[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Only 7 percent of Britons consider themselves feminists; Around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/life/only-7-per-cent-of-britons-consider-themselves-feminists/

>women were more likely to identify as feminist, nine per cent v. four per cent of men

>men were more supportive generally of equality between the sexes - 86 per cent compared to 74 per cent of women

>Younger women were more likely to call themselves feminist, with 19 per cent aged 18-24 using the word, but they were also most likely to oppose feminism

So men are more likely to support gender equality, while women are more likely to be feminists instead
More evidence that feminism is finally dying out. The number of people they can con into supporting their cult is dwindling, by this point I doubt many people who truly support gender equality are still gullible enough to be feminists. The movement is almost entirely made up of people who openly oppose equality now

Feminism in Britain has gotten some much deserved bad publicity recently in regards to equality. Pic-related, a british uni was going to observe International Men's Day this past November, and raise awareness of men's issues. The Uni had already focused on women's issues many times before
But, feminists threw a fit and made the uni cancel the day, because gender equality should focus solely on women's issues
Just a few hours before the Uni decided that male suicide is a non-issue that should never be discussed, a male student killed himself. Another victory for feminism!

Similar issue in Parliament with International Men's Day. A male MP suggested they have a talk about men's issues, since Parliament regularly talks about women's issues. A feminist MP objected and said nobody should discuss men's issues until women make up half of Parliament.
Fortunately feminists lost that round and Parliament actually did have a discussion on men's issues
>>
Oy vey, looks like we need a new feminist marketing campaign
>>
Gender Equality-- Gender eshmality. All these leftist names are bullshit buzzwords for the general overarching goal of ruining society. There's nothing behind it but the general arch of any infiltrated society generally lurches leftward anyway.
>>
>>17241
>Talking about men's issues is literally offensive
Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>17250
And once we've ruined society we what, dance in the ashes? These people think that they're doing the right thing you know.

I was raised as a man in a household that considered itself heavily feminist, but no one in my family ever espoused stuff like this. It's hard to say what feminism really represents these days. There are lots of old guard feminists that still identify as such and fight good fights, but the label has been taken up by so many people with so many different ideas that I feel like it doesn't mean as much as it used to.
>>
>>17263
>old guard feminists that still identify as such and fight good fights
le old guard meme
Any feminist alive today became a feminist during a time when most feminists opposed equality. Feminists in the 70s opposed equal custody rights for fathers, believed that DV was only men abusing women, because women couldn't abuse men, and were responsible for the bullshit "patriarchy theory" that's responsible for the problems feminism has today.
Sure you had a few good feminists, but by the end of the 70s most of those had broken away from the pack. Believe it or not most MRAs back then were even feminists, but by the late 70s it was clear that you couldn't support gender equality and be a feminist.

The belief that second wave feminism was only about equality is historical revisionism, period. Almost anybody who truly supported gender equality in the 70s became an anti-feminist by the 80s
>>
>>17241
>74 per cent of women
it's good that 26% of women realize that they are meant to serve men but question is how we raise this number.
>>
>>17639
Break down on betas. Starting with you and OP
>>
>>17241
The funny thing with this is that feminism is simply supporting womens equality to men. So everyone who says they support equality is a feminist in everything but name.
>>
>>17894
Nice bait you got there.
Too bad you wont catch anything.
>>
>>17894
>The funny thing with this is that feminism is simply supporting womens equality to men. So everyone who says they support equality is a feminist in everything but name.

There are a lot of different kinds of feminism, and that's my kind. It's hard to say what makes a "true" feminist. We have to admit that there are people who take things further than that though, and in negative ways.
>>17288
>le old guard meme
I'm gonna look into that when I get the chance. I definitely don't know as much about the history of feminism as I'd like to. That said, I'm not stupid enough to trust 4Chan on feminism.
>>
>>17639
back to /pol/ with you.
>>
>>18967
>the history of feminism as I'd like to
Even in the beginning of feminists, there were radicals. Look at the Suffragettes in the UK, moderate women's rights group (National Union of Women’s Suffrage Societies) were about to get the right to vote by negotiation although the Liberal majority at that time was not safe enough (1908-1913).
Then you got Emmeline Pankhurst and her Women’s Social and Political Union attacking churches, police officers, sacking shop, terrorising everyone. This lead to a backlash against women's rights as a result.

https://books.google.com/books?id=JDhWjBzEkosC&lpg=PA443&pg=PA443#v=onepage

Of course now Suffragettes are glorified and the moderate are completly forgotten, yet they did more harm than good at the time.
>>
If the objective is to get the same basic rights as men, how can it be radical? Granted that that really is the goal in the first place
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.