[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats up /n/, I'm hoping to purchase a cheap motor scooter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 200292696-001.jpg (124KB, 478x358px) Image search: [Google]
200292696-001.jpg
124KB, 478x358px
Whats up /n/,

I'm hoping to purchase a cheap motor scooter for the summer for cruising around the streets and hopefully getting laid a couple times because of it. I need a cheap, reliable model that I can find relatively easy on CL or ebay or what not. I don't care if it looks shitty or small, as long as it works desu. I wouldn't even mind like a mini bike. Also, what should i be aiming for in terms of budget? Thanks
>>
File: rascal.jpg (357KB, 767x575px) Image search: [Google]
rascal.jpg
357KB, 767x575px
>>911544
>scooter
>get laid
>>
>>911544
Get the cheapest you can find. So long as you can change tyres, spark plugs and clean the fuel filter it'll keep going in a straight enough line.
>>
Get a Japanese 125cc motorcycle from the 90s/early 00s.

Can be kept running with duct tape and a hammer, will last forever, and are still a motorcycle so you wont look like a complete numpty.
>>
>>911544
(Note: I am in the central USA)

Back ten years ago a lot of used car lots were selling various China scooters and ATVs. This made them pretty attractive because the dealers made sure the things worked correctly before you came to get it, and you could get some help with issues and repairs if you needed to. For several years they were EVERYWHERE on the roads.

Since then, pretty much all of those places all stopped selling them. You can still order the scooters online, but if you look at the reviews a lot of people have problems with these as they are delivered. Fluids leaking, parts adjusted badly, and no help from the online sellers.

Additionally, local motorcycle shops generally refuse to work on them. Part of that may be just business reasons (as the China scooters are priced way lower than the Japanese bikes that 'real' motorcycle dealers sell) but part of it is that the shops don't have any source of repair info or parts for them. So you are kinda on your own now if the thing needs to be fixed. This issue has turned a LOT of people off the cheap China scooters. It's quite rare to see them on the roads now.

If you just want to build something silly and need a motor, the little China ATVs and dirt bikes are an awesome deal. They're not very reliable or easy to fix tho.

Japanese bikes from a real dealer cost ~4X as much, but are a much better deal due to the reliability and support reasons.
>>
>>911578
Or get a second hand Japanese that will cost as much as a Chinese, but, well, isn't a Chinese bike...
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.