[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://nextbigfuture.com/2015/12/te xas-high-speed-rail-eyes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 0 series shinkansen.jpg (238KB, 1040x691px) Image search: [Google]
0 series shinkansen.jpg
238KB, 1040x691px
http://nextbigfuture.com/2015/12/texas-high-speed-rail-eyes-japanese.html

It's happening!
>>
What good is a bullet train between two cager cities? How are you going to get around once you arrive? Has anyone actually thought this one through?
>>
>>911242
Dallas the the most expansive light rail system in the country along with some streetcar routes through the CBD, Houston has some decent light rail through downtown coupled with an okay bus system.
>>
>>911243
>>911242
And if you're a fag who thinks they're to good for public transit there's always Uber.
>>
>>911243
>Dallas Streetcar

>20 minute headway
>closes way too early
>single track
>battery
>>
http://dallashoustonhsr.com/maps-and-pictures/

Higher resolutions maps of potential routes from the company website.
>>
>>911246
Don't copy the remarks I did on 1chan you git.
Also,
>ignoring DART and the M-line
>>
>>911240
Will they be able to build a terminal in downtown Houston? I thought the recently concluded NEPA report ruled out the possibility of a direct downtown connection.
>>
>>911242
Its competing against flights and medium drives, and as the NEC's Acella being full, there is a market for high speed travel between big cities.
>>
>>911266
Nothing wrong with DART, as far as I can tell.

But don't you say that the "Streetcar" wouldn't be one of the poster childs of "America can't tram". Your post was a good summary of it.
>>
>>911699

shut the fuck up you Australian autist
>>
Uber will be all over the stations like white on rice...
>>
>>911242

I agree. Building high-speed rail before decent inner city rail is putting the cart way before the horse. Florida cancelled plans for high speed between Orlando and Tampa which are both in the top 5 most dangerous cities for pedestrians.
>>
>>911929
With Uber you don't need that. and the FEC is building their own railroad (since any HSR would have to work with FEC as they own fordia's rails and have for 100 or so years
>>
>>912100
>Uber
>a glorified cab service
>replacing public transit
lel
The FEC project links Miami (which has a decent transit system) with Orlando airport and its commuter rail system.
>>
>>912308
See, the Texas drives are shit, and this would be for the ultra long commuters (there is transit in both cities), and day trips (there are a non trivial amount of day trips between the cities). They want to use this as the basis for a Trans Texas HSR, which would be competitive against the short haul flights that exist in Texas
>>
>>911242
This is true, but they do have a few things going for them:
>both metros will have similiar populations to that of chicago within 30 years
>air traffic between them has been getting worse over the decades
>houston core is densifying
>both have light rail systems, and houstons is growing as the city densifies
But even with these things I am kind of on the fence about it. There's currently a passenger rail line between them, but its shitty. Maybe they should work on improving that instead of building a new one.

>>911242
>How are you going to get around once you arrive?
The bullet train won't be built for years if it ever does. By then we may have significant advances in automated vehicles and ridesharing along with better mass transit options.

>>911290
>Will they be able to build a terminal in downtown Houston?
Probably not. Amtrak already has a line connecting to downtown, but the new guys are looking at building a new facility right outside of the first beltway, which actually might be a better location, as it could give future light rail access directly to downtown and uptown (which are miles apart).
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.