[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

earphones for biking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: mdr_e_818.jpg (16KB, 473x500px) Image search: [Google]
mdr_e_818.jpg
16KB, 473x500px
Hi there Ano/n/s,

my trusty Sony MDR-E818 earphones (pic related) needed some soldering magic twice now to continue. I'm wondering how long until they' fall apart completely.

What earplugs do you use / recommend for use on bike / train / elsewhere that will not break the bank, allow situational awareness and sound at least half decent? Bonus points for having survived heavy rain. Mine did, going mute for some time but coming to life again when drying, no permanent damage.
>>
I carry a boombox on my shoulder.
>>
Brainwavz jives are pretty good
>>
Biking with headphones ain't that safe, friendo
>>
>>915203
Get a load of this pussy, I bet you have brakes and reflectors too. Why don't you let the real cyclists talk grandpa, you obviously lack the balls to ride a bike.
>>
File: img34.png (167KB, 971x821px) Image search: [Google]
img34.png
167KB, 971x821px
>>915203
I would never use them on the street, but I think it's safe enough to use them on the dedicated bike trails.

Although if you were planning on using them on the road OP; you're bad and I don't like you.
>>
I always cycle without helmet and headphones.
>>
>>915195
>>
>>915191
The only time I have ever nearly been killed on my bike was while wearing headphones. Never again, it is too distracting. I would rather be 100% alert and aware, and music affects that.
>>
>>915203
>ain't that safe
>>915209
>Although if you were planning on using them on the road OP; you're bad and I don't like you.

Do you idiots realize how pathetic you are, that is like saying I don't like people who drive with the stereo on.

Turn the headphones down so you can still hear the road. Wow. so sad.
>>
I always buy those $3 Phillips earphones. They last me for about half a year, have decent enough sound, and don't deafen me from traffic sounds.
>>
File: ford-pinto-explosion-4.jpg (85KB, 557x510px) Image search: [Google]
ford-pinto-explosion-4.jpg
85KB, 557x510px
>>915250
>cagers trying to tell people what's safe and what isn't
Good one
>>
>>915191
Best solution is Boombotix
>>
>needing to listen to something whilst cycling
>not enjoying the peace and quiet and sounds of nature
>>
>>915274

Nobody "needs" to listen to music ever. But it's enjoyable.
>>
>>915191
Only stupid faggots wear headphones while they're riding. Enjoy your violent death.
>>
My advice is to use the cheapest headphones available - sound quality isn't something to worry about on the bike where you'll be fighting wind noise anyways, and considering how it is to damage or wear out headphones in the process of using them while riding it's best to consider them a disposable item.
>>
>>915253
>only cage when needed
Would rather pedal. Wear you helmet fred. Dat carbon might be outdated. Time for a new 500$ chineese one with an Italian logo
>>
>>915328
Gonna disagree with u anon. I like quality sound. I use Panasonic headphones or original iphone ones. Even though i use a droid. They both r decent for wind noise
>>
Aftershokz. Only headphones I'll use biking.
>>
File: sennheiser MM 30G Black.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
sennheiser MM 30G Black.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
I put one in, low volume
gr8 m8 £25
>>
File: htc beats.jpg (101KB, 1034x622px) Image search: [Google]
htc beats.jpg
101KB, 1034x622px
>>915274
without music all i hear is wind in my ears which isn't pleasant.

even with the headphones in i still hear the wind so i'm lurking for suggestions. currently using the things that came with my phone and not even sure if there's a way to block out the wind noise without going with a full-coverage type of headphone, which i don't want to use because sweat.
>>
>>915203
>Biking with headphones ain't that safe, friendo
Your opinion ain't very valid, Fred'o.
>>
File: sanicganerations2.png (28KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
sanicganerations2.png
28KB, 800x500px
Faggot OP here,

won't go for plugs sealing the ear canal; being able to hear cages approach is important. Moderate volume goes for the same reason and because these ears will have to last some time, they're my only pair.
Nonetheless it's priceless to get faster by just the right input signal.
>Panasonic
some higher models look breddy gud, will check out availability. Thank you Anons!
>>
I use Apple's current standard earplugs. They're good and I can still hear everything, even with the volume turned up.
>>
>>915191
As a guy who only ever rides with earphones on and music blasting, I can not recommend in-ear ones at all, especially those IEM ones with silicone seal that cuts you off from outside noise completely - that shit is dangerous. Much better are the on-ear, open design, sporty cans.
I've been using Philips' SHS 4700 for the longest time and can confirm superior comfort and very good sound. Sadly, they seem to be discontinued (at least in my region). Rather pricier too.
Nowadays I'm sporting Koss' KSC 21 which sound good but lack the comfort of the above. Dirt cheap tho. There's also the KSC 75 which looks like it carries better but I haven't had a chance to test.
Cheers.
>>
Sennheiser MX 170
They're cheap, but still durable.
>>
Get some bone conducting earphones
>>
>>915637
>Koss KSC 21
Intredasting concept.
I'd guess they're prone to wind noise? And Did you manage to get those giant pads soaked by rain?
>>
I want to get these.

>https://store.bragi.com/
>>
>>915996
Yes, wind creeps in (alas I found out that while riding it does not disturb all that much). And those kind of cans are open so any, loud-enough, outside noise will get in.
As to rain, I haven't had the Koss ones during a rain yet, but with the old Philips ones I did plenty a time and had never had any problem at all. Frankly, I don't think they ever got wet from rain, resting there on the ear (and under the helmet). Although the cushion was much different to whatever those cheap ass Koss have - instead of plain foam liner it was some soft foamy thing under a piece of lycra-like cloth or something, very comfortable.

Also, Panasonic, Sony, Pioneer and Thomson (think I've seen Audio Technica as well) should be making this kind of earphones too, so there's a selection to choose from.

By the way, I was using them "under" a helmet and with glasses on just about every single ride no problem. Wearing glasses needs some getting used to, but you forget about them in, like, 5 seconds.
>>
>>915999
So the helmet is key requirement. Otherwise i'd imagine those pads to be soaking wet in minimum time, giving you the feeling of wearing cold sponges. I know that in small; there are nicer things to experience.
>>
>>916000
I put on my playa every time I go out and had it several times while "on foot" and during a rain and never had a problem with the cans soaking up. Again, though, this was with the perfect SHS 4700, which I do recommend wholeheartedly.
Koss' selling point is the price.
Also, from what I get, all the cheaper ones look pretty much the same. Probably something with the production technology - putting large pieces of raw foam over the driver body instead of anything fancier, to cut the price.
Anyway, you don't want them Philipses, check Koss or other cheaper ones and see how they fair. Just don't put it under the shower.
Cheers.
>>
>>915511
>he desn't use cottonballs
>>
>>915191
>earphones for biking
enjoy dying
>>
>>915191
>Not being 100% aware of your surroundings while riding a fragile, finely tuned machine.
>>
>>916683
>fragile
Carbon frame confirmed
>>
>listening to music while riding
you are the reason why cardrivers hate cyclists
>>
>>916874
>why cardrivers hate cyclists
driving while listening to lady gaga, reason why cyclists hate motorists
>>
I just buy a cheap $10 pair and keep a few at my house. They are in my pocket and I usually listen to podcasts.
>>
>>916882
>>916874
You can hear more on a bicycle with headphones on that a motorist with his window down fucking idiots.
>>
>>916889
no you can't and you must be a total fucking idiot if you believe that
>>
>>916890
But when will those windows be down? It'll only be in summer and noone of the big 'but muh AC' faction. OTOH bikes without glass cabin at all are close to 100%.
>>
>>916918
fuck off
>>
And i didn't even start about any of them listening to music.

>>916919
You first.
>>
>>916889
this

>>916890
yes you can, its called a volume button you tard
>>
>>915203
Nah it's fine
>>
I use the ones in the pic, the MOTORORK s305. They're bluetooth, so no wires, and can answer phone calls without having to fish for my phone. Still gotta pull over to answer a call or the person talking to you is only gonna hear windnoise.
Regarding wind noise, it blocks most of it out due to its shape, yet allows most of the environment sound in, because they have an open design, allowing sounds from the outside. You could, of course, block most of the ouside sound by raising the volume to stpud levels, if you're "that kind of person".
They sound quite good, with decent bass and no loss on the mids. And the battery on them lasts a long time. I've accidentally left them on playing music overnight, only to wake up to them still playing.
I got them as a present, but I know they're not expensive.

TLDR; these block wind, allow some outside noise in, sound decent, good battery life, not too expensive.
>>
File: 1.jpg (36KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
36KB, 750x750px
>>917669
dumbass me didnt attach pic
>>
>>915191
moy buy no bu
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.