>17388
What a fucking debacle. The country is already a shithole. The only result that'll come out of this is something that either rivals Sochi for how goddamn corrupt and subpar the venue will be, or surpasses it.
>>
>>17607
For the "prestige" of hosting a world event. It's a shitheel method of convincing the host country to do the work of the IOC. The biggest asspull out of the whole mess is the restriction against hosting the games again, which relegates the entirety of the costly facilities into obscurity and obsolescence.
>>
Fuck the Olympics.
>>
>>17413
>olympic athletes
>working for free

Professional athletes are some of the most overpaid people in the world. Olympic athletes in general may not be up there with F1 racers or Champion's league football players, but I can guarantee that none of them are working for free.
>>
Who the fuck choose Brazil. Even after WorldCup 2014.

Same thing with Russia WorldCup 2018.
>>
>>17807
Not the guy you're replying to but I think the money they earn is not from the IOC.

I think their respective national sports committees pay them a couple 10k's per medal and ofcourse the revenue they get from sponsoring/ads/etc, but that's it.
>>
As a brazilian citzen I can assure you guys that our population hates the fact that this event will occour in here more than anybody else. Our economy is fucked up to the core and they still manage to spend billions with this triviality, in face of our broken medical and educational systems. Fuck this.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.