[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

200 Muslims fired from work ...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 0

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/12/31/dispute-over-prayer-leads-to-firing-of-nearly-200-muslims-at-meat-plant/
>...after not doing their job because they where too busy praying

>“It doesn’t matter if I don’t have a job, my religion is more important,” fired worker Tony Aden told CBS4’s Rick Sallinger."

wew, lads.
>>
>>13492
how did you get the idea, that there is some sort of religious neutrality in the US?

>http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SCALIA_RELIGION_SPEECH?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-01-02-15-30-00
>>
>>13492
Does they quaran say, that they have to go at the same time?
>>
>>13492
>hiring 200 muslims in the first place

the goof dun been fixed, at least.
>>
If youre being paid to work and you are not working then you wont be paid
>>
>>13492
>muslims want to pray
>(assumed) group of muslims work the same shift
>interrupts production
>manager tries to mediate problem
>asks for some to work while others pray at different times
>muslims refuse
>muslims then strike for 3 days
>get fired
>blame it on republican nominees

oh god this is not going to end well for either party. Muslim victim roles, here they come. and possible lawsuits to be filed against Cargill.
>>
>>13509
*tips fedora*

Well meme'd, kudos for the atheism angle and the racist angle!
>>
>>13545
I'm guessing you've never lived in a Muslim country? Let me tell you, I don't mind Muslims as individuals, but their culture is pretty outdated.
Valuing religion over work like this Muslims did is pretty fucking retarded in this day and age, let alone in the US where I've heard work is hard to find.
>>
>>13559
>I'm guessing you've never lived in a Muslim country?
Morocco. I was in Arab Spring. The rest of what you said is true for any religion.
>>
Its pretty simple really. You get hired to do a job. Its not financially feasible to stop production several times a day so you can prey. That is something you do on your own time. Its not like I can expect my work to bend over backwards to my evey whim..

My Dad told me when I was young to always be grateful and motivated for work, because there is always someone willing to do it for less. In this case there is someone willing to do the job without interruption, and it makes sense for the company to hire a group that will best benefit it.
>>
>>13565
Muslim prayer takes only about 5-10 minutes at most. Consider those like a regular bathroom break for any human. Shouldn't even be that much of a problem.
>>
>>13499
There's like a time period where muslims are supposed to pray between. They get more blessings if they pray between that time period rather than if they pray after that time period.

They also get more blessing if they pray as a group, but it is perfectly acceptable to pray as an individual.

Personally, it would be in their interest to pray individually...don't understand why they don't just do that, keep their jobs, keep some people working, instead of throwing a whole pussyfit over it.
>>
>>13568
Yeah but you don't have 190 employees take a bathroom break at the same time.

The problem started because homeslice asked them to go in shifts.
>>
Has this been snoped yet? Because I can't believe this.
>>
As a non-practicing Muslim, this is what I advise as well. These idiots seem to think they have the right to just go and worship and do as they please. That is unacceptable, they should definitely do it either individually or just do their prayers at home.
>>
>>13561
So why is it okay for moralisms
>>
>>13581
*mudslimes
>>
>>13581
I don't know. Why is it?
>>13582
>le racism mémé lol!
>>
>>13583
>racism
>>
>>13492
Since when are employers supposed to bend down for nutjob religious shenanigans ?
They shoud get sued and afterwards deported in a Bolivian prison.
>>
>>13591
>Stormfront, turbo-redneck, whatever
>>
>>13600
kill people?
>>
>>13571
>They also get more blessing if they pray as a group

>A religion that expands by users dragging people in and converting them
>Very time consuming
>Encourages group praying, and gives party bonus XP
Islam is a mmorpg
>>
>>13603
It's seriously more of a government than a religon
>>
>>13600
Killing is not automatically immoral. Referring to someone as a shitskin makes you a turbo-redneck, turbo-redneck.
>>
>>13545
hello, reddit
>>
>>13603
>fedora meme
Literally every major world religion works this way.
>>
>>13607
Don't respond unless you're going to contribute to the thread.
>>
>>13608
please tell me you missquoted
>>
>>13611
then why are you responding?
>>
I'm all for freedom of religion, but why take a job when you know your responsibility to your beliefs will interfere with your ability to perform said job? You can't expect private companies to cater to your beliefs on such a profound level that it actually begins to disrupt productivity.

Before I'm accused of being a reactionary conservative, I think the same should be said to Christians who refuse to perform their jobs due to some perceived conflict with their personal beliefs - like that Kentucky clerk who refused to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. As a state representative, she had no business trying to push her personal beliefs on the general populace, much less using state resources to do so. Personal faith / politics should be kept out of the workplace. Period.
>>
>>13647
>Before I'm accused of being a reactionary conservative
I can't think of a single place on earth where you'd be excused from doing your work due to religious belief. If you can't do your work you're simply not qualified for it, whatever the reason.
>>
>>13611
Hello reddit
>>
>>13571
They hope to become millionaires...
>>
>>13688
Yeah, embrace the turbo-redneck meme. Find yourself a pale skinned wife and move to Grand Rapids. Give her two kids and a mortgage until she cucks you and takes half your shit. Wake up at 40 and wonder who the fuck you are.

That's what happens when you take memes as seriously as you're taking this one. You find yourself middle aged and autistic and very much alone, struggling to have enough cash left after alimony to buy a bottle of rot gut whiskey at the end of the week.
>>
>“It doesn’t matter if I don’t have a job, my religion is more important,” fired worker Tony Aden told CBS4’s Rick Sallinger.

Your god won't give you money and food just because you pray.

>“It’s got things to do with Donald Trump, it’s got things to do with (Ben) Carson and all these guys who are rhetorically talking bad about Islam,” said Ducaale, a school district employee.

You weren't fired because the Republican candidates hate Islam, you were fired because like the other worker said, you care more about your religion than work, to the point that it disrupted production. The manager allowed you to go pray under certain conditions, and you pissed over said conditions, and now you're crying that you get fired.

>>13591
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/racism

Don't pretend it wasn't.
>>
>>13492
>They fired us because of Donald Trump
>Not because 200 of us decided to stop working at the same time, stopping production completely, while we go pray on paid hours

The funniest part of the video.
>>
>>13648
Lots of places, the UK for instance has companies which will let Muslim cashiers swap out at supermarkets if they see a customer buying pork or alcohol.
>>
Meat processing plants are among some of the absolute worst places to work. They run their workers down and then fire them because they can easily get more uneducated or immigrant workers who don't want to rock the boat. They have close to 100% turnover with a year. They abuse the shit out of their workers.

Oxfam just published a report about the rampant abuses that happen in meat processing. (https://www.oxfamamerica.org/livesontheline/)

Doesn't surprise me that they fire a bunch of Somalis for trying to pray when plant supervisors will fire people for asking to take breaks to go to the bathroom. Workers too afraid of losing their jobs are literally piss in diapers because they think they have no other options.
>>
>>13843

They say it's because they're praying but also these plants also fear unionizing and have a history of firing people for being rabble rousers.

Blame it on religion but obviously plants that demand high output for cheap labor don't want their employees showing solidarity in any way whatsoever.

Now cue clueless NEET saying "this is America and you're an at-will worker what do you expect?" Has it been 2 hours since your last burger? These people are the reason why you can have your dollar menu and you people shit all over THEM as if they did something wrong.
>>
>Its not financially feasible to stop production several times a day so you can prey

This is true, and why there are literally zero factories in any Islmanic countries. Nobody has ever overcome this problem, which is why large number of Muslims have never worked in factories together. Thank you for your important contribution to the conversation.

>My Dad told me when I was young to always be grateful and motivated for work
Your dad was a coward who was afraid of his shift supervisor just because he made two dollars more an hour than him. You shouldn't respect your dad because of this failure, and should spit in his mouth for telling you this particular lie. You are also stupid for believing it.
>>
>>13843
>Oxfam just published a report
Funny how Updike beat them to the punch by a century. (tho im sure they mentioned that in their report)

>Blame it on religion but obviously plants that demand high output for cheap labor don't want their employees showing solidarity in any way whatsoever.
best take the whole thread so far

>>13605
>It's seriously more of a government than a religon
holy shit people still repeat that circa 2004 GOP meme?

>>13634
are you pretending to not get the joke?

>>13571
Just read more man. It's not that hard. Like everything you said is wrong.
>>
>>13492
I work for this company. Not at this location, but one in the lower midwest.
>>
>>13878
How is the job?
>>
>>13846
Huh, so lets say for some miraculous reason meat workers are paid more and treated better than how they are right now. How would it change then the price of meat and so around the US? I can't imagine the guys in charge of these companies actually becoming benevolent and not taking as much money as they are now, meaning that they would charge even more for their meat. How much of an impact do you think that would cause?
>>
>>13498
>Scalia

Of course Scalia says there is no religious neutrality in the US, because there is no religious neutrality with him.

https://newrepublic.com/article/106441/scalia-garner-reading-the-law-textual-originalism
>>
>>13869
No it's not a government, it's a political system
>>
>>13904
Im a liberal and even I know he meant religions and non religions I.e. atheists vs theists. Use your arguments right.
>>
>>13901
Meat is way too cheap in the US for multiple reasons already. If the price doubled, Amerifats would eat something else.
>>
>>13839
You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>13574
Is that true?
> I am a non muslim.
> I always thought it was strict times.
> Ahh well fuck-em.
>>
>>13965
A lot of people consider a little temporary inconvenience a price they would gladly pay to show respect for another person. Unfortunately, this is getting much less common nowadays.
>>
>>13713
Found the memeslim
>>
>Somalis
No fucking wonder
>>
>>13866
You should look up Islamic financial products as a goof, it's some really interesting and incredibly improfitable shit
>>
>>13866
>This is true, and why there are literally zero factories in any Islmanic countries.

But that isn't true, at all.

I know for a fact that Sialkot in Pakistan is the worlds largest producer of stitched footballs. You think they're getting made in peoples houses?
>>
Seems like 200 Muslims took this job hoping they would be asked to work with pork, then decided prayer was the only way to get properly shit canned. I'm sure none of them will want to sue.
>>
How cucked is Denver? I mean, are these guys going to be on unemployment now?
>>
>>13561
>>13561
>>>13561
>Morocco. I was in Arab Spring.
The rest of what you said is true for any religion.

Arab Spring. Morocco. Lived.

Backpacker on a 4-week Eurail pass detected.
>>
>>13574
>As a non-practicing Muslim
there's no such thing as a "non-practicing Muslim", Ethan.
>>
>>13605
>It's seriously more of a government than a religon
now you're getting the idea.
to believe Islam is just another religion is pure stupidity. Islam contains sharia, for example. It's not a take-or-leave thing, even though this guy seems to think so >>13574

Maybe he should post his address so some of his brethren could show up and discuss his choices.
>>
>>13839
That's company policy so of course they can do it if the owners want it, after all it's a free country. I meant in a legal sense.
>>
>>14214
>there's no such thing as a "non-practicing Muslim", Ethan.
Of course there is. Muslims that doesn't visit mosques, are part of a religious community or pray is a good example.
>>
>>13869

Knowing anything about the way meat processing factories handle employees (or their animals) should lead most down that logical path. They treat their employees with the same contempt they treat animals.

"In October 2007 Cargill announced the recall of nearly 850 000 frozen beef patties produced at its packing plant in Butler, Wisconsin. The patties, processed between the August 9, 2007, and August 17, 2007, were suspected of being contaminated with E. coli. The beef was sold mainly at Walmart and Sam's Club stores."

Meat processors sell assembly line meat using sweatshop grade conditions. They use poor workers, immigrants, semi-literate people and fire at will - endless replacements are available.

Do you think line supervisors care more about whether immigrants can practice their religions or about making their quotas?

"In July 2005, the International Labor Rights Fund filed suit against Cargill, Nestlé and Archer Daniels Midland in Federal District Court in Los Angeles on behalf of a class of Malian children who were trafficked from Mali into Côte d'Ivoire and forced to work twelve to fourteen hours a day with no pay, little food and sleep, and frequent beatings. The three children acting as class representative plaintiffs are proceeding anonymously, as John Does, because of feared retaliation by the farm owners where they worked. The complaint alleges their involvement in the trafficking, torture, and forced labor of children who cultivate and harvest cocoa beans which the companies import from Africa"

Cargill also operates plants that use Uzbek cotton - corrupt country that uses child labor to produce their crops.

Cargill produces soya crops on Amazonian rainforests and other endangered lands - it is implicated in leaks and poisonings of hundreds of people.

You can replace "Muslim" with "union" or "Christian" it doesn't matter. The company is shit. Those above crimes are condoned when people demand cheap labor and cheap goods.

Source: Wiki
>>
>>14214
Muslim is the same sort of ethno-religious identifier as Jew. You don't need to wear a yarmulke and go to temple to be a Jew, you don't need to pray to Mecca to be a Muslim. Simple.
>>
>>13878
I play Disc Golf next to that plant. Great courses.
>>
>>14605
The one in CO that is.
>>
>>14500

No it isn't.

There are caucasian muslims (Iran) Arab Muslims (Iraq) Southasian muslims (Pakistan) and african muslims (Libya) Which would you consider the one muslim ethnicity?
>>
Why isn't the USDA investigating Cargill for this?
>>
>>13500
Kek
>>
This news article is bogus. Muslims decided to protest for 5days. An not show up for work. After 3days of not calling in, they were fired. An are eligible to be hired back. This wasn't a religious move on cargills part. This is what there rules say. Cargill was very lenient on prayer request. Which is more then what we could say for most major corporations.
>>
>>13726
muslim isn't a race.
>>
fuck religion
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.