[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong with his career?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

What went wrong with his career?
>>
>>61997744

the fact that he actually had one to begin with
>>
He stopped being shocking.
>>
He never evolved or changed enough
>>
File: rez man.jpg (114KB, 624x420px) Image search: [Google]
rez man.jpg
114KB, 624x420px
1.After columbine and 9/11 he wasnt that shocking
2.Trent reznor was the real brains behind his music and they got into a fight and trent left

http://www.nin.wiki/Marilyn_Manson_(musician)#Fallout_with_Trent_Reznor

Brian Hugh Warner (better known by his stage name Marilyn Manson) (born January 5, 1969) is the lead singer and shock artist of the band Marilyn Manson, formed in 1989. In 1993, the band signed to Nothing Records after correspondance with Trent Reznor, who was impressed by their music. Reznor had a heavy hand in producing the 1994 record Portrait of an American Family and many members of Nine Inch Nails performed and co-wrote songs featured on 1996's Antichrist Superstar. Reznor also produced EPs, single tracks, and remixes in between these records.
Reznor and Manson are rumored to have fought over control and musical differences prior to the recording of Mechanical Animals, causing a rift in their friendship and a series of media feuds, but resolved it prior to the "Starfuckers, Inc." video, in which Manson appeared in and directed. The two performed the song live in New York City at Madison Square Garden on May 9th, 2000. However, recent interviews have indicated that the two are up to old tricks again
>>
>>61997744
He never spotted the zeitgeist. His whole thing was to act demonic for shock value, but all of a sudden no one gives a shit about religion. It's all about gender and race now. And yes, I know he also went for the androgynous thing, but being androgynous is now normie-core. It's being a tradicional man or woman that shocks people nowadays.
>>
He dissed reznor.
>>
File: rozz333.jpg (29KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
rozz333.jpg
29KB, 500x421px
oh also he is a plebe who ripped off his look and style from rozz williams who never got famous but made better music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCqaXfFJD9c
>>
I feel like he turned shit with Eat Me Drink Me. He has this persona of being some sick monster that pissed people off by challenging beliefs and such, but then put out, what was pretty much, a love song album from his divorce and he was expected to be taken seriously when he got all sappy. His reaches back to the older days like with High End of Low just weren't as good. Born Villain had a blend of that and his own ideas beyond his old stuff, and Pale Emperor is just him being in his own world now.
It's like he erupted as a living controversy, became the hot topic poster child, then tried to become the same icon of hatred and evil, and now he disappeared to his little bubble of creativity.

Despite all this, he's still one of my icons and I have nothing but respect for him.
>>
>>61998056

Why is it you idolise him? Not being a dick, I'm just honestly interested.
>>
>>61997843
it's hip to be square
>>
>>61998048
> never got famous

i guess by comparison to marilyn manson you are right, but this was a pretty popular group in the mid 90's when i was in school.
>>
The Pale Emperor was pretty fucking great. Really overlooked.
>>
>>61997841
>Trent reznor was the real brains behind his music

In terms of production, actually. The mastermind behind most of Manson's music (1994-2000) was Twiggy. Manson is the brain behind the lyrics.
>>
>>61998103
Not to get all blog-like but I got into him around the time my family was trying to convert me, basically. And everything Manson did was challenging what I'd always been taught. He made a lot more sense than anything my family ever said. The fact that his name alone pissed off my conservative family was just entertaining for me at the time. I was always told things like "if you believe enough then the holy spirit will help you with anything" and all that, but the fact I'd get the crap beaten out of me on a weekly basis made me doubt that. Manson pretty much had the message of "people are assholes and you need to learn to deal with it as soon as possible." May come off as edgy or fedora-like but I think his work helped me see that people are dicks but to not let that affect who I was, to not depend on people to shape my thoughts, all that kind of stuff.
>>
His fanbase went to the 9th grade
>>
>>61998306
well said anon
>>
he got fat
>>
>>61998270
Then why the fuck is HEOL and BV fucking shithouse?

Some genius Twiggy is.
>>
His fans became older than 14 years old and realized he was fucking ridiculous.
>>
His look doesn't work when you're overweight
>>
I have a friend who listens to Manson on a daily basis and sometimes even plays his songs when I'm visiting. He puts lyric videos of his stuff on youtube.

I just can't cringe enough. It makes me so uncomfortable that someone almost into their 30s would listen to Marilyn Manson. His music is literally shit in every conceivable way. Riding the edgy train was never going to last.

Holy shit I just got annoyed thinking about it. Only tolerable song from him I can think of is Nobodies.
>>
His fanbase grew up
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.