[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which AnCo album has the best closer?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 5

File: animal-collective.jpg (745KB, 1773x1200px) Image search: [Google]
animal-collective.jpg
745KB, 1773x1200px
Which AnCo album has the best closer?
>>
STGSTV

Nothing in their discog beats Alvin Row
>>
oh BABY!!!! UHHHUHU!HU!HHHUHUHUHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEH
>>
Either Strawberry Jam or MPP
>>
A tie between Alvin Row and Brother Sport.
>>
>>62069683
this is objectively correct
>>
>>62069640
UNTIL YOU'RE FULLY GROWN
>>
>>62069640
>>62069658
>>62069665
>>62069683
>>62069690
Its centepede hz you idiots.
>>
>>62069759
Amanita is probably their worst imo. It sounds like the colors orange and grey and army green for the first 4 minutes. The ending's kind of cool but no where near the cool turn of an ending that Turn into Something is, for example
>>
Spirit with Alvin Row. No contest.
>>
OPEN UP YA
>>
>>62069759
this
>>
painting with desu, recycling isn't a brothersport or amanita but it rounds the whole album of constant excitement with some cool calm collected vibes

just wait guys, this one's gonna be big
>>
>>62069759
Dawwwg, Amanita is the worst closer. Even Whaddit I Done is better.
>>
>>62070476
can you please leak it? i've heard the ending described as "funny instrumental" which sounds amazing.
>>
>>62069658
Not even one to ride the STGSTV train too much, but this really is the only answer. Brother Sport and maybe Turn Into Something are the only others that maybe come close
>>
File: Panda2.jpg (1MB, 3150x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Panda2.jpg
1MB, 3150x2100px
>>62069759
this anon speaks the truth

Alvin Row is good, but it's nowhere near as great a closer as Amanita
>>
Alvin Row is the only answer, it's fucking perfect.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6659391

vote, fags
>>
>>62069665
This
>>
>>62070929
can't leak
also it's not instrumental! there's actually lyrics about recycling (they're not super preachy or anything)

it does kinda sound like a funny synthy 90's cartoon show opening song
>>
>>62071781
post snippet on vocaroo
>>
where is seal eyeing, thats my vote
>>
>>62071949
>>62071781

please seriously like three seconds
>>
>>62071949
this please
>>
>>62071781
i'm not asking for a leak but, do the tracks transition into each other?
>>
>>62072319
EPs aren't part of this discussion. Main albums only, nerd.
>>
this thread was over with the first reply
>>
>>62072542
*seventh reply
>>
>>62071949
>>62072334
>>62072499
>believing this guy
>>
I'm a Centipede Hz spammer (that genuinely thinks it's their best album), but Brother Sport is CLEARLY the best closing track.
>>
>>62072602
he's not lying, basically matches sonic boom's description of the song when he talked about it on collected animals the other day
>>
>>62072519
If we're going to discuss the best closers, we have to include all their work. Their EP's are just as valid.
>>
>>62072683
it's too late now, and besides, Amanita is the best anyway
>>
>>62072735
Why?
>>
>>62072795
you clearly don't understand it
listen to it right now then come back and tell me it's not the best
>>
>BEST CLOSER
Alvin Row
Turn Into Something
Brothersport
De Soto De Son
Amanita
Derek
Too Soon
In The Singing Box
What Happened?
Pumpkin Gets A Snakebite
Whaddit I Done
>WORST CLOSER
>>
>>62069640
brothersport
>>
>>62072821
centipede is a great album. dont get me wrong, its a 10/10 for me. but spirit is the most noisy, raw, pure sounding anco album. Indian, and manatee are their own category. bu to me spirit is their peak. feels was their first transition to a more accesible style. but like i said, im not hating. anco is my favorite band. but sprit is my fave album.
>>
Amanita for me, rest of that album so meh tho
>>
>>62072920
switch Alvin Row and Amanita
>>
>>62072635
well maybe he just copied what that guy said
>>
>>62072602
i am working my dream job right now and one of my favorite bands gave us a copy and i just can't :^( i totally get where you guys are coming from but i really can't leak it, i feel too honored and shit
>>
>>62073077
it doesn't seem like it comparing the posts but whatever it doesn't matter
>>
>>62072499
haven't heard it but based on the interviews it sounds like most of the album won't have any transitions--they wanted standalone pop songs
>>62071781
seriously three seconds would make my night
>>
>>62073513
>>62073112
like i said here >>62073084
i would love to, i have been in your spot super excited for new anco but when you're job's on the line it's completely different
>>
>>62071595
that is a great panda u posted but ur opinion is not that good :(
>>
>>62073760
no problem man you are only doing the right thing anyway
>>
anyone else hopes that they age like panda bear

i dont want to look old :3
>>
>>62071781
please dude please
>>
>>62073760
that's cool no worries. I'm legit refreshing their forum and any ac threads like ten times an hour, no joke. it's sad. so any kind of detail or description you can give of any of the songs will go a long way for me.
>>
Alvin Row, hands down
But a close runner up is Turn into Something
>>
Centerpede Hertz because it means it's finally over
>>
>>62073760
And what are your thoughts on the thing? Is it good?
>>
SPOTSBRA
>>
File: Animal-Collective-feels_06.jpg (60KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Animal-Collective-feels_06.jpg
60KB, 316x316px
did anco invent the feels meme?

because feels is the perfect way to describe this album
>>
File: costanza.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
costanza.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>62073072
>>
>>62073760
can you give us some details/thoughts about it? is it "less soupy" than their other albums? Does it sound like a cartoon caveman album? What is your least favorite song? Is bagels in kiev a borderline hip hop song like the amazon sample suggests? What is laying in the grass like?
>>
>>62074519
definitely, i can give you an overall vibe of the album:
first off it's super gurgly but oddly really clear in the mix, i could hear everything going on really well and without much clutter

the two halves of the album are a little different, the first half definitely feels less sampley and more like strawberry jam mixed with MPP

one of my favorite things about it (but i've heard someone say this is a downside to them) is that these are the most direct tracks anco has ever done and the 42 minutes this thing is on is filled to the brim

it can feel overwhelming when there's no ambient tracks or moments or even just something simple like long intros to get you into the song

it just grabs you from the start and you blast through

anyway, if you got any other questions i'd be happy to answer
>>
De Soto de Son

>>62069658
I actually think Alvin Row is really overrated desu
>>
>>62074862
sweet dude. details like the no intro thing are definitely interesting. I always like their long intros (what would I want sky) so it's a little disappointing but I'm not surprised, and I"m sure it works for the album. Least favorite song and why? Based on the leaked amazon samples Laying in the grass and bagels in kiev sound like the most un-ac thing i've heard them do--any details on those songs you could mention?

thanks dude! it's posts like yours that make the wait slightly less torturous
>>
>>62074948
least favorite would probably be spilling guts only because of how short it is, feels a little less developed but i wouldn't say it's a fault in the album or anything

nice track, i just don't think i'd ever listen to it on its own

laying in the grass and bagels in kiev and even stuff like natural selection feels like a completely different paradigm of anco, it still feels them but in a less stylistic way

i enjoy this aspect of it though, it's as if this is the new itteration of anco (they change a lot every album but the similarities between chz and mpp show not too far of a jump, but painting with definitely feels like uncharted waters)

keep the questions coming i enjoy writing about this thing
>>
>>62074862

when will you leak it behind 123 proxies?
>>
>>62075191
sweet I get where you're getting at with the uncharted waters bit, based on the samples they seem pretty whacky.

Favorite song?

Do any of the songs end with fade outs? Or do they all have definitive endings? Any transitions?

If SJ is a fruit, Merriweather is water, CHZ is mud, what is this?
>>
I am so, so fuckin hype for this Painting With.
>>
>>62075731
the endings vary but they seem instant like floridada (though some tracks have transitions with different endings like vertical)

i honestly can't pick a favorite they're all really fucking good for the most part

if SJ is a fruit, merriweather water, etc... this would be straight sun
>>
>>62075882
nice dude thanks so much for the deets. I'm all out of q's for now. thanks again!
>>
>>62075882
So, does every song sound like Boy Latin? And will this be the album that will finally convert my friends into liking them? Thanks.
>>
>>62075882
what are your thoughts on vertical? i'm seriously hyped for that track.
>>
>>62075882
>this would be straight sun
So this is the "ecstasy album"?
>>
>>62075882
Is it poppier than Merryweather?

>>62076379
Im also super hyped on this one.

Vertical and Bagels really got me in once again.
>>
>>62069759
While I don't know if it's their best closer, Amanita is the best song on chz so I accept this choice.
>>
>>62076458
poppy in a different way

merriweather was poppy in the way that a lot of people could identify and approach it pretty well (soft reverby dreampop likes of tame impala or something, mpp could be played at a college radio or something and be enjoyed i think)

painting with is less accessible i think, in some ways (still a very dense and overwhelming record like hcti or chz) but more poppy in the fact that it's super fucking catchy and fun

you might not be able to play this for all your friends like maybe merriweather but it definitely has a blissful partyish attitude that i think a lot of people could enjoy in the right setting

>>62076379
vertical is one of my favorites, super interesting sounds and vocal effects (most effects on the album are subtle but really nice), and this song gets fucking crazy at some points
>>
>>62076754
awesome. my favorite part of anco songs is when they just get crazy and vertical really got me going when i heard the bathroom/amazon leaks.
>>
>>62076325
surprisingly no, i thought so too after hearing the amazon samples some time ago, but it doesn't ever feel like it when you're listening

sure some of the call / answer vocals are in the same vein of boys latin but when it's avey + panda singing back and forth in different and interesting ways it's totally not anything like pbvsgr
>>
>>62076754
Basically we can expect something like CHz in a good way I guess
>>
>>62077052
panini on a helmet
>>
File: capture-2016-01-28-15h53m59s859.jpg (26KB, 616x473px) Image search: [Google]
capture-2016-01-28-15h53m59s859.jpg
26KB, 616x473px
sick of being a virgins lads
>>
>>62077052
in a way yeah, but i really feel the songwriting alone on pw is strictly better

they are mabye presented both in a chaotic space, but this does it much nicer and with more umph behind it then chz

i guess what im trying to say is chz felt sludgy and chaotic in the sense where you thought 'oh god these sounds feel like they're not even supposed to be here' where on pw everything feels like it has a purpose and the whole things super tight (production, time wise, everything)

hope you're catching my drift
>>
>>62077250
Floridada is slowly becoming my favourite track from them, probably because of Stockholm syndrome. Anyways, how would you stack that song with the others? Song rank in the album? Or just top 3.
>>
MPP. Brother Sport is a god tier closer.
>>
>>62077406
if you like floridada you're gonna fucking like this album

similar quality tracks, floridada is on par with most of the album
>>
>>62077206
>not being a gamma male
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.