[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chinese plan mega cattle cloning project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 0

>A Chinese company, BoyaLife Genomics, says it is hoping to produce 100,000 cloned beef cattle this year with plans of cranking production up to a million per year at its $500 million facility currently under construction.

>Interest in agricultural biotechnology has been rapidly increasing in China, where farmers are struggling to provide enough beef for the country’s growing middle classes. Prices of the meat are said to have tripled from 2000 to 2013.

>The plant in the Tianjin Economic and Technological Development Area, a government-sponsored business development park, will clone animals including sniffer and pet dogs, beef cattle and racehorses.

>BoyaLife will operate the facility with its South Korean partner, Sooam Biotech, which currently runs a center that can clone dogs for customers willing to pay $100,000, and has reportedly produced more than 550 puppies.

http://www.farmtalknewspaper.com/news/chinese-plan-mega-cattle-cloning-project/article_f404bb0e-b93d-11e5-8a7a-1ffe9c575896.html
>>
>>16562
>mfw china will be the birth of monstergirls
>>
>2016
>eating meat
>>
>>16590
Clone material isn't meat.
>>
>>16578
China is our hope.
>>
>>16562
lmao, cattle industry is fucked
>>
I'm not sure about within our lifetimes, but I bet red meat is eventually outlawed. Or it will go back to the way it was- a luxury for the upper class.

I'm for this. GMO's are portrayed as the devil, but in reality as total population increasee the demand for food will match that growth. We need all the help we can get
>>
>>16618
The health effects of GMO are non-existent. The effect of genetic copyrights, prosecuting farmers for the thousands of years old practice of washing seeds they paid for, and using hegemony and economies of scale to eliminate small farmers except strictly as a niche is repugnant, and everyone in Monsanto, conagra, etc, ought to be lined up in front of a really big trench.
>>
>>16624
Spot on anon
>>
>>16562
>tfw China bot technologically advanced enough to refrigerate/freeze all that beef
>>
Neat.

Of course, in saying that, I don't like beef much.

Or pig meats.
Well, I prefer those, especially some nice bacon.
Clone the shit out of pigs.
>>
>>16594
We are already able of cloning, we can manipulate cells to grow how we want
>>
Shit. I wanna eat me some Mega Cattle.
>>
>>16696
>bot

your typo makes your sentence scaruer
>>
Who wants to bet BoyaLife is a Chingrish interpretation of the 'bio" prefix
>>
Aside from getting higher quality animals, isn't it just quicker to selectively breed the animals like we've done for thousands of years?
>>
>>16590
>2016
>eating a fuckton of suppliments because you cant function like a normal animal predator
>>
>>16864
Some foods can act as substitutes for vitamins and minerals found in meat.
>>
disgusting
>>
>>16624
This.
>>
>>16846
It's not the quality of the meat, it's the quantity of cows. It's faster for them to clone cows than to breed them
>>
China has to do these things, because their environment is too fucked to consider anything else.
>>
>>16774
Your post made me realise he had meant "not" instead of "bot".
>>
>>16913
Not this.
>>
>>16965
How? It's not like they're growing them in vats. They still have to be carried to term in a female cow.
>>
>>16816
>inb4 Chinese create Umbrella Corp IRL
>>
>>16913
Literally all plants are cloned. The bananas you're eating right now are cloned.
>>
>>16864
Humans aren't carnivores, retard. You're supposed to be eating a diet that's like 90% plant-based.

Fucking Americans ruin everything.
>>
>>17506
>Literally all plants are cloned.
no. what? no.

There are tons of fruits that come from cloned plants (especially seedless fruits, of course), but plants still reproduce sexually. I believe by far most plants
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.