[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Britian Christian?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 0

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16224394

In a speech recently, the prime-minister of Britain said "As a Christian country, we must remember what his birth represents: peace, mercy, goodwill and, above all, hope." Some are outraged that he's claiming it's a Christian country, What does /news/ think?
>>
>>11482

No we're not, and Christmas has never had anything to do with Christianity. Christians have tried their damnedest to ban Christmas time and time again, why should we honour their made-up god on our yuletide festival?
>>
>>11484
You say "our yuletide festival", yet many here aren't from those origins and don't celebrate the pagan festivals (like saturnalia). And if that is what we celebrate, why the 25th?
>>
We as a country made Christmas what many see it as today, a Christian holiday... Literally Christ's Mass. Why when we've created this connection should it not be true that we as a country are Christian? Looking at the statistics 72% of Britain's are Christian.
>>
>>11487
Or say they're Christian despite not practicing or necessarily believing...
>>
>>11488
Yet they do it why? Because they don't want to put "none" just in case? I myself am not Christian. Though I still believe this is a Christian country.
>>
I'll give this /pol/ tier thread a /pol/ response

No, Britain is a mudslime country full if keks, jealous that America is about to be great again
>>
>>11482
It's not really smart to identify a country with a religion. You empower an endorsed group who will insert themselves as representative and marginalize every other group in doing so.
>>
>>11487
Key word here "made Christmas", so now that we have the real story. Exactly when again did we make Christ's birth (which by the way could of never been in December because animals were grazing in nearby fields, which would have been frozen ground) an all out "get me a gift day"? It is now a commercial retail sales biggest price hike, ON SALE, day of the year. Nothing more, Christ has left the building in shame of what his birth has become. See "black Friday", clips.
>>
>>11518
It's to celebrate the birth of Christ, not his Birthday...
>>
>>11525
Do you even know what you said?
>>
>>11484
The HELL you aren't. Who crowns the fucking monarch? Ever hear of the Anglican Church?

Go tip your fedora elsewhere, or just keep reading Dawkins and leave normal people alone.
>>
>>11541
Its not his birthday but you're celebrating his birth

Not a hard concept to understand you knob
>>
Our heritage is one deeply rooted in Christianity and as such I'd say we are a Christian nation.
Naturally these days, most people are not practicing Christians, that does not detract from our heritage however.
Even though I am myself not a Christian, I am proud of our Christian roots and believe it to have been the main moral driving force in our society. It saddens me sometimes; the lack of respect others have for this.
>>
>>11482
Its probably a response to radical isamists in london trying to establish sharia law in britain
>>
>>11601
Holy autism
>>
>>11518
> frozen ground
> in the sandbox

Jesus wasn't born in Norway.
>>
>>11601
>literally ignoring the facts
"Lalalala I can't hear you!" *gets head chopped off* "Still can't hear you!" #notallmuslims
>>
We are not a Christian nation and for a leader to state such a thing is fucking retarded.

Religion is disgusting and should be as far away from state as possible. It is extremely concerning to hear leaders have approval of Christianity or any religion for that matter.
>>
>>11710
We live by Christian laws, GTFO if you don't like it heathen. Go live in Africa.
>>
>>11712
>Christian laws
TOPKEK
>If you don't like it go live in x
Love this meme
>>
>>11646
see
>>11603
>>
>>11713
Great arguments! Mum will be impressed!
>>
If this is true....

Alot of brit women have D cups or above, and now this

QT confirmed
Q
T

C
O
N
F
I
R
M
E
D
>>
>>1142
In the UK people have a right to believe in anything they want as long as it doesn't conflict with any other laws. If the PM wants to talk about Christianity that's fine: some people are going to love it; some people are going to hate it but most of us are not going to take any notice because we're too busy flying through space.
>>
>>11717
Seriously though your arguments are shit because is divorce Christian laws?
Is it looked down upon?
>>
>>11729
That was added later. And nobody here wants a used whore.
>>
>>11732
My original statements still stand.
I'm glad religion and laws are separated though.
>>
>>11733
Still based on Christian laws.
>>
>>11733
Nice try, Mohammed.
>>
>>11712
No we fucking don't you moronic piece of shit
>>
>>11751
So that's why this country is getting worse all the time...the endless recession...
>>
>>11735
>>1173
Can I get a citation of these Chirstian laws then?
>>
>>11780
Exodus 20:3 No other gods
Exodus 20:4 No false idol for god is jealous
Exodus 20:7 Don't say 'God damnit' in vain
Exodus 20:8 Keep the Sabbath(Saturday) holy
Exodus 20:12 Honor Ma and Pa
Exodus 20:14 Adultery is bad, even when all parties included consent.
Exodus 20:15 Don't steal
Exodus 20:16 Don't lie about your neighbor, your family is another story
Exodus 20:17 Wanting things you don't have is bad

Exodus 21 Covers slaves, selling daughters, assault, kidnapping, punishing slaves and animal care.
Exodus 34 Contains the new commandments now one knows about cuz the first ones got broke as hell.

Oh wait, that's the Jewish portion of the bible... Those aren't Christian laws, my bad.
>>
>>11786
I forgot
Exodus 20:13 Don't murder (unless it is commanded by God, then it's alright)
>>
>>11484
Christmas: That time of year when we all sigh in relief that the days are getting longer again after Winter Solstice and our world isn't turning into a permanently frozen wasteland. Heyoo!

At least for the Northern Hemisphere. A belief and celebration rooted in outdated ideas and fears from a time when we thought the sun, moon, stars, etc. were controlled by gods that demanded worship.

Yeah that'ts TOTALLY better than celebrating the birth of a demigod savior. WAY better, I'm sure.
>>
>>11786
>>11787
I was talking about government laws...
>>
>>11802
Except for the don't steal and slaves part, most of humanity has established these laws regardless of religion.
>>
Christian laws (as with all religious laws) can be divided into two types: ones that are common sense, and dehumanising claptrap. The first half have been adopted as laws in the civilised Western countries.
>>
>>11482
it's a country thriving on the afterglow of succesful european christian society so in a sence yes, atheist might not like this but the way we interact, morals etc are basically because we live in a christian nation yes even the sex drugs and rock n roll
>>
I'd say at least in an official context, it is because the monarch is a head of church as well. But socially, it may have a lot of Christians but I wouldn't consider the country "Christian" necessarily, as it doesn't seem to be much of a defining trait for the country.
>>
>>11802
Whelp I'm American, I can't really help you in regards to Britain but in America the Hobby Lobby fought to not insure it's employees according to the Affordable Care Act. They won, but not because of the our first amendment. It is conceivable that in the future this case will be overturned or rendered moot.
>>
>>11482
Bong is lead by a sovereign who is also Hythe head of the church

So yeah, by definition it's a Christian country
>>
Technically we are a Christian country.

In reality however; We tend to be secular, not raving nutcase Atheists, but 'Don't really care' agnostics!

Hope this helps.
>>
test
>>
>>12018
ies
>>
Britain is a Muslim country with Atheist apologists who think Christianity is more violent then Islam.
>>
Britain is a heretic country, filled with Mohammedans and atheist degenerates
>>
>>11482
Not really. Christianity isn't exactly thriving in Britain. It seems that atheism/agnosticism/ non-specific "I believe in a higher power" beliefs are becoming the norm in Britain. It could be argued that since the Queen is still the head of The Church of England, Britain has to be a christian country but i don't think that holds a lot of weight. Culturally, Britain is probably more secular than America.
>>
>>12032
What the fuck is Donald Trump doing on here?
>>
>>11732
Virgin detected
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.