[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

El Chapo Recaptured

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3543x1992px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3543x1992px
Now that El Chapo
Has been recaptured
What does /News/ think?

https://news.vice.com/article/escaped-mexican-drug-lord-chapo-guzmn-has-been-recaptured
>>
Hopefully this time they don't let him escape through a nice tunnel.
>>
Serious question: why don't they just kill him, or send him to America?
>>
>>15263
Why the hell would America want him?
>>
>>15263
Because of the drug cartels money going into the government and "helping" poor neighborhoods
Similarly like Pablo Escobar did during his time
>>
>>15264
Well if America has him
He would never breathe fresh air again and wont be able to escape so easily (if escape is even possible)
>>
>>15260
If you chop the head of this snake, 5 more will come.
>>
>>15268
Chapo has been out of the game, head has already been cut off for a long time. Sometimes you want a way to say fuck you even if it won't mean much.
>>
>>15263
Chapo has most of the government under payroll, a theory might be he let himself get captured under agreemente that he wont be extradited, since the US or any country for that matter will put him down or lock him forever in poor codnitions
>>
History says; if el chapo is captured, its because he wants to be captured
>>
I give him one month to escape the fuck out again

Fuck I hate my idiot country full of liars, thieves and corrupt sons of bitches
>>
>>15263

Because they have laws and are civilized. Cops can't go around executing criminals in the spot like in America.
>>
>>15263
mexico doesn't have death penalty, it's actually one of his lawyers arguments against his extradition to america, if death penalty isn't allowed in mexico, giving him to the justice system of another country knowing they could kill him isn't either.
>>
>>15260
How does he do it?
How does he control entire cartels,mafia and a mexican government?

>inb4 muh alpha male bullshit
Reasonable explanations please,how do you get to be this guy and maintain that.
>>
>>15313
this
>>
>>15263
The only one(s) that could kill him are some gun toting average schmo. Or as we call them Texans.
>>
>>15322
Having a lot of money and being absolutely ruthless. He probably gives people 2 options: join me and share in my success or I will torture and kill your entire family (and I'll do the second thing if you betray me)
>>
>>15313
>implying that doesn't happen more in Mexico and that that number isn't dwarfed by how often the enforcement of law is determined by how much money changes hands
>>
>>15268
This.
Yay for the war on drugs. As long as money can be made from selling drugs, cartels will continue to sell drugs. No amount of arrests can change this. The only real winner here is the Mexican President who gains some political points. Round and round in circles we go
>>
>>15371
People evaluate risk/reward all the time. If it was too risky compared to a decent amount of other options, the increased reward wouldn't matter much. They see gangs become cartels and cartels getting away with murder, practically owning towns, then cities, then countries. Then cartels try to buy off public sentiment by giving away a small portion of their blood money to those they helped put into even more dire situations in the first place.
>>
>>15381
All fair points, and probably in the short term it does have some effect on disrupting drug trafficking and reducing the power of 1 particular cartel. But with the ever increasing worldwide demand for drugs and the power/profit vacuum created from disrupting 1 cartel, there is guaranteed to be another gang or cartel that steps up to fill the hole in drug supply. The result? Gangs/cartels become increasingly sophisticated, more efficient and potentially more violent, vying for power over drug supply in a market with insatiable demand. So in the medium to long term there will likely be no significant impact on drug trafficking or corruption by arresting cartel members
>>
>>15383
>there will likely be no significant impact on drug trafficking or corruption by arresting cartel members
I agree that on it's own it is not close to approaching all that is needed to halt cartel activities. That is a part of what I was meaning to get at in the previous post. It is an essential part of the needed consequences, however, and I think it has a significant amount of importance because of that.
>>
In other news, strong inflation hits Mexican peso
>>
>>15260
Isn't he basically like Malcom X for cartels? Like he wants to run away to not get killed by his own people.
>>
>>15419
Hell no.
He's a nuisance and a terrorises his own people. He preys on weaker people (poor people, farmers, etc).
>>
We are not taking this fake arrest like a true notice... Mr Guzman is one of the richest man in the world and our government tries to cover the depreciation of our currency with this, with a low budget soup opera... Mr Guzman had been spotted in Europe and some people claims that he had been doing business with middle eastern hash dark market.
>>
Isn't El Chapo just the fall guy of Sinaloa cartel?
>>
>>15313
Yeah you just wait for your soldiers to form a militia and kill innocents for power.
>>
>>15260
>recaptured
Haha nope that prison is probably one of his offices filled with his personal body guards
>>
>>15303
hey man, at least you have really tasty food
>>
>>15449
Fear mongering won't work here, but keep dreaming though.
>>
>>15516
Hey it's not my fault Mexico is full of idiot drug attics
>>
whether he's in prison or not he run mexico from his pocket unless the other cartel like the Zeta or Golfo or relative from the "Lord Of The Sky" such as his son or brother do other destructive thing in Mexico or in the US even if Chapito Guzman was in the US Prison in Chicago wouldnt matter they would just be taking him he can pay whoever he want anywhere he goes
>>
>>15567
Taking Care of him**
>>
>>15264
He's wanted for crimes committed in Arizona, Texas, California, New York, and Illinois (I think).

Plus the US is pulling for extradition so that he's not put in a shitty Mexican jail he can walk right out of.
>>
>>15263
money man, that's the answer.
The Mexican government wants chapo to tell them where are his billions buried at.
>>
>>15553
>attics
The United States leads the world in illegal drug use.
Tell me about idiotic drug addicts again?
>>
People seem to be under the impression that things will be any different in an American jail. They will not be. The first escape wasn't because the jail itself was unsafe, it was because all of the personnel were corrupt. He'll flash a wad of cash to the guards and walk out of it. The only way to be sure is to kill him.
>>
>>15604

You think all the personnel in places like ADX care?
They already hold cartel leaders, why would throwing one more in scare them anymore

Outside of Mexico people take cartels much less seriously, big fish in a small pond and all that
>>
>>15263
No death penalty.
Its been pushed every 3 years but government says no.

Everyone is pro-death penalty but some fear it might get abused.
They still support it anyway.
>>
>>15502
Always gotta look on the bright side
>>
>>15612
Easy, he's not only a cartel leader, he's by far the richest one. And large chunks of several of latin america's governments are obviously on his payroll. And the odds of him even getting sent to America are rather low thanks to his lawyers.

The cartels are also among the most powerful criminal groups in the world, what with getting away with being practically in war with both Mexico and the USA, a conflict which has been already been bloodier than, for instance, Vietnam.
>>
I haven't followed the cartel news for awhile, I know the civilian militia or whatever cooled down, but I don't know to what ends.

How bad is the cartel in fighting? Are they basically just killing each other or do they actually kill civilians for fear tactics?
>>
Texas has the death penalty.... Give him to us

Muhahahahaha
>>
>>15703
that's exactly why we're constitutionally barred from giving him to you.
>>
>>15621
>Some are pro-death penalty but everyone fears it might get abused.
ftfy

If you've ever conducted personal randomized pool polls you'll quickly realize the government is bullshitting us when it says the Mexican people support it. The Mexican people have very little faith or trust in the government.
>>
>>15701
>I know the civilian militia or whatever cooled down

that's one way of putting it I guess

another way of putting it is the government cracked down on them and arrested leaders
>>
One of the main reasons he was found and captured this time is because Sean Penn interviewed him. You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>15701
They kill each other and kill civilians to terrorize and make them fear.
>>
>>15584
To be fair he said attics. I've never been to Mexico so attics being addicted to drugs might be a serious issue.
>>
Thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q56ZgE2m9N4
>>
>>15266
This. If he goes back to Mexico he'll definitely get busted out of jail because he has the money to pay people off.

Do they have proof he murdered anyone? Thats one of the few reasons they really give the death penalty. That or stealing from the extremely wealthy.
>>
>>15701
>ctually kill civilians for fear tactics

Not fear tactics but kidnaps and extortions are a collateral damages of the war between them and the government.

For them is an easy way to get money to buy more guns, or in some cases the force illegals to work for them, or technicians to build the infrastructure they need for communication and shit like that.

As an example, every few weeks cameras appear all over the city in important routes, they are took down and new ones appear soon after, they found out that tech is cheaper and easier to control that a bunch of people.

So this puts several people at risks, rich people to get killed for a few pesos, poor people to get enslaved in a drug factory/plantation, professionals to be force to build technical stuff, such as radio towers and shit like that, illegal immigrants for some few dollars or to work for them, etc.

That is discounting the shootings that may happen at any moment without further notice.

So, even if they aren't bombing the subway or shit like that, the effect of the war is feel it across the society.
>>
>>15260
It makes me wonder who he pissed off in the usgov to be hounded like that.
>>
>>16028
Reading up on how it went, it was literally dumb luck.
>>
El Chapo is the embodiment of the educational system failing because of corrupt politicians taking over.
>>15803
>>>reddit
>>
>>16350
LOL hell no.
It's through Regan's war on drugs that brought El Chapo up.
Last time I checked Anerican politicians were also untrustworthy.
>>
>>16381
What?
The guy said so himself, he's been on this shit since 15 years old because in his shitty town there weren't any other jobs or way of living.
>>
>>16399
Oh okay never mind.
So he's just a criminal.
>>
>>15313
Yes, because the Cartels do that for them. :^)
>>
>>15260
His men are gonna dig another underground railroad for the drug lord to come out.
>>
he's a hero of the people
>>
>>15260
Why do the hold him in prison? He looks like a nice, decent guy
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.