[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Indian Airforce Base attacked by terrorists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 0

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/683098919899906048
>>
https://www.rt.com/news/327690-india-airbase-gunbattle-terrorists/
>>
>>13224
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Terrorist-attack-Pathankot-Air-Force-base-gunbattle-on-2-militants-killed/articleshow/50412499.cms?

The word "terrorist" has lost all meaning. Who is being "terrorized" here? Do you think the Indian Air Force is?
>>
>>13226
"militants" would be more appropriate?
>>
>>13228

Militants works. Non-ideological and accurate.
>>
>>13226
>>13228
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. It's cliche but sadly still true.
>>
>>13270
in the interest of trying to be impartial, the word "Terrorist" isn't exactly useful. no one knows what their goal was. why would terrorists attack the air force? were these terrorists associated with anyone? what kind of attack was it?
there's no details being given, they're just being called "terrorists" for editorial reasons. there's good reasons not to jump the gun.
>>
>>13310
>they're just being called "terrorists" for editorial reasons.
It apparently happens quite often.
>>13292
>>
>>13270
I don't think that's exactly how the phrase goes... Terrorists have a specific set of methods, and they almost all involve attacking "soft" targets. that is, civilians. they don't have the firepower or numbers to attack their actual enemies, so they slaughter innocents to make the civilians enforce whatever change they want.

Rebels blow up military, government, and police buildings. Terrorists blow up schools and night clubs
>>
>>13363
My point is that 30 years ago what they call "Terrorists" today would have just been called "mad bombers". The word "terrorist" has become a catch all word for anyone who attacks another nation.

Do you feel terrorized? I don't.
>>
The only terrorists are the governments and the stupid people who follow them.
>>
>>13430

Hardly the only ones but certainly a modern government, or rather a modern elite, is indistinguishable from terrorists who made it.
>>
>>13270

Depends on how you define "terrorist". Me I'd say, terrorism is a method, freedom (national independence or what have you) is a goal. No reason why one can't be a freedom terrorist.
>>
>>13226

I'd call them guerrilas personally.
>>
>>13310
Indo-Pak were going to start dialogue after a freeze. Terrorists attack every time this happens. Since Pak's govt and agencies are proven to have official links to terrorism, this is supposed to send Indian media and people into frenzy to call off talks until Pak assures end to terror.

The usual tactic is to attack somewhere close to the border in the economically better-off state of Punjab which isn't used to such attacks like JnK. A police station near the border was attacked a few months back for similar reasons.
>>
>>13224
madarchod hai bhen ke lode, atankwadi
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.