[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this allowed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>913700
What's the problem? Looks good to me, lots of parkland, trails, and gridded streets.
>>
You think water gets in the way? You should check out areas with lots of exposed rock.
>>
>>913703
Why is the grid more important than protecting our natural resources and preserving scenic beauty?
>>
Flat as a pancake here. Most older parts of the city are a perfect grid aligned east / west. Then city designers got bored and started adding lots of crescent and unnecessary curved roads. And inexplicably this neighbourhood that looks like a limp penis: http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=16/50.4774/-104.6428

For the next wave of expansion they are looking to go back to a grid since its cheaper and they can squeeze in more houses.
>>
>Why does US 61, a major US highway, cut through some teeny little lake that is bordered by rail tracks?
Are you retarded?
>>
>>913736
The grid is also much nicer to navigate. Biking around eastern Regina is a bit of an adventure because you want to avoid the highly trafficked trunk routes but the non-trunk routes are almost all squiggly as fuck. On the grid, you can just go on a quiet parallel street to the busy streets.
>>
>>913709
>preserving scenic beauty

I don't know where the three in the map view are but the one in the bottom left is clearly in suburbia. if you've ever been to florida you should know there's nothing beautiful about a swamp with a million model homes crammed onto the smallest plot they could manage. those "lakes" are fucking disgusting and the old people who live next to them just put blinds on their rear windows so they don't even have to look at them
>>
>>913875
Can confirm.
Florida's fake lakes are incredibly dirty.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.