[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Musicians of /mu/ Has learning music theory made your music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: top ten saddest anime deaths.jpg (31KB, 356x356px) Image search: [Google]
top ten saddest anime deaths.jpg
31KB, 356x356px
Musicians of /mu/

Has learning music theory made your music better in anyway?
>>
>>61996230
Are you trying to use that as an excuse to not learn music theory?
>>
>>61996330
I just wanna know, butterbean.
>>
>>61996230
It made writing interesting melodies and progressions much easier for me
>>
>>61996230
Yes
>>
It has nothing to do with making it better. It's about making it easier; chord progressions and melodies, like >>61996365 said, come a LOT easier when you understand a very basic level of music theory. You can also fuck with time signatures and change keys in the middle of a song comfortably, if you're into that kind of stuff.

Knowing music theory won't make you better at anything, but it'll get you over the usual brick walls that people hit when they write music.
>>
It did, but I would have greatly preferred to have been taught as a child rather than struggle with it on my own as an adult.
But that is NOT HOW THE WORLD WORKS.
>>
Sorta. I tend to write better songs when I pay attention to what notes im playing rather than going on intuition and experimentation.
>>
File: raughs.jpg (83KB, 1024x548px) Image search: [Google]
raughs.jpg
83KB, 1024x548px
>>61996354
>>
It has made playing with other people much easier
>>
You decide: https://youtu.be/3HkxEkMWBMQ
>>
>>61996230
totally
learn everything you can
dont stop learning
>>
>in anyway
it's any way you fucking moron
>>
>>61996230
Not really desu.
>>
>>61996230
Can you not be a lazy hipster cunt and just learn how music works?
>>
>>61996230
Wouldn't say I've learned it but knowing about it has definitely made my music better
>>
>>61996230
The way my old music instructor used to explain it was something like, learning music theory will give you more tools and help you better understand the one's you might already have. Tools like chord extensions, being able to work with different time signatures, improve your rhythm counting, and much more. If you think of song writing like building a house, you can build a shack with just a hammer, nails and a bunch of boards. Learning music theory will give you more tools like drills, levels and wrenches. There's nothing wrong with shacks, but it's nice to know how to put in a toilet, even if your an outhouse kinda guy.
>>
>>61997193
For my whole life, that's how's it's been spelled and I'm not changing for no anonymous fucker.

Fuck you and come and find me
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.