[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is WRONG with America?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: american2.jpg (119KB, 494x743px) Image search: [Google]
american2.jpg
119KB, 494x743px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=29&v=e1AbLu5EZLk

You are covering Corando with paint stripe pollution

The grafitti on the streets does not help our property values

It brings to mind the visual cacophony that will look like, if you look there long enough it will induce a dizying type of vertigo

these BLACK streets with these brilliant WHITE lines, because believe me it takes away from your home, from your outlook on life

for me its very similar to personally taking all three of my daughters to a tattoo parlour and having them completely body tattooed
>>
>>899998
You're late, we already talked about this back when it happened.
>>
>>899998
They're right though, you know...
>>
>>900007
Why?
>>
>>900008
The citizens of Coronado have decided collectively they don't want bike lanes on their streets. The actual reasons for opposing bike lanes matter less than the fact that they can choose to oppose them being implemented by their city. The fact that the mayor has conceded to their demands shows that they have the backing of the majority of the residents. Bike lanes are a privilege, not a right.
>>
>>900010
>The actual reasons for opposing bike lanes matter less
No it does matter
You cant decide you want or dont want something for absurd reasons
>>
>>900010
>The fact that the mayor has conceded to their demands shows that they have the backing of the majority of the residents
These petty bureaucracies always back down at any complaint
>>
>>900013
>property values

There, that's all the justification anyone needs. Also, its not like the bike lanes had been there for decades and are now being removed for arbitrary reasons. The bike lanes are being added, pro-bike lane advocates are the ones who need to justify and defend their position.

>>900014
If that's the case then why haven't the pro-bike lane people done this?
>>
>>900015
>There, that's all the justification anyone needs.
Will bike paths lower property values?
If so, how?
>If that's the case then why haven't the pro-bike lane people done this?
I said back down at any complaint, not stand firm with any support
you could have 100 people saying yay and 5 old biddies saying nay and they'll listen to the 5
>>
>>900017
How will bike paths increase property values? If you are proposing something that costs taxpayer money to implement you have to defend and justify your position. Do you not understand that?

Also, its pretty obvious that most of the pro-bike lane advocates in Coronado aren't actual residents of the city but rather freds from the surrounding metropolitan area who want more bike lanes so they can more comfortably practice their hobby on weekends. If actual residents were pro-bike lane they would show up to those city council meetings to challenge those opposed to the plan. The fact that they didn't show up to advocate their position speaks volumes.
>>
>>900020
>How will bike paths increase property values?
how will they DECREASE PROPERTY VALUES?
ANSWER ME
>>
>>900020
>Also, its pretty obvious that most of the pro-bike lane advocates in Coronado aren't actual residents of the city but rather freds from the surrounding metropolitan area who want more bike lanes so they can more comfortably practice their hobby on weekends.
So they're people who want to come to Coronado and spend their money in Coronado and pay Coronado business for goods & services?
>>
#bikelanesmatter
>>
>>900021
I don't have to, the people have spoken and you still don't understand the concept that the person proposing something is the one that has to justify it. Sorry you couldn't implement your tyranny of the minority in Coronado, better luck next time. :^)

>>900022
>implying recreational cyclists spend any money in Coronado

Show proof that more bike lanes = more money. Again, you are proposing something, justify it.
>>
>>900024
>I don't have to, the people have spoken and you still don't understand the concept that the person proposing something is the one that has to justify it.
And the person proposing not to does as well
>Sorry you couldn't implement your tyranny of the minority in Coronado, better luck next time. :^)
ELEPHANTS!
See, thats proof you're wrong.
Cause people can just say whatever and they're right.
>Show proof that more bike lanes = more money
Show proof bike lanes = decreased property value

If its true the bikers are all from out of town then when they come into town they will spend money
>>
I agree with increased public spending on quality bike infrastructure, but the anti- poster is presenting a much more sound argument.

>>900027
>And the person proposing not to does as well
No they don't. Please read up on the null hypothesis and the burden of proof.
>>
>What is WRONG with America?

Based on this video, absolutely nothing. The system works.
>>
>>900030
The anti presented nothing it is pure rhetorical sleight of hand
>>
>>902543
This is a broken system why would you want this
>>
>>902550
Again, wat is null hypothesis and burden of proof. He doesn't have to provide a case for not implement cycle lanes.
>>
>>902579
but you do
>>
>>902581
I do what?
>>
>>900017
Residents will live longer due to the health benefits of cycling, and have less children due to impotence. They will also attract all of their cyclist friends. These cyclists will grow old, and stay in their houses to the very end, because they won't be forced into a retirement home by poor health.
At the same time, they will turn the town into a hotbed of extremist ideologies, focusing on sustainability and moderation instead of conspicuous consumption. Their houses will be crusty, their yards unfashionable, and the streets will smell of compost.

Checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>902579
Yes he does. The plans to paint stripes were in place and the city had every intention of executing those plans. Passivity would result in bike lanes. What the antis wanted was for the plans to change, which in this context was an active course deviation. In the video they use the expression "put on the brakes", which is a positive action, not a passive one, in the same way that a request to stop a moving train is what needs to be justified. It is not up to the other passengers to explicitly voice why the train should keep going to its intended destination.

Also, the null hypothesis usually refers to a general statement or default position that there is no relationship between two measured phenomena, or no difference among groups. That is to say, in this context: there is no relationship between stripes on the streets and the value of the adjoining properties. The burden of proof is on anyone who claims that one affect the other.
>>
>>899998
That they actually believe its not butter!
>>
>>899999
>>900000
>>
>>899998

Too much freedom.
>>
>>899998
I just want to go there and ride my bike down their streets.
>>
Any update on this?
>>
>>909154
Well it's 2016 now so they obviously need to build more bike lanes I mean come on.
>>
>>899998
>for me its very similar to personally taking all three of my daughters to a tattoo parlour and having them completely body tattooed

Pretty accurate analogy.
>>
>>908996
should ride nude like the people protesting against the hasidics in Williamsburg
>>
>>899998
idk
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.