[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Tim Hecker record in April

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

Tim Hecker - Love streams
http://4ad.com/releases/790

who else /hype/ for 2016 (A)AOTY?
>>
>>62063419
HYPE
>>
Obsidian Counterpoint
Music of the Air
Bijie Dream
Live Leak Instrumental
Violet Monumental I
Violet Monumental II
Up Red Bull Creek
Castrati Stack
Voice Crack
Collapse Sonata
Black Phase

Those track titles sound badass af
>>
FUCK YES!
His concert in Rome (inside an old church, Ravedeath Tour!) was one of the best experiences of my whole life so far.
>>
Hecker exploring voice is going to be fucking rad.
>>
I love the album art. Fucking auto-tune? wow. In the original release page from the label he even referenced Yeezus.

So fucking hyped
>>
I think Hecker is the only dude that is somewhat respected by all of /mu/
>>
>Hecker admits to thinking about ideas like “liturgical aesthestics after Yeezus”

uh
>>
who here going to the la show in april?
>>
>>62064666
nah I've seen plenty people hating his stuff
most of them couldn't justify that for shit though
>>
>>62064791
Yeah i had someone tell me he's one of the most unoriginal artists, comparable to a AC/DC cover band. He seemed pretty serious. I had a nice laugh.
>>
A
O
T
Y
>>
>>62064870
I've heard someone say that he is ripping off Aphex Twin while simultaneously being boring, repetitive and overall shit
yeah, many keks were hed
>>
>>62063419
Hecker, AnCo, Swans and radiohead? I know its not 2011-12 anymore but i am rock hard right now. Hecker might be my favorite artist amung all others.
>>
I already made a thread for this, fuck off OP
>>
>>62065455
I CTRL+F'd "Hecker" "Love" "Streams" "Tim etc. and found nothing. Haven't seen a pic of the album art in the catalogue either.
>>
File: 1405343869953.jpg (349KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1405343869953.jpg
349KB, 1920x1080px
I've been wanting to get into this guy. where should i start?
>>
>>62066360
Any of his albums, really. The Imaginary Country is the only one below his usual quality, so you can skip that one.
>>
This guy fucking loves The Weeknd, check his spotify profile
>>
File: Tim Hecker.png (647KB, 1559x992px) Image search: [Google]
Tim Hecker.png
647KB, 1559x992px
>>62066360
>>
File: jefre.jpg (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
jefre.jpg
77KB, 500x500px
which will be the better stream of love?
>>
>>62066472
Jefre will remain the loveliest streamer
>>
>>62066387
eh, if anything his worst one is Haunt Me, relatively bland ambient
Imaginary Country is arguably the most conventional one I like the thick heavy synthy drones
>>62066360
personally I think Ravedeath is his best one but Harmony is probably the best place to start and get an idea about Tim
>>
Hyped beyond belief because I'm a huge Hecker fanboy.

Also, An Imaginary Country is underrated, Harmony is overrated and Ravedeath is his best.
>>
Hope it's better than the middling shit that was Virgins
>>
>>62066680
>An Imaginary Country is underrated, Harmony is overrated and Ravedeath is his best.
Nailed it, Fantasma Parastasie is a favorite of mine too, it never gets any love
>>
>>62066680
Neat, this is exactly my opinion as well.
>>62066795
Virgins isn't as good as Ravedeath but its not shit at all... once you realise the disjointedness and starkness is a feature you start to enjoy it. It's a very dizzying and disorienting album.
>>
>>62066592
>f anything his worst one is Haunt Me
top kek
Ravedeath and Haunt Me are his two best albums.
>>
Tim Hecker is phenomenal.

But, don't be so fast to call it the AOTY - alot of incredible artists are going to release an album this year... and also Blackstar is already a very strong AOTY contender
>>
>>62067017
I don't get it though, in comparison Haunt Me just doesn't have the quality other Hecker albums have, it could've been made by some bandcamp ambient artist. Ravedeath, Virgins etc. are really original and unique, Haunt Me not so much. It really shows its his first one, there are moments of genius but overall its not as strong.

>>62067041
Yeah Swans are guaranteed AOTY to be honest
>>
>>62067104
I suppose you either enjoy warm drone or you don't. Do you like any 12k artists?
>>
ravedeath is super overrated
>>
>>62067191
I like a bit of Taylor Deupree, a bit of Marsen Jules (its hard to find his albums for download though), love Wilderness of Mirrors by Lawrence English (though he released that on different label), and thats pretty much it. Lately I've been enjoying Black to Comm's Alphabet 1968, OO-Ray's Empty Orchestra and Benoit Pioulard's Sonnet a lot. I don't know if I like warm drone, some of it I do, but I like my ambient a bit more on the forceful, eventful, varied side.

>>62067228
not at all, I think it gets the acclaim it deserves (which is lots)
>>
>>62066883
>Fantasma Parastasie
I'm a little confused about this album. Why do some versions have 7 tracks and others have the full 66-track suites? Are they meant to be played simultaneously?
>>
>>62065549
fuck off
>>62058953
>>
>>62067854
your thread died and archived two hours before I posted mine mate
can't blame me on that
>>
File: dudewhat.png (9KB, 574x56px) Image search: [Google]
dudewhat.png
9KB, 574x56px
what does he mean by this /mu/?
>>
>>62068064
I think it means it's going to sound more religion-y like
like church choirs in the background and such
I mean he has been in love with organs for so long its logical he would make an album with such elements

>>62067854
Some anon in that ded thred asked if /mu/ listens to any other modern classical/ambient artists. What other artists could appeal to fans of Tim Hecker?
>>
>>62068157
If you're talking about modern classical/ambient then you'd enjoy A Winged Victory for the Sullen, Max Richter, Rafael Anton Irisarri and Deaf Center. As for artists like Tim Hecker check out Ben Frost, William Basinski and Jefre Cantu-Ledesma.
>>
Apparently it is informed by YEEZUS. I don't know what to make of that.
>>
>>62064666
He is pretty undeniable if you have any taste.
>>
>>62066360

Imaginary Country is probably his most accessible.

Ravedeath, Virgins and Harmony In Ultraviolet are staggeringly good and you could not screw up listening to any of them.
>>
Couldn't ever get into this guy, my friend really likes him.

How/when do you guys listen to ambient. Does it eventually click and is just like any other music? Or is it always something you put on for background noise or as the name implies, ambiance.
>>
>>62070485
An acquired taste. It is my favorite sort of music now though.

Finding something with a bit of melody to latch on to is a good way to begin. Even some stuff that is informed by ambient but not totally ambient will make a nice entry. Listen with a patient ear.

An Ending (Ascent) by Brian Eno
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKw5mbcE7VY

A Steep Hill of Vicodin Tears by A winged Victory For The Sullen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Iaxe5K3Ljo

Endorphin by Burial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTrCYvchnak

One Half by Julianna Barwick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIQVjRCL6jI
>>
>>62064995

yeah imo hecker's the most important artist in electronic music right now.

virgins gave me a borderline religious experience the first time i listened to it. fuck me, that's a breathtaking album. It really opened my eyes to the possibilities in electronic music, namely having it sound organic and "real." It did exactly what any good electronic music record (or record in general) should do.

Thank you timmy.
>>
>>62064718
>>62070178
you guys need to just fuck off with that shit. at the end of the day you'd be hard pressed to find a talented, impactful modern artist that doesn't sing praise of Kanye. These types of quotes are ridiculously common. Hecker being influenced by Ye doesn't surprise me in the slightest.
>>
>>62070485
If I'm looking for background noise, I usually use something simple and pleasant sounding, like Simon & Garfunkel or some shit, or literal noise. It can actually be very calming.
As for Tim Hecker, I definitely wouldn't use it for ambiance. It's some pretty consistently glum stuff. His music, and most ambient music, is more about focusing deeply on it, concentrating fully on the music instead of the vocals and lyrics. It sounds cheesy, but it can take you on a journey if you let it. Some ambient is very gentle and could be played in the background, and some is very noisy and chaotic, like Timmy Heck here. Brian Eno summed it up really well (as he should, since he damn near invented the style as we know it today): "It must be as ignorable as it is interesting."
>>
>>62070969
No I know what you mean about taking you on a journey, ive had similar experiences just not with ambient yet.
>>
>>62071038
I would say to keep trying. Explore the ambient tag on RYM a little, and artists that people give a good word to and seem interesting
>>
>>62063419
Has anybody else heard rumours that this has leaked already?
>>
>>62072003
ur makin stuff up arent you
>>
>>62072276
They are talking about it on hipinion.

I'm not a memeber though so it's probably been leaked in the private section.
>>
>>62063419

IT LEAKED!!!!!!
>>
>>62072439
don't fucking joke about that anon, not funny
>>
>>62072474
No seriously, it already leaked
>>
>>62072607
proof?
>>
>>62072649
not him but i see it on what, i'll upload if legit
>>
>>62072649
it's uploaded
>>62073488
>>
>>62073502
Thanks m8.
>>
File: lias.jpg (344KB, 1400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
lias.jpg
344KB, 1400x1400px
>Love Streams

What the fuck?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.