[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats up /n/authists! What is Copenhagen doing right? Pic related.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: cph.jpg-large.jpg (55KB, 440x451px) Image search: [Google]
cph.jpg-large.jpg
55KB, 440x451px
Whats up /n/authists!

What is Copenhagen doing right? Pic related.
>>
they have a blend of moderate density, flat geography, and mild temperate weather that makes it easy for them to increase mode share of cycling with minimal investment
>>
File: cykelslangen-06.jpg (604KB, 1920x1152px) Image search: [Google]
cykelslangen-06.jpg
604KB, 1920x1152px
>>1029377
every cyclist had to be in copenhagen once in their life. its the mekkar for cyclists. Its so cool and fun to ride there. Hope other EU cities develop like this
>>
>>1029380
>mild temperature
>copenhagen
was there during winter, shit was fucking cold as fuck.
>>
>>1029419
The thought of riding that bicycle path scares me.
>>
>>1029421
Does Copenhagen even get snow every year? Even if it gets snow all you'd need is long sleeved jacked and some tights.
>>
File: 1474895546397.jpg (44KB, 590x590px) Image search: [Google]
1474895546397.jpg
44KB, 590x590px
>>1029377
Of course, gubement addict citizens so they don't have money to pay compulsory liability insurance. Now form 6 hour country become 2 hour country for conquer. Next step of master plan is registration of bicycles and forced implantation of RFID chips.
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2009/feb/05/denmark-state-funded-heroin
>>
File: modal_share.jpg (59KB, 866x419px) Image search: [Google]
modal_share.jpg
59KB, 866x419px
>>1029377
Protips:
>having a high modal share in biking does NOT reduce car traffic
>Copenhagen has 42% use of automobiles, that's A LOT for a small city
>Copenhagen has more car use than Barcelona, which is a city made for cars.
>Only public transit actually lowers auto use
>OPs graph shows that rising bike use barely affect autombile use (between 1995 and 2005 auto use goes UP as well as bike use)

COPENHAGEN IS A MEME

prove me wrong, lycrafags
>>
>>1029463
Oh and I forgot
>most bike users weren't previously car users but rode public transit or went by foot
>>
>>1029463
>prove me wrong, lycrafags

You will have a hard time finding anyone except bike messengers wearing lycra in Copenhagen. Or any other city where a lot of people bike.
>>
File: ZTW2Ixh.jpg (214KB, 608x811px) Image search: [Google]
ZTW2Ixh.jpg
214KB, 608x811px
>>1029419
>mekkar
>>
>>1029421
Cold is easy to deal with by bundling up a little. Rain sucks more than snow, but still not too terrible to deal with except for freezing rain. That shit sucks. The big weather feature that Copenhagen has is that it never gets hot, so you won't break a sweat riding to work. That's the main problem that most people have with cycling, aside from death by cage.
>>
>>1029471
triggered mudslime detected
>>
>>1029419
But the best part about city riding is fighting cagers
>>
>>1029467
I know, I was just throwing some bantz in good fun.
>>
>>1029516
>Cold is easy to deal with by bundling up a little.
Depends on how windy it is. I've been very cold in Copenhagen despite being bundled up.
>>
Copenhagen is a nice city for cycling. I think one of the things i like most, is the mentality towards cyclists. Everyone has bike back home that is being ridden in some way, even all the cagers, so everyone knows whats its like to be a cyclist. Of course taxi drivers hate cyclists, but in general, I think theres not much hate.

The city is also very flat, so there are practically no hills to make you struggle.

Weather is 20-25 degrees C in the summer, and -5 to 5 in the winter, so no extremes, but enough for a little snow and heat to make you sweat.

I would like to see similar data for Amsterdam, I get the impression that a lot more people cycle, when i go there.

>I live in Copenhagen
>>
>>1029543
And I got baited. Good day to you sir.

>>1029592
But thats just the wind. Temperature never really get that low here.

>>1029638
>The city is also very flat, so there are practically no hills to make you struggle.
Come on.... Valby Bakke.
>>
File: Office-Chair-Race-780-001.jpg (100KB, 780x519px) Image search: [Google]
Office-Chair-Race-780-001.jpg
100KB, 780x519px
>>1029665
>Valby Bakke
that's more like a lump in the road where i'm from
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.