[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cager attack

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 55

File: cyclist-attacked-1.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cyclist-attacked-1.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/08/09/police-issue-warning-after-cyclists-randomly-attacked-in-minneapolis/

So someone in my city is apparently driving around throwing cinder blocks at cyclists.

They fucked this one kid up bad.
Pic related
Thoughts?
>>
I live near Minneapolis. I was there today. Let's hunt down this cager faggot, OP.
>>
>>860895
Right?
I live in South Minneapolis, like 10 blocks from where this happened.

Freaked me the fuck out when I heard about it since I was biking on Bryant today.
>>
There are a lot of /n/iggers in Minneapolis. We should do /n/ group rides.
>>
>>860901
I'm so down.
>>
>>860903
you idiot you just responded to the cinder block killer he wants you all in one place so he can knock you off more easily
>>
>>860910
kek

also, shit's pretty fucked.

but also, look at that bearded hippie. kinda asking for it, no?
>>
>>860893
Looks like a cool guy to hang out it sad/10
>>
>>860930
Hes a provocative looking guy, but he is a cyclist that was exposed to the random violence of the cager rage wave that is going on all over the world, and as such I just consider him a bikebro. Even the inner city fixie girls who roll their bikes up every small incline are essentially bikebros imo.
>>
>>860930
He probably instigated it and then claimed victim after his ass got beat
>>
>>860962
he had a cinder block thrown at him
if you're driving around with a cinder block you're the instigator
>>
>>860965
I was coming home from the hardware store
>>
>>860965
Have you ever tried to throw a cinder block left handed while driving? It's rally tough. I garuntee that the cyclist is lying about what really happened.
>>
>>860893
Welp, I never for a second thought that I might actually have use for the gun that I always carry while cycling.
I'm in Ohio, not Minneapolis but the first time I see a cinder block its' gonna be:
>swerve
>draw
and maybe
>shoot
>>
god damn, this is so crazy. I have been punched three times, got knocked out once. Im a regular sized guy, I cant really fight, I dont filter myself with assholes and on top of that you are pretty defenseless if they come at you suddenly while youre standing over your bike frame.
cinder blocks, though. Id probably start riding around with a small video camera if that happens again.
>>
>>860962
>>860981
Except the same thing happened to multiple cyclists the same day (or several days) with the same vehicle.
>>
>>860981
It was a piece, not an entire cinder block. Your rally ilitarrate
>>
>>860982
>Welp, I never for a second thought that I might actually have use for the gun that I always carry while cycling.

then why do you carry it you faggot ? also muh grams
>>
>>860982
What are you going to do, shoot it out of the air?
>>
Where I live, only Mexicans ride bikes. We like to stick our asses out our cars and Ace Ventura them. Sometimes they laugh, sometimes they pull their pieces out of their track pants. About 50-50.
>>
>>861022
it was a fucking brick
>>
>>860903
>>860901
>>860898
>>860895
>>860893
Let's organize something. Email [email protected]
>>
>>861438

Ya'll niggas aint gonna do shit. Hope you faggots get caged.
>>
>>861443
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you fat lazy cager? I’ll have you know I placed top of my age group in the local Cat 1 race, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Goodyear, and I have over 300 confirmed destroyed death cages. I am trained in endurance cycling and I’m the top rider in the entire Tour De France pantheon. You are nothing to me but just another cager. I will wipe you the fuck out with speed the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of cyclists across the USA and your license plate number is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that hydroplanes out the pathetic little thing I call your death cage. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can smash your windshield in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my u-lock. Not only am I extensively trained in u-lock combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Cycling Team and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will smash fury all over your death cage and you will die in it. You’re fucking dead, cager.
>>
>>861438
Emailed
>>
CAGER DANGER
>>
File: bryant_ave_bike_boulevard.jpg (421KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
bryant_ave_bike_boulevard.jpg
421KB, 600x800px
Woah, this is kind of crazy to find out how many people from /n/ live in Minneapolis, right near me!

Does anybody else get a lot of car hate while riding up and down Bryant? It is suppose to be a bike through-way, yet a lot of people in cars do that thing where they ride right on my ass, then accelerate rapidly to get around me, only to wind up at a stop sign 6 seconds later. I am fairly new to the city, was this street special to drivers for some reason?

My favorite is when there is not room for two cars to pass each other on Bryant, so they both slow down, which winds up IMPEDING bike traffic through the area.

Also a lot of cars do that "rolling stop" thing, and I can't even count how many times I have almost been hit trying to cross at Hennepin and Groveland.
>>
>>860893
Can't you just shoot him?
>>
>>861448
5/10 tbh
>>
File: giphy.gif (998KB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
998KB, 500x263px
So what's the deal, did they catch the guy yet? There can't be that many white broncos with wood instead of windows in minnesota
>>
>>861448
>pantheon
>>
File: legitbiketool.jpg (218KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
legitbiketool.jpg
218KB, 900x675px
>>860981
Yeah, except the kind of chav cunts that do this in GB always travel in pairs, minimum. One drives, the others attack. I doubt America is magically different.
Attempted murder. Anybody that tries to attack me like this is risking a fightback they won't forget about. pic related.
>>
It was obviously one of those plane thread people
>>
>>860893
good lol
>>
U LOCK JUSTICE

L
O
C
K

J
U
S
T
I
C
E
>>
File: Problem Solver.jpg (809KB, 1836x1528px) Image search: [Google]
Problem Solver.jpg
809KB, 1836x1528px
>Bike Tool
>U-lock

it's like you want to get your head stomped...
>>
Cagers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldwQIx6ootQ
>>
File: 1360903140723.jpg (42KB, 381x380px) Image search: [Google]
1360903140723.jpg
42KB, 381x380px
>>869521
>those raillines so close to the bike lane
>that doorzone so close to the bike lane
What the fuck? Who in their right mind would bike there?
>>
>>869530
People originating from one end of the road with their destination at the other end.

Next question.
>>
>>869521
>I did look!

She looked so early, and was moving so slowly before the manoeuvre that yeah, the red car probably was right behind her when she started to move out of the bike lane.

Thanks to /n/ I've now realised that cyclists really do think they're all Sanic and always moving at 30mph+.
>>
>>870389
The car was stationary a second before she started to move. It was broad daylight and both of them could see each other clearly.

Thanks to your post I've now realised [sic] that cagers think every stretch of road is a drag race even when there's a red light ahead, because you've got to beat that cyclist to the light so you can yell at them.
>>
>>870389
Yeah, she should have gotten into the road right after looking. No point in putting it off.
>>
>>869521
Why do they feel the need to upload that.

Maybe we should all wear cameras on our heads and film every argument we get into and upload them to youtube.
>>
>>870396
>The car was stationary a second before she started to move

a) No it wasn't; her quick glance can't tell us how fast it was or was not moving (and nor could she know)
b) It was way more than "a second" between her looking and her pulling out without looking.

Just accept that she was wrong and move on. It's okay to do that anon.
>>
>>870445

a. You can see clearly that the car is at a standstill at the previous intersection, I'm sorry your eyes are broken.
b. Let's suppose it was moving, which it wasn't. From the other traffic clearly nobody is going much more than 25 mph, so if it was moving at a full clip, the cager had plenty of time to notice the blocked off lane ahead and anticipate the cyclist's move.

If it had been no bike lane, but instead a cage lane, this wouldn't have resulted in high drama with the cager yelling and rolling down his window, because somehow cagers are able to put themselves in the other cager's shoes and anticipate the other cager's lane change, assuming that, like 90% of cager lane changes and turns, no turn signals are used.

But apparently, when it's a bike lane that's blocked off and you have a full block of no traffic behind you, it's a shocker to see a cyclist actually move into the cage lane momentarily after looking behind them.

Let's just cut to the chase, ok? KILL ALL CYCLISTS THROW BRICKS AT THEM THEY MADE ME 5 SECONDS LATE FOR WORK BECAUSE I CAN'T SET MY ALARM

Are we done now?
>>
>>870445
yeah but she glanced again right before she went to move around that other car that was parked in the bike lane, just because the gopro didnt catch it doesn't mean she didn't see that car again. Also it's broad fucking daylight, that guy would have had zero problem being aware of her in the bike lane, seeing the car parked in her way, and then anticipating that she would have to move into the car lane to get around it.

OH WAIT, cagers have no forethought about road situations or hazards that other people will need to avoid
>>
>>870460
Is it hard work being a perpetual victim? Seems pretty stressful, tbh.
>>
>>870461
is it hard work operating a motor vehicle with zero situational awareness? seems pretty blissful tbh
>>
File: Untitled.png (9KB, 479x270px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
9KB, 479x270px
>>870464
This.
It's not 'victim syndrome' if you're an actual fucking victim, and I've had an eyebrow sewn back the fuck on to prove it, cunt.
Motorists are, by and large, unable, or really unwilling, to predict the movement of anything else but another car.

I cannot tell you how many times I've been boxed in by cars who thought, I dunno, that I would ride through a parked car? That I would pop up onto a grass strip when a lane ended, or perhaps float off into a house a t-intersection?

Pic is of a common scenario I see/hear about all the time. (And it's happened to me before more times than I'd like to think.)
Many a time, you'll be curiously riding maybe three feet or so from the curb, as you're to do. Instead of thinking, 'Hey, maybe this object cannot go through another object and would obviously need to come over', cars an otherwise safe distance back will speed up to cut your off or box you in. SHoulder check all you want, but they'll close the gap quicker than what is legal, because God dammit, hell if I'm slowing down for a cyclist with right of way, right? (When often it doesn't even involved slowing down, had they kept their same speed.)

I also see lots of problems with cyclists trying to make a left turn from the right lane, when there is an opposing lane of traffic. If a motorist does this, and there's no way around them, nothing happens.
If a cyclist does this, and if you wanted to be an unsafe cunt there is a way around them, all hell breaks lose. (I was once clipped when a car behind me flipped out and burned rubber away down the street, catching my back wheel, flipping me on my ass.)

There is just a clear, unjustified, hate for anyone on a bicycle in this country.
>>
>>870491
>There is just a clear, unjustified, hate for anyone on a bicycle in this country.

How do you propose to change this, then? Without pissing off even more the people who supposedly hate you.
>>
File: Untitled.png (11KB, 479x416px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
11KB, 479x416px
>>870491
This also happened to me personal
>waiting at the light to make left hand turn
>motorist behind me
>I go to make left as normal when the light changes
>motorist accelerate behind me and tries to get beside me and overtake me before I can make my self
>obviously, I am going too fast for this and we meet in the middle
>bars brush up against the vehicle, but I'm able to stay upright
>am now on the same street that this motorist needed to put in my life danger to be on
>driver proceeds to chase me for a couple blocks, shouting and beeping and trying to tap me
I was making random turns at this point, so it wasn't coincidence.
>>
>>870493
It has to start with the motorists.
I have my license, I took the test, and I know that cyclists and pedestrians are clearly mentioned in the driving manual, so that obviously isn't enough.

The only way I can do anything about it is to continue to cycle and have a presence, I guess.
I can't change their mind, I just have to keep myself alive.
Shame, though, when you do that, you kind of run into a catch 22. There are some right of ways I don't take, or something like that, when I sense a motorist does see or care to see me/recognize my right of way, and that keeps me alive, but it also is another example the motorist can look back on with justification if that's how he believes the road is to work.

I dunno about this.
>>
>>870389
She looked twice. If the motorist closed the gap so quickly as to be endangering her as she changed lanes he was going too quickly for the conditions.
>>
>>870494
something really similar to that happened to me as well, except she was behind me when we started turning and decided to try and undertake me as we were both going left. Soccer moms in big SUVs are the bane of my existence. Same as old women.

Ive noticed that, in confrontations with cyclists/driving habits around cyclists, men are assholes, women are oblivious
>>
>>870523
It's just safer for me to assume motorists will act like toddlers refusing to wait their turn in Candy Land.
>>
>>870523
>>870535
Cycling in the US sounds like suicide.

Maybe it's just because your drivers are just shit tbh
>>
>>870537
It's nearly the entire reason. (Or at least the one most easily dealt with, I think)
Let me explain how I obtained my driver's license

>11th grade high school: drivers ed
>never actually take drivers ed, skip class every day to go to the library or something
>pass class anyway
>go to DMV, never once looking an driving manual
>pass written test first try
>pass driving test never having driven
And here's were it gets spooky
>scared to drive, so I don't
>parents take me off insurgence cause I'm not driving and so I turn in my license somewhere around 2010/2011
>2015, realize driving does scare me, go back to get my license
>no need to retake driving test
>no need to retake written test
>pay five dollars
>full adult driving license, no restrictions

So, basically a 22 year old with minimum behind the wheel knowledge, and no 'official' road knowledge, as far as they're concerned, walked off the street with five bucks, and can now drive immediately, unrestricted.
Now, I think I turned out alright, but it scares the everloving shit out of me that it was that easy. You wonder how many maniacs get on the road? Well, know you fucking know.
>>
>>870541
Fucking hell.

I feel lucky to live in England (outside London) then. Cars stop for me and let me go and give me room when overtaking.

There have been the odd times when it's hard to make my intentions clear and car drivers have got confused but that's my fault not theirs.
>>
>>870541
i knew it could be easy, but i didnt think it was that bad

>>870535
yeah, i usually just wave them past me so i can hop in line behind them or look back at them and make eye contact so they KNOW that im there and we acknowledge each others presence. safer that way but it's still frustrating that they can't just look around every once in a while and see it for themselves.

I've noticed ive become very very very aware of my surroundings ever since i started biking everywhere, even when im not on my bike. Constantly scanning and making note of things.
>>
>>869521
This lady is stupid.
>>
>>870495
Yep

I know a chick who has
1. A DUI on her record
2. More crashes (presumably sober) than I can count
3. Money problems because her latest accident is always a cash deal to avoid a police report and more insurance problems, I guess

This is by no means rare in this country either

And yet, it's her "right" to have a cage while cyclists get ground to hamburger on an industrial scale

I think I've renewed my license 4 or 5 times since I got rid of my cage, it's unbelievable how easy it is. Just read some letters, slide your card, and you're all set for however many years (I forgot)

It needs to be harder to get and keep a driver's license, and it should not be a "right"
>>
>>870551
What gives you that impression?
>>
>>870575
Because she assumed that asshole in the car would act like an adult human being instead of a jackass.
>>
>>870552
>It needs to be harder to get and keep a driver's license, and it should not be a "right"
Heh, I have my license until I turn 65 then I just renew it every two years. It's fucking scary how long they are good for here.
>>
>>870543
>>870544
>i knew it could be easy, but i didnt think it was that bad

EVERYBODY fucking drives in America. It's a big deal to have your license revoked. Telling an American they can't drive would be like telling them they can't have a gun. Maybe even moreso. I know several orders of magnitude of people that own cars & not guns.

Taking people's licenses away for periods of a couple weeks-months at a time for patterns of unlawful/unsafe driving maneuvers/habits should be the status quo. Start reinforcing the idea that driving is a privilege, not a right. Cops could do their part too if stopping people for moving violations meant they acted a little more than a girlscout out doing fundraising for his local troop.
>>
>>863311
>accelerate rapidly to get around me, only to wind up at a stop sign 6 seconds later
Gets me so goddamn mad.
Bonus mad if they manage to halt me.
>>
>>870944
>I know several orders of magnitude of people that own cars & not guns.
0 to -10?
>>
>>870944
This, even anti-gun liberals will go into a murderous rage if you try to take their Priuses.

If cyclists are actually trying to gain support for their cause they really have to drop their anti-car rhetoric. You win no new support by demonizing the people who are necessary to get your initiatives approved. I gave a feeling that most people yelling "cager" on this board like being perpetual victims though, so the good news is that kind of person is irrelevant.
>>
File: 1385008896551.jpg (275KB, 2400x1467px) Image search: [Google]
1385008896551.jpg
275KB, 2400x1467px
>>871294
How can you see shit like >>860893
>>870491
>>870494
>>870552
>>871291
And still be 'Oh, they just wanna be professional victims!'
No, they are fucking victims. Shit happens, and shit happens frequently.
You're completely unjustified in acting like a dismissive cunt.
>>
>>870541
What state are you from? Sounds like bullshit tbh
>>
>>871377
NJ.
It's not bullshit, I've got it right here.
It happened exactly as I said so.
>>
>>871372
Nice image, mind if I save it?
>>
>>871468
It's all yours!
>>
>>871378
>New Jersey
well there's your problem
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYgF9E2-Fqs
>>
It's a few weeks old but fits the thread. Road rager hits a cyclist on purpose, cyclist falls down and dies in hospital. What's surprising is that they're actually charging the guy with manslaughter. Waiting to see how this ends.

http://yle.fi/uutiset/driver_accused_of_fatal_road-rage_attack_on_cyclist_remanded_in_custody/8230428
>>
>>872217
Oh damn, I'll be checking on that one.
>>
>>872217
>The cyclist died of head injuries at Töölö hospital on Thursday.
Did he wore a helmet?
>Under Finnish law, manslaughter carries a minimum prison sentence of eight years.
Come one now.
>>
>>872219
>Did he wore a helmet?
I'm pretty sure he did. I can't find any sources that say he didn't have a helmet on. And if he didn't someone would have mentioned it for sure.

>Come one now.
?
>>
>>872226
>>Come one now.
God damnit.
>>
>>872217
>What's surprising is that they're actually charging the guy with manslaughter
What's surprising about that? Finland is a developed country unlike America where the cager is never charged.
>>
>>872249
Except our legal system tends to treat any car related shit that isn't speeding with really low punishments. If you want to kill someone here better do it with a fucking car.
>>
>>860893
If only cyclists werent a bunch of faggots, then maybe they wouldnt get attacked.
>>
>>872329
>speeding

I think you mean drunk driving.
>>
>>860893
That's ridiculous
I would just punch you faggots or push you off your bikes.
No need to bring extra shit with me.
>>
>>872345
>>872353
Same homo.
>>
>>>/o/13360622
>>
>>872354
Nope. But we're having a good laugh about you tards over on /o/
>>
>>872359
>>>/o/13360757
/o/ lawdy
>>
>I don't understand why people get so mad when we don't obey traffic laws and ride more than double the legal limit abreast while doing well under the limit

Cyclists.
>>
File: wrong again retard.jpg (37KB, 494x231px) Image search: [Google]
wrong again retard.jpg
37KB, 494x231px
>>872354
>>
>>872365
i'm surprised this is your first jpeg with that filename or do you copy over the previous one every time you prove a retard wrong?
>>
>>872381
It was the first time I did it just for you
>>
>>872349
I know someone who has been caught drunk driving. Didn't mean shit. Cagers are above the law.
>>
>>872383
and people say cagers and lycrafags can't get along
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 255x207px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 255x207px
Cyclists btfo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dNFaAqS2f18
>>
File: Bronn.jpg (78KB, 570x768px) Image search: [Google]
Bronn.jpg
78KB, 570x768px
It is clearly the fault of the motorbike.
Why are you trying to justify your laziness?
Go ride a bike.
>>
>>872365
That's pretty strange.
>>
>>872365
This >>872521 you pathetic lying faggot.
>>
>>872365
>>872381
>>872383
>samefagging as hard as is humanly possible
>>
>>872490
>motorist looses control: threat to human life; causes thousands of dollars of damage.

I drive. I ride motorcycles. I ride bikes.

I've seen this video before. It takes place on the slope of a particularly windy, attractive yet treacherous mountain pass (in arizona?). The kind of place i wouldn't want to ride my bike or walk or be near in general because of all the shit head motorists that are juust too dumb understand that other people use roads; and basic spatial awareness, apparently, for that matter...
>>
>>867921
>tfw Texas
>if anyone tries to pull this on me I can pull out my gun and kill him
Even better now that we can carry on campuses (sane ones at least)
>>
>>860982
>maybe
Pussy
>>861053
Shoot the tires and riddle the windshield with bullets.
>>
>>868371
good ol velodog
>>
>>872545
I guess being able to kill assholes on the spot with impunity is your consolidation prize. Because you do have to live in Texas, after all...
>>
>>872548
Consolation*
>spellcheck just won't quit
>>
>>872548
Texas is best is best state, deal with it.
If some nigger tries to steal from my home I can chase him down even when he's off my property and gun him down.
>>
>>872556
You can repeat can repeat it as many times as you like it doesn't make it true
>>
>>872585
Good thing that doesn't apply to an already true statement.
>>
>>872586
if it were a were a "true statement" it would be a fact but the FACT that you won't call it such shows you don't believe it
Come on texas back up your bravado what would the alamo think of you?
>>
>>872598
But it is a fact.
>>
>>860895
>cyclist
>calling other people faggots
Kek
>>
shoulda stayed off the roads
>>
>>860893
get rekt faggots
>>
File: faggot.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>860893

Probably deserved it. Get a job.
>>
>>872742
That wouldn't have occurred if they all used the bus, fucking pleb.
>>
>>872745

>Transportation service built solely for plebs.
>Those guys are plebs for not using it.

Your brain is doing that thing it's not supposed to.
>>
>>872746
Private transport is inefficient, inefficiency is for the plebs.
>>
>>872749

Is this backwards world? You don't go though winter with a broken car riding the bus every day thinking "I can't wait to get my inefficient car back this is just too efficient I can't stand it!"
>>
>>871377
Not that guy but I got my full license without a test with an evaluater from the DMV because I took drivers ed. I was also able to get my restricted license at 15 that allowed me to drive to school, work and church alone.
>>
>>860893
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
>>
>>872772
Only plebs don't care about wasting.
>>
>>872742
That gif is every person that bikes in my city. Fucking should have run him over
>>
>>870552
In PA, Driver's license costs as much as a state ID card
>and cagers here drive like assholes
>>
>>872742
>a bunch of hobbyist/collector cars all together, on a scenic road, clearly not trying to get anywhere in particular
>being mad that there's some guy doing his own hobby on the same scenic road
Is the viewer supposed to get mad at the biker or something? It's obviously not some rush hour commuting situation, and the road is empty other than these car collectors and the bikers.

Someone from the relevant subculture please explain the problem to me, thanks. Where I'm from these car collectors tend to just hang out in mall parking lots and stuff. It would be like them getting mad that there's someone actually using the parking lot to park.
>>
>>872742
Fucking cagers, get out, get out
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>873093
I'm not an automobile collector or hobbyist, but while everyone is out on that road going nowhere in particular, different types of vehicles move most efficiently at different speeds in different situations and sometimes require different amounts of lane space.

The problem is the bicyclist at the very front of queue of car drivers, motorcyclists, and other bicyclists is occupying a place on the lane that prevents efficient use of the road. The lead bicyclist is riding in the middle, or possibly left 1/3 of the lane, making it unnecessarily difficult for a motorist to overtake while still leaving the bicyclist a safe buffer of space. If the bicyclist was in the right 1/3 of the lane, on the track where a car's right tire would be or even further to the right if the condition of the shoulder of the road permits it, the motorists would be able to overtake safely much easier by putting the left half of their car or more in the clear oncoming lane while still leaving >3 ft of room to the side of bicyclist.

Motorcyclists find it very difficult to ride this slowly for extended periods. Motorcycle engines cool from riding at normal operating speeds (>25 mph), so an idling or extremely slow-moving motorcycle in the sun will heat up very quickly and make a leather-suited rider extremely hot. Motorcycles would be able to safely and easily overtake a bicyclist riding in the right 1/3 of a lane by riding with their wheels on the center dividing lines of the road. However, if a bicyclist is riding in the center or left 1/3 of the lane--like is shown in the clip--then planning a safe overtake becomes much more difficult as undertaking on the right side is illegal and unsafe.

Since you are familiar with car collectors using parking lots to park, a good metaphor would be a car parking across three parking spaces when fitting the car into one space is just as safe, without occupying an unnecessary and inconsiderate amount of space.
>>
>>873102
>tldr
lel, it looks like a cycling event to me anyway ie some guy on a bike working it and tons of plebs following in their air-con cages
>>
>>873103
lel u r right u got me so funny haha
>>
>>873102
if you / your motorbike overheats in slow moving traffic then it's unsuited to city driving. It would be as stupid to ride around the city on a fixed Pursuit bike or drive around in an 80s car with an 80s radiator and no fan. Forget bicycles, how about just getting stuck in rush hour. There isn't always space (there is for bicycles though) to filter through traffic.

Find a glorious open road to open her up and cruise. Fuck riding a motorbike you care about regularly in the city. Craziness.
>>
>>873105
I agree with what you said. The road in the clips is a popular route for bicyclists, motorcyclists, and car drivers out for a ride or a drive. This situation is different than city driving or rush hour. Most road users ride and drive safely within their ability, and operate considerately and exercise caution and respect around other traffic that is moving slower or faster than them. Slower users usually hang as far to the right as is safe to enable faster traffic to overtake more easily. This is common courtesy on mountain roads for slower cars moving over for motorcycles, and motorcycles holding an outside line for faster motorcycles; not just for bicyclists holding an outside line for motorists.
The lead bicyclist in the clip is behaving anti-socially and the rest of traffic to move unexpectedly slow for the conditions.
>>
>>873108
>anti-socially and the rest of traffic
…anti-socially and *causing the rest of traffic…
>>
>>860910
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>873102
If you can't overtake or drive slowly with a motorbike then you need to consider an hero. Or if you bike overheats in slow traffic there is definitely something wrong with your bike.
>>
Did anybody catch the b*st*rd yet?
>>
>>870580
Scandifag here. My license expires July 2084. I am 31 years old. Yeah.

To be fair, acquiring the license in the first place requires quite comprehensive training. Mandatory courses driving in the dark, drifting on snow and sleet, even a mandatory road trip.
>>
File: 621px-centaur_skeleton.jpg (25KB, 564x544px) Image search: [Google]
621px-centaur_skeleton.jpg
25KB, 564x544px
>>876294
Is it even worth leaving the house in winter?
>>
>>876294
Still, though. Aging is one HELL of a bastard.
I've seen in my family people that were all there one day at age 60, then mashed potatoes in the head the next year at 61.
It sucks, but once you get old, you'll reach an age when it all goes to shit all at once.

I get that it's not worth the money to test everyone every year, but if 65 is the year you're pretty an official senior citizen, I don't think it's ridiculous to start testing annually at that point.
Shit can go to shit very quick.

I remember my parents going through the whole thing when my great grandmother started getting bad enough that she couldn't drive.
She started losing her eyesight first off, then she started getting batty in the head.
Wasn't really anything they could do legally but guilt trip the shit out of her about it.
Luckily, she went pretty easy with it, but she wasn't a Baby Boomer.

These fucks think they have a right to God damned everything and it's an affront to them if you suggest retesting once you become an old fuck.
Well, fuck you, I've been hit walking by an old dude. Luckily, he was going pretty slow and I walked away from it, but that's not always the case.

In the United States, we've set up our culture and laws to make people see driving as a right, not a privilege.
That needs to change right the fuck now.
>>
>>876299
The right to travel is protected in the US constitution.
>>
>>873219
AIR COOLED
I
R

fuckit
>>
>>876300
Yeah, you can fucking travel. You can take a bus, you can take a train, you can ride in a car or ride a bicycle, or take one of your fatpeople carts.
Their right to 'travel' does not supersede my right not to get run over my some old fuck who can't see something five feet away from his face.
>>
>>876318
I agree, and since that hasn't actually happened to you I would say the system works :^)
>>
>>876326
Except it has. See >>876299
Like I said, it was low speed, and I got the satisfaction of kicking the ever loving shit out of that dude'd quarter panel, but still. (I was walking straight along the road and he was pulling out of a senior apartment, trying to make a right onto the road I was walking along.) But if he didn't see me then, at low speed, when I was clearly there, it could have been worse somewhere else.
>>
>>875840
If you don't catch him have you guys considered breaking the mirrors off trucks that fit the description? Sooner or later it's bound to be the guy.
>>
>>876301
Yeah and if it overheats while idling in slow traffic there is something seriously wrong with it.
>>
File: photo_view_11133.jpg (97KB, 480x339px) Image search: [Google]
photo_view_11133.jpg
97KB, 480x339px
I was driving my dad's busted up Subaru home, about 7am. The engine was...not in good shape, so I was rolling along at about 40km/hr.
This guy behind me is riding my arse, so I briefly put the hazards on and stuck my arm out of the window to wave him past.
He takes a while to understand, floors it and passes me with some serious tyre-squeal. He gets about 20m in front of me, then STOPS (more tyre-squeal!) & gets out.
I was pretty shocked/freaked, basically got hysterical and started laughing.
He was already annoyed, but I think I saw a vein bulge when I started laughing in his face. He starts jogging towards me, so I put the car in reverse and back away, matching his pace. This continues for about 20 metres, with my laughter hitting eye-watering status pretty quickly. He finally realises that I can reverse faster than he can run and sprints back to his car.
He OPENS THE BOOT and flings some stuff onto the ground - he's looking for something...probably not a bunch of flowers...
I put the car in drive, floored it (I was, strangely, no longer worried about the knocking from the engine!) and drove straight to the copshop.
I have no idea what he was grabbing from the boot. Also REALLY glad that the beat-up Subaru had at least one last dash!
I know most people aren't this crazy, but the rage-heads ARE out there.

Cagers are simply just perma-mad!
>>
>>876592
>Abusing SI prefixes and unit symbols
He was probably just retrieving his hard copy of the SI Brochure.
>>
>>876790
km/h is right stupid autistic virgin fuck
>>
>>876798
Yes, if only the poster I had replied to had expressed it that way he might not have been obstructed in his travels by the righteous cager. Then again, he didn't use a space between the quantity and the unit symbol, so a verbal dressing down was in order at the least.
>>
>>876790
http://www.rdos.net/eng/Aspie-quiz.php
>>
>>876845
I think you've made some kind of mistake: this is the Transportation board. It's difficult to see the relevance of a test for Asperger's Syndrome (recently subsumed into the autism spectrum btw) to the subject of the board.
>>
>>876820
Ah I see, yes that was very informal of him, and very confusing. Thank you.
>>
>>869530

it's fortunate to find a bike lane in America. I'm not saying that's the worst thing in the world, but it's true
>>
>>876299
>These fucks think they have a right to God damned everything and it's an affront to them if you suggest retesting once you become an old fuck.
We should just stick all baby boomers in work camps and gas them when they collapse tbh lads
>>
>>870552

This "cagers" meme needs to fucking stop, but it would be nice to make the age to get a driver's license 17 instead of 16

Maybe a couple other changes to make it a test where drivers are taught more practical information about safety, etc
>>
>>877045
cager detected
>>
I've started noticing some strange shit going on with drivers in my city. You see, some of them (not all, not even most of them, but some) started moving away from the right curb and into middle of the lane when noticing a bicycle. Like, what the hell? I'm used they don't give a fuck. But this? Shit's confusing as all hell. Especially when done in front of the lights, like, asking me to get in front of them (probably to run me over starting from under them lights).

Also, to add to the anti-driver topic - last Friday I had one of the self-proclaimed street sheriffs cut me off as I was rolling thru traffic on his right. Not much harm done except spoiling my mood for the rest of the trip. And I did get past him, just on the other side.
I was expecting, however, he'd try cutting me off there too. He didn't.
>>
>>877290
I think they want you to go next to the curb?
>>
>>876845
>131/200 ASPIE

Selfdiagnosed a shit.
>>
>>877290
>self-proclaimed street sheriffs
Fuck these cunts.
They don't even know the rules of the road as they apply to motorists, they certainly have no clue when it comes to cyclists.
Had one guy get out of his truck and berate me for being on the street, and how I should be on the sidewalk and where the nearest park is.
>>
File: cager transport.jpg (266KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cager transport.jpg
266KB, 1600x1200px
A car sometimes just is nessescary.
>>
File: 13414857.jpg (24KB, 318x289px) Image search: [Google]
13414857.jpg
24KB, 318x289px
>>877298

126/200

"you're very likely aspie!"

y-you too.
>>
File: tafy 024.jpg (1MB, 2272x1704px) Image search: [Google]
tafy 024.jpg
1MB, 2272x1704px
>>876798
>Ky/h is righthis week,, the Kiloyard, combining American persistance in total Chaos, with Metric sanitiy.,, its like floride, DRINKUP!
,PIC> Arsnic flitration plant costing 500000$ to purchase and 50000$ a year in graft.
,,,,, didnt fly so gud.
>>
File: Theif.jpg (664KB, 1980x1109px) Image search: [Google]
Theif.jpg
664KB, 1980x1109px
>>880731
>didnt fly so gud
whatodo?,, Water company buys MY water company and blends the 2 waters to make OK ARSNIC level.
,so, my question,,, did we catch the Fkr yet?
>>
File: bewaredabacon.jpg (96KB, 610x495px) Image search: [Google]
bewaredabacon.jpg
96KB, 610x495px
>>880732
>>880731
>>
File: 1424470714166.jpg (557KB, 2012x1480px) Image search: [Google]
1424470714166.jpg
557KB, 2012x1480px
Kek, /o/ here, serves you selfish spandex wearing faggots right.
Cyclist genocide best day of my life.
>>
>>880750
>fiat

Sorry to clue you in on their GOAT incarnation/ usage

pick a pigfat american bullshit if u want to hate
>>
File: 1433397118724.jpg (48KB, 480x442px) Image search: [Google]
1433397118724.jpg
48KB, 480x442px
>>880754
It's a Renault you dumb faggot
>>
File: 000_PAR2003060603596.jpg (3MB, 2048x1343px) Image search: [Google]
000_PAR2003060603596.jpg
3MB, 2048x1343px
>>880759
Lol sorry i get the 'typically shit, sometimes awesome' euro makes confused.

My neighbor just got a Renaultsport megane RS and i am jelly as fuck.

Still, Renault? Even more cycling related. Renault had an awesome team in the 80s
>>
>>880759
all cages look the same to me

I saw a really expensive looking sports car as I was nearing the end of my commute home the other day and I was like "I wonder what kind of maclaren that is, or lamborghini or something lol".

I thought about what it might be for at least a half a block and thought back on my cager days. back then I would have known the exact make model and year and how many hemis are inside the double over head cams or whatever.

but I don't give a shit anymore, I see them as metal boxes with stupid people inside.

the thing I liked about it the most was how the doors swing up like an old eh, I can't remember exactly. some expensive car from the 90s. but it's impossible to door someone with those. all cages should be legally required to be like that.
>>
File: Michele-Mouton.jpg (3MB, 3600x2363px) Image search: [Google]
Michele-Mouton.jpg
3MB, 3600x2363px
>>880775
you know, /o/ faggots don't like bicycles because they dont have their shit together enough to own a good one & they jelly. Don't b like that bruh. Jealously aint cool
>>
>>880775
>but I don't give a shit anymore, I see them as metal boxes with stupid people inside.

A lot of cyclists need to rely on a vehicle besides a bicycle for transportation. A car doesn't equal stupidity.
>>
>>880778
I'm not really sure what you're trying to say here, but she can long easy left tightens double caution jump my absolute crest any time, if you catch my drift
>>
File: MICHELLEMOUTON.jpg (126KB, 1072x787px) Image search: [Google]
MICHELLEMOUTON.jpg
126KB, 1072x787px
>>880781
; )
>>
>>880781
i have no idea what you're talking about but the navigator could 30 left e-junction my right crest 80 at the trees ah jaysis fuckin christ mate in in in that's a good lad
>>
>>860893
Bahahahahahahahahahahaha

Fucking cyclists.
>>
File: 1433423111894.jpg (32KB, 497x500px) Image search: [Google]
1433423111894.jpg
32KB, 497x500px
Damn you cunts bandwagon harder than reddit jesus christ
if you want to be a little faggot mob on your cyclist thinking everyone is out to get you then fuck off you bunch of pussies
>>
>>881867
here is your attention
>>
>>880775

One time I was out riding in the sun and I saw this real fat guy cramming his gut in behind a maclaren. Then he squeezed by me on a suburban street, vroomed off straight onto the back of a queue of traffic where I overtook him again. I felt bad for him being so fat and not enjoying the sun on his skin.
>>
>>880780
but I do, sometimes I ride trains especially when I need to go somewhere that there isn't a good place to keep my bike
>>
>>881877
Type-I error vs Type-II error. One makes you more cautious than is warranted, the other makes you dead.
>>
>>870494
This can only happen as a result of both the cyclist and the cager making a mistake.
The cager ought to keep to the right whenever he can, other than when he's overtaking or turning. He isn't turning, and is not allowed to overtake at an intersection, so it's established that he has no business being on the left lane, even though it's not flat out illegal.
The cyclist ought to take shortest turn possible, which would be from the left lane on the vertical street to the left lane on the horizontal street (unless the horizontal street is two-way).

Being the cyclist, you should make sure to hold up your end of the bargain. It should not go against the legal commitment to ride as far to the right as safely practicable, because you put youself at considerable risk by being in a lane where you can get t-boned like that.

Logically, it follows:
>When turning right, do it from the rightmost lane, as far to the right as possible without running the risk of getting doored or boxed in by a parked car..
>When going straight through an intersection, go through the rightmost lane from which it's not allowed to turn right. If no such lane exists, go from the leftmost lane through which you can go straight.
>When turning left, do it from the leftmost lane, while riding towards the center or left of center so as to reduce the risk of cars trying to overtake you and smashing you into the lane to your right.

Practically, I guess you'd have to weigh this against the risk of incurring all those lane changes before and after the turn. I personally ride this way only when the roads aren't too crowded.
>>
Work harder. Buy a car.
>>
>>884838
I own a car, but biking to work is objectively better.

;^)
>>
>>884838

Good goy
>>
>>884850
>>884850

>>884850
>>
>>871294
This, there are obviously a shit ton of asshole drivers here and as a mototrist myself I do my best to point out how ridiculous and stupid it is when I'm a passenger in someones car and they try to pass cyclists that are moving just below, at, or even above the speed of traffic, or think that cyclists "should stick to the sidewalk where they belong".

tbh it takes a ton of balls to be a cyclist on the road in the US, I used to ride on big roads for a bit but decided that like riding a motorcycle it's just too dangerous, and one day the odds would catch up to me and at no fault of my own I'd get splattered by an SUV going 50 mph with no metal, seatbelt, or airbags around me to protect me. I still ride my bike around my neighborhood and on trails but I realized that for me, cycling on roads wasn't worth the risk. It's undoubtably much more important to many other people on here and it's a damn shame that road cycling is so deadly here, but unfortunately it's the realty right now so I just be as careful and curteous as I can to cyclists when I'm driving and try to educate other drivers about not being a dangerous asshole on the road.

Calling all drivers cagers doesn't reslly help anything, many people don't want to wake up hours earlier so they can take the bus or cycle to and from work every day instead of driving as well aa severly limiting the amount of errands or recreational activities one can travel to in a very short period of time in many American cities. I may not share the same interest in your hobby/primary mode of transportation, but I respect it and treat cyclists how I would like to be treated if I were riding a bike. There are many people who have little to no interest in cycling but can help make things safer by being more informed, safer drivers and changing American culture so that it's less common and accepted for drivers to get seething mad and aggressive every time they see a cyclist on the road who is doing nothing wrong.
>>
>>884850
What about the fact that you have to wake up earlier, you arrive at work soaking in sweat, you can't do as many errands or activities after work because of the low speed of bikes compared to cars, or that many people live too far from work to reasonably bike there and back every day?
>>
>>885061
>What about the fact that you have to wake up earlier,
My city is a real city so we have traffic jams for miles and cycle trails that allow me to arrive at work in half the time and with much less stress than if I drove
>you arrive at work soaking in sweat,
No I don't because I'm fit because I ride my bike if you tried to ride you would be covered in sweat but that's because you sit down to get to work and sit down at work then sit down to get home then sit down to watch tv then lie down to sleep
>you can't do as many errands or activities after work because of the low speed of bikes compared to cars,
Again bikes are faster so this "point" isn't really a point
>or that many people live too far from work to reasonably bike there and back every day?
Get a better job where you can make more money and can live in an apartment IN the city instead of the suburbs
>>
>My city is a real city so we have traffic jams for miles and cycle trails that allow me to arrive at work in half the time and with much less stress than if I drove

That makes sense, I might do the same if I lived there. However, I live in a city of about 200,000, one of the hundreds of medium sized, low density cities in America.

>No I don't because I'm fit because I ride my bike if you tried to ride you would be covered in sweat but that's because you sit down to get to work and sit down at work then sit down to get home then sit down to watch tv then lie down to sleep

I live in Florida, which most likely has a much higher heat index than where you live. I don't care how in shape you are, if you're biking several miles to work, you're going to break a sweat.

>Get a better job where you can make more money and can live in an apartment IN the city instead of the suburbs

But what if someone likes having a yard and a larger house? Just as you prefer to live near the center of the city in an apartment in order to be closer to the amenities an urban area offers, other people may have en entirely DIFFERENT preference of living in a suburb because they value a big yard with trees and a larger single family home for around the same price as an apartment or condo in the middle of the city! Imagine that- people have different preferences for the type of neighborhood and home they live in! Why, some people might not even want to have a neighbor within sight of their home, but obviously they would have to account for how far they are from services and amenities due to their quite isolated location!
>>
>>885070
>>885081
>>
>>885081
>But what if someone likes having a yard and a larger house?

Then don't live in a fucking city and expect to pay a higher price for everything because you want to live in an inefficient sprawling suburban nightmare.
>>
>>885061
>or that many people live too far from work to reasonably bike there and back every day?

That's like, their problem, man.

The rest doesn't apply to me.
>>
File: bainlite.jpg (517KB, 1186x1497px) Image search: [Google]
bainlite.jpg
517KB, 1186x1497px
JAIL!!
,, wheres the FUKN JAILTIME!
>>
>>885322
dem's some big ears. i name s/he "Gizmo"
>>
>>885322
Sweet cat.
>>
>>885081
people like you cause the majority of problems in America, and the rest of us have to subsidize you're inefficient lifestyles
>>
>>885095
>inefficient sprawling suburban nightmare
>>886336
>inefficient lifestyles

Why all this emphasis on inefficiency as though that is something that we should strive for in relation to living standards? The most efficient form of living would be for everyone to live in commie blocks or smaller sized apartment units, and even more efficient would be to kill 95% of humanity to save the planet's resources and use them more "efficiently." The logical conclusion to "efficient lifestyles" is mass extermination, so don't be a useful idiot by spouting that kind of crap.
>>
>>872545

> live in Texas
> ride around State Forest land hunting pigs on my bike
> carry AK47 slung over my back
> every vehicle I meet is a truck with a redneck in it
> everybody is bro tier
> guys stop and ask "Yew huntin on a bike?"
> I say "Yep! They can't hear me comin so easy."
> they say "That's purty smart... you take care, now!"
> literally the best place to ride ever

> lived in California
> bike lanes everywhere
> everybody was a raging cuntasaurus

Nah, I'll stay here in Texas. Thanks.
>>
>>886342
An armed society is a polite society, even for cyclists apparently.
>>
>>886344

Not really. If somebody out there wanted to hit me, I'd be hit and that would be that. I'm not going to get into a gun battle or anything.

Texas is different. Especially the East where I live. People just aren't so wound up. Like, I will pull over and even stop my bike if I'm on a narrow road and there's a vehicle coming. The way I figure it, I can afford the extra time and they have a harder time negotiating tight spaces. It's just polite to do this. Granted, I live in a very rural area where most roads are dirt. This is why I can bomb around with a rifle on my back and nobody says anything. And people here are genuinely nice, for the most part. Usually, when I pull over, the driver I'm letting past pulls over, stops and we talk. Totally random stranger with a rifle on his back in the middle of nowhere and they just stop and talk about the weather. A fucking Californian would have crashed into the trees and run screaming. Even the cities here are cool. Houston is great to ride in, regardless of what people say. I've never been honked at or harassed in any way there. California? Got beer bottles thrown at me.

The guns don't really play into it. It's the mentality. Texans tolerate personal firearms because the way we figure it, it's everybody's right to own them and if we don't like that, then we shouldn't buy a gun. Californians have no regard for other humans, so of course they'll curtail everybody else's rights just to make themselves feel comfortable.
>>
>>880750
This. I'm thinking of printing out kill markings for my lorry.
>>
>>886342
How the fuck do you carry pigs back home on a bike ?
>>
>>886382
A bike trailer is more than enough for a reasonably sized pig.
>>
>>886382

I don't.

They're pests. Drop 'em, drag 'em off the road and let 'em rot.

Vultures gotta eat, too.
>>
>>872217
This guys is getting his verdict today. Will it be a manslaughter or does he get off with something else?
>>
>>887039
And it's 4.5 years in total for negligent homicide, assault, dangerous driving and a hit and run. Also lost his license until next summer. Not that he'd really need on in the slammer.

Better than nothing I guess.
>>
File: seeds.jpg (633KB, 1750x1313px) Image search: [Google]
seeds.jpg
633KB, 1750x1313px
>>860893
still waiting,,, for the LYNCHING!
>>
File: happykil.jpg (816KB, 1750x1313px) Image search: [Google]
happykil.jpg
816KB, 1750x1313px
>>
File: viewspot.jpg (409KB, 1604x1044px) Image search: [Google]
viewspot.jpg
409KB, 1604x1044px
>>889151
still,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>
>>889151
>>889152
>>890777
Beautiful, does Mason Valley get much snow in the winter?
>>
File: GOAT.jpg (1MB, 1750x1313px) Image search: [Google]
GOAT.jpg
1MB, 1750x1313px
>>890779
can get upto,, 4 feet, in 1947.
,,i try noto think aboutit,, winter=selfdelusion., Praise Doge!
,,,sOP?, its a big white truck!! cant be that hard to find, with Millions of cameras straped to every pole?,, oooO,, right, justice for the few.
>>
>>884838
if a 90lb girl can force you into a truck you deserve to get gassed
>>
File: crash.jpg (211KB, 664x441px) Image search: [Google]
crash.jpg
211KB, 664x441px
A cager killed a bunch of kids yesterday

But of course "these things happen" and "it can't be helped", say the cagers who can do no wrong
>>
>>894271
What is your solution? Ban Assault Vehicles?
>>
>>894272
We could fucking start by making a license harder to get, and then keep.
Damn near, you fucking get your license because you asked nicely, and don't get it checked up on until you're fucking dead.
(We can go back to here, if you'd like >>870541)

Car culture is so pervasive that not only is shit like >>894271 swept away as usual, it's actually wrapped it's ass around to the point where it's anti-cyclist/pedestrian, more than it's pro-car.
>>
>>877045
16yo males are the insurance industry's highest profit customers. they lobby hard to keep the age that low.
>>
>>894279
how many tickets have you gotten with your bike, even after you run down an old lady what happens?
>>
>>894291
If the police thought giving me tickets were worth while or worthy, I would have been given a ticket.
I'm not some Premium Rush-level bike ninja, I'm not getting away from a cop on a mission. Same for if I seriously ran-down a pedestrian, I'm not getting up and away easy.
Bikes simply don't have the same capacity for danger to others and other's property as cars do, it's one of the reasons there are different levels of licensing for different modes of transportation. I would be down for new bike laws, so long as we upped drivers ed to the point where drivers would also have to know them, but as it stands; bike laws are just retrofitted car laws, and it's up to the officers' discretion to enforcement them, just like anything else.
Exactly the same =/= fair, champ.

It's especially laughable when you see the shit cars get away with on a daily basis.
>>
>>860893
Nice, fuck cyclists.
>>
>>892100
She could probably break your arm, she's a fucking witch
>>
>>894777
She'd need to break all 5 of my limbs and then my back to get me into that truck.
>>
File: 4DXPAvG.jpg (539KB, 1600x1270px) Image search: [Google]
4DXPAvG.jpg
539KB, 1600x1270px
>I was just trying to figure out which one was the fuel gauge when this wrought iron fence came out of nowhere! they don't pay road tax!
>>
>>872689
This
>>
>>896336
Beautiful, is this a movie set or a real recolor?

Just grabbing my attention: given the icy weather, these people are quite lightly clothed.

Also, "2 chainz" in front and back, what?
>>
>>896670
>real?
Check the motion blur on the guy behind the tree on the right; modern camera might not do that unless specifically made to. But don't know and it's great work either way!
>quite lightly clothed
Long underwear 'union suits' were ubiquitous back then, now I'm the only one I know who has them. They let you wear regular spring / fall duds down to -10C or so. Disadvantage is you can't take them off without stripping all the way down.
>2 chainz
There will be a third chain on the occluded rear right. The theory is the front left will mostly be on pavement not the ditch, it's not a powered wheel and can do without, and chain failure might interfere with the pitman arm steering mechanism. I chain up heavy trucks and never do the left steer.
>>
File: 926514-super_goof.gif (21KB, 294x324px) Image search: [Google]
926514-super_goof.gif
21KB, 294x324px
>>896678
>union suits
Now I'm imagining every guy in this picture is supergoof in disguise.

>I'm the only one I know who has them
With or without ash dump door?
>>
>>896689
Take off the outer layer and ya, superheros everywhere. But take off the inner layer and nudists everywhere so whatev... I have one heavy suit with the zippered trap door, and a drysuit undergarment without any door, but the vertical slit style with a button is almost as convenient and much more comfortable. I've got one of several on right now!
>Why did they even go out of style?
>>
>>896690
You kind of answered it yourself here: >>896678
> Disadvantage is you can't take them off without stripping all the way down.

I find it hard enough to wear Under Armor, with separate tops or bottoms. We've got all this awesome heating/air conditioning everywhere, everyone can have this space as warm as they want, trouble is, it's rarely uniform. It's a huge pain the ass when it's cold outside and I'm all bundled up, then I get to class or someone's house or a bar (Bars are actually the worst, because you've got to be warm enough to walk and wait for public transport, but then the bars filled with hot ass people who feel even warmer from the alcohol), and it's warm as fuck and I've got to get a little naked to sort things out.
I can only imagine it'd be even worse if I had to get TOTALLY naked.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6DqH3ljZgk
>>
File: 927.jpg (12KB, 680x364px) Image search: [Google]
927.jpg
12KB, 680x364px
>>886350
>>880750
why are cagers so forcefully tetchy and apprehensive all the time?

seek a therapist
talk to your mom again
and have a relaxing bike ride
>>
>>877042
>blaming Boomers

Gen X/Y faggot detected

>>872742
>get a job

Hate to break it to you but the cost of those bikes probably cost more than your 90's shitbox and girlfriend's convincement to say "I'll take the money, he won't find out" combined
>>
File: yaaya.jpg (438KB, 1260x848px) Image search: [Google]
yaaya.jpg
438KB, 1260x848px
>>
>>901936
>5 legged horse

Spooky.
>>
>>861438
go splatter some brains, anons
>>
File: 1432978819077.jpg (264KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1432978819077.jpg
264KB, 1200x800px
>>872689
j3j
nice mem
>>
All cyclists deserve this unless they pay road tax for their bikes.
Either pay or stay off the fucking road.
>>
>>902898
dang
>>
>>903515
What are you going to to, start putting a road tax on oatmeal?
>>
>>903552
So by the same logic, heavy vehicles shouldn't have to pay a road tax, because their owners and drivers already pay tax?
Either pay for it, or stay on the side walk like the delusional pedestrian you are.
>>
>>903515
Lmao really senpai
You own a car but can't afford tax and come on a chinese forum complaining about it?
>>
File: 2rally_377x226.jpg (81KB, 377x226px) Image search: [Google]
2rally_377x226.jpg
81KB, 377x226px
>>880781
ayyy
>>
>>903579
I run a fleet of heavy vehicles.
I pay over 100k road tax per year.
>>
>>903693
>I literally destroy the roads for a living
>but people who have no impact whatsoever should subsidize my unethical business
You should pay a railroad tax
>>
>>903705
kek

tbhwy trucks should subsidize railroads via taxes or other means. Subsidizing trucks against railroads from the 1950s to the present has been one of the biggest blunders in US history.
>>
>>903705
You're on the road.
You cut off my trucks and because you dumb shits don't understand the road rules, nor have you even taken a licencing exam, you don't understand that my trucks need a LOT of space to stop.
If you cut in front of one of my trucks, or someone's bus, they have to slow down - increasing road congestion.
The worst is when you stupid ugly cunts line up together do you can chat, whilst cars have to overtake you.

Cyclists are the cancer of the road - literally none have taken a licencing exam, none of them know how they cause congestion on the road and all of them act high and mighty when you explain how much of a dick they're being to the other road users who are licenced and paying to be on the road.
>>
>>903720
>If you cut in front of one of my trucks, or someone's bus, they have to slow down - increasing road congestion.
That's not how it works, though. What really happens is your truck stops in the bike lane, the delivery guys block the car lane with their huge boxes, and the traffic is backed up 3 blocks with honking and yelling.

Those of us on 2 wheels come filtering through in the gaps, and get to work on time, while you're causing a drain on the economy.

Please try to find a better way, instead of just expecting everyone else to stop what they're doing so you can leech off the workforce.
>>
>>903724
Hate to break it to you, but it's 100% legal for a truck to stop in a cycling lane to unload in almost every city in North America.
You are the guest on the road.
Your lane is just a courtesy, not a right.
>>
>>903733
While that's laughably incorrect, it also doesn't change the fact that you're making thousands of people late for work, while those of us on bikes are actually fixing the problem you created.
>>
>>903724
I said heavy vehicles, not glorified vans.
Besides, thanks for proving my point that cyclists don't understand road rules and traffic flow.
>>
>>903724
>Logistics
>Causing a drain on the economy.
We facilitate the entire damn economy.

There is not a business in existence that can operate without relying on a logistics or distribution chain.
I'm pretty sure I could do fine without another "barista" in the economy, though.
>>
>>903754
Actually you and baristas have a lot in common: no education needed, low wage, and a sense of entitlement. Oh and one other thing: there is no need for you to be on the road, blocking traffic, during rush hour when the actual productive people are trying to get to work. So just stop that.
>>903750
Seems to me I understand it a lot better than you:
>According to the New York City Traffic Regulations [Section 4-08(e), (l)]:
>Obstructing a bicycle lane is illegal
and subject to a fine
>Stopping, standing, or parking in a designated
bicycle lane is prohibited
>Bicycles are allowed to use other lanes if the
bicycle lane is obstructed or otherwise not safe
to use
>Commercial vehicles, when permitted to double park, still must not obstruct a bicycle lane
inb4 you're actually somewhere that doesn't have traffic and therefore ranting about a "problem" that doesn't exist
>>
>>903693
No one pays road tax.
>>
>>870535
Or you assholes could obey the god damn law. I live in a city with a lot of cyclists and the only time I get fucking pissed is when they do blatantly unsafe shit. Hell, just on my way to work, cyclist is riding on the sidewalk (despite there being a designated lane for him), comes to an intersection. I turn on my light and slow down and start to turn. He makes eye contact with me then immediately, without stopping his bike just goes right in front of me to start crossing. He didn't brake, he didn't do shit, just assumed I was going to come to a complete stop on a green light for him while he hauls ass through the intersection. Fuck people like that. Another case in point is where some asshole cyclist threw a damn water bottle at me because how dare I come to a complete stop at a stop sign and he almost wipes running into the rear of my car before blowing right past me and through the intersection without even fucking stopping.
>>
File: 1448036655242.gif (67KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
1448036655242.gif
67KB, 300x100px
>>860893
>cinder blocks
why not cylinder blocks?
would be more /o/ related
>>
File: 1437967118622.jpg (25KB, 545x540px) Image search: [Google]
1437967118622.jpg
25KB, 545x540px
I need to visit home depot and buy some more blocks
>>
>>860893
Waste of a cinder block to be honest.
>>
>>869521
She sounds like a cunt though.
>>
>>904098

>road raging even when not driving

Cagers man, put them down like the animals that they are.
>>
Im ok with this. Tbh cycle degenerates should be randown and beaten.
>>
>>871291
As somebody who recently became aware of hypermiling, this behavior perplexes me even in a car. Folks behind me get super pissed that I'm doing 35 in a 45 (because a 45 means you do 50+ at all times), they speed past me and literally seconds later arrive to a hard braking halt at a stop light. So many people in cars have no patience and zero awareness or foresight. It's ridiculous. I'd be riding to work already if I wasn't convinced that dumbshits would kill me in the process. Akron-Canton here, so maybe it makes sense being in a former rubber capital that drivers are stupid and numerous.

I will say that I've had some nice drivers when cycling on the road. I've had my share of dumbasses too, but that was an early case in which I was actually at fault. As far as other drivers go, I'm amazed at what I see anymore. It's not even about getting places it seems, only about the trip there being exciting.

>>870944
This, driving is the most important thing you can do in America. Driving is the most important rite of passage to being a functioning adult here. An American without a car might as well be an invalid. The reason for this is multi-faceted, from the influence of the Big 3 auto makers, to the massive size and empty space of the United States necessitating fast easy travel, to the individualism idea which is core to American ideals. You basically need a car to be an adult here, unless you're in a big city or something.
>>
>>881874
Yeah but at least he has his overrated status symbol to make him feel like he's got a big dick
>>
>>909988
Cagers consider it an "accident" when they kill someone due to negligence. It's a shame when their paint gets scratched but that's what the insurance is for. To pay for "accidents" they caused.

Ironically if you put the tip of your finger on a cager's hood while he's road raging in gridlock, he'll pull out a gun and shoot you if he's got one because it's assault.
>>
>>912540
8/10 I am sure that little rant will get some people.
>>
>>905847
>I'd be riding to work already if I wasn't convinced that dumbshits would kill me in the process. Akron-Canton here, so maybe it makes sense being in a former rubber capital that drivers are stupid and numerous.
Yeah I used to ride in northern ohio, I had retards throwing shit out of their windows at me and sometimes they'd circle around for another pass. If you ride a bike there I'd advise you to carry a personal firearm and front and rear mounted cameras for the inevitable funeral and/or trip to court.
>>
>>912540
>Ironically if you put the tip of your finger on a cager's hood while he's road raging in gridlock

That's not cagers, that's just assholes. I saw a parked bike that looked pretty comfy, I sat on it for a single second to see if I should buy one and this asshole ran out screaming like a manchild because apparently using the saddle for its intended purpose will completely destroy it if the person sitting on the bike didn't buy it. Some people just get overly touchy about their stuff.
>>
File: Carolina.jpg (121KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
Carolina.jpg
121KB, 960x539px
fucking cager swerved at me deliberately after I gave him a "what the fuck dude" look for turning right in front of me while i was going through a yellow

Rolled down his window and started screaming at me I ran a red and swerved at me again, so I booted his door

Then he followed me for a couple clicks. I was on my hardtail so the best I could do to get away was cut through a park and come back up to the road from a cul de sac at the other side, and the psychopath was fucking waiting for me at the top. Stops his car and starts yelling at me to come talk to him and I just hold up my middle finger and keep riding in a low gear

He gets out of the car and actually tries to run me down it was fucking insane

I was like "you're too fat cager fuck" and booted it away, never to be seen again

all i can say is wot
>>
File: MFW.jpg (17KB, 367x388px) Image search: [Google]
MFW.jpg
17KB, 367x388px
>>912918
>look for turning right in front of me while i was going through a yellow
>>
>>880738
oh boy that is gay damnn
>>
>Thoughts?
he was asking for it
>>
>>912919
what a player can't go thru a yellow without having to slam on his v-brakes for some cage maniac?
>>
>>912923
>go thru a yellow without having to slam on his v-brakes for some cage maniac?
>>
>>860949
This and always this.
Thanks for posting man.
>>
File: bikegunn.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
bikegunn.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
>>860893
WHERES THE ARREST!,
,5 months ,,, ignore??
>>
>>916225
Looks pretty nice for a commuter.
Can you fire the rifle off the frame? If not, how easy is it to take it out? US Anons better consider something like this.
>>
>>912907
I know. People behave the same way when I go in to their house and sit on their couch.

We should seriously just abolish property rights.
>>
>>860930
no
>>
File: winder.jpg (1MB, 2081x1176px) Image search: [Google]
winder.jpg
1MB, 2081x1176px
Cameras, EVERYWHERES,, why no arrest!?? ,,
,why?,
,,,i put my 10$ in the pot!, WANTED!, Caged or Alive!
>>
>>918098
good to see you, bacon. i haven't been by for a while
>>
>>877327
that must suck, having a propeller spinning in front of your face as you ride.
>>
brick thrower is a hero
>>
>>918500
shitposter is a massive faggot
>>
>>918505
Hey somebody's gotta keep this bread alive.

How are we ever gonna beat /i/ with that attitude.
>>
File: rik.jpg (579KB, 1591x1077px) Image search: [Google]
rik.jpg
579KB, 1591x1077px
>>918131
winterspace suitis Constricting., still a few leaky spots,, COLD spots.
,,,,Doge, give me the flees to keep scratching.

, so?,, Throwing bricks at people, is ok in Minnysorta/.
, 5 monthslow.
>>
I think more asshat bikers should get bricked. maybe then they will learn rather than be jackasses
>>
the biggest problem is entitled fuck wit cyclists thinking they matter more than the rules of the road. wanna play with the big boys then either play by the rules or grow up and get a car.
>>
>>912907
bro wtf man

im a chill guy but u cant just sit on anybodys bike..

i mean what

have some respect

bro

ok?

w o w
>>
File: growly.jpg (715KB, 1393x1025px) Image search: [Google]
growly.jpg
715KB, 1393x1025px
>>
>>860893
Serves them right for pretending to be cars all day then running reds when they feel like it

Also get your fucking hands off my car when you actually decide to stay at reds lest you get a fucking cinderblock to the noggin
>>
File: Snake Hunter.jpg (923KB, 1761x1417px) Image search: [Google]
Snake Hunter.jpg
923KB, 1761x1417px
still,,,,,,,,, waiting for arrest.
,is Minisoter so ,, So backward?
,, canthey just pick up some,"cager,, and frame up?,
,at least pretend?
>>
File: paul_wellstone_final.jpg (31KB, 389x320px) Image search: [Google]
paul_wellstone_final.jpg
31KB, 389x320px
>>921989
>,is Minisoter so ,, So backward?
This is the state that engineered the murder of a progressive politician (Wellstone) and his entire family, third-world style, and made up lies about honest DFL congressman Bill Luter so that batshit crazy neocons like Norm Coleman and Michele Bachmann, could take over the state. So yeah. You could say it's kind of like the South Waziristan of the USA.
>canthey just pick up some,"cager,, and frame up?,,at least pretend?
That would be great wouldn't it? But cagers got away with murdering a United States Senator and his entire family, and now they're getting away with murdering cyclists. The best thing to do is stay the fuck away from flyover country. It is absolutely not safe there.
>>
>>860893
someone's doing gods work.

he's lucky it was a brick and not an SUV
>>
>>860893
Shred trails at a bike park and niggers can't do drivebys with cinderblocks... /thread
>>
>>927538
Bike parks don't go anywhere
>>
>>927539
The trails do. Fuck roads m8, people can't drive for shit in my town. Plus there is 160+ trails just outside of town.
>>
This has seriously got to be the longest lived thread on /n/
>>
>>927543
Definitely not, there have been plenty of threads over a year old and this isn't even there yet.
>>
>>847054 Is currently at 224 days I think. This one is only at 199. There are a few older.
>>
>>927543
sort the catalogue by creation date and you'll fine 5 older threads
>>
>>867791
Problem?
>>
>>927543
I kept bumping a bmx thread everyday for the better part of a year just to piss off the autists on this board... I was kind of glad when it reached the limit so I could stop trying to find bmx videos
>>
>>886340
efficiency in living standards means getting to places faster and having better infrastructure you autist
>>
File: Corbis-0000264043-005.jpg (108KB, 640x417px) Image search: [Google]
Corbis-0000264043-005.jpg
108KB, 640x417px
>>886340
> The logical conclusion to "efficient lifestyles" is mass extermination
I would be ok with mass extermination of cagers. If US soldiers are too squeamish perhaps President Sanders can invite in an international peace keeping force from the UN. This would be an important step in evolving as a country. The endless suburban grids where you have to drive 2 hours to buy groceries, these can be turned into game preserves for endangered species.
>>
>>927866
>bumping every day
Half the fun is leaving the bump to the last minute. It takes about 10 days for a thread to reach the last page.
>>
>>928603
I'd be too afraid that I would forget the thread existed.. but my fun was really all the rage I got in return.
>>
>burning the fossil jew
>paying the government and militant islam every time you drag your worthless lazy ass down the road

If only people understood that burning oil funds arab muslims.
>>
File: 1456618900543.jpg (316KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1456618900543.jpg
316KB, 1920x1080px
voyager from /o/, came to see the butthurt but stayed for the autism test

>>876845
>Do you instinctively become frightened by the sound of a motor-bike?
>Do you have an urge to jump over things?
>Do you have a good sense of how much pressure to apply when doing things with your hands?
>Have your thoughts ever been so vivid that you were worried other people would hear them?
>are you Lennie from Of Mice and Men?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 73 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 160 of 200
You are very likely neurotypical
>yaaay i'm a fukn normie i'll show myself out >reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>paying the government and fundamentalist muslims every time you want to get somewhere

It's sad that being a cash-cow for the rent-seekers is now the norm. I suppose that an atrophied body makes for a degenerate mind, because it's even worse that these cash-cow-cagers get mad at able-bodied people using their god-given legs to get around.

What cagers don't understand is that the roads are life and death. Cyclists understand this and the harder cagers push, the harder cyclists will push back. Until you end up with every city closing down lanes for exclusive bike use, as is happening all over.
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.