[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /mu/ feel about fun.?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: fun..png (145KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
fun..png
145KB, 300x300px
How does /mu/ feel about fun.?
>>
First album was good, everything since then has been garbage.
>>
>>61993616
Shite
>>
some nights is right up there with the worst songs i've ever heard
i haven't listened to anything else they've done and i don't really intend to
>>
garbage corporate indie
>>
only good songs were Carry On and We Are Young. Rest is shit.
>>
>>61993781
Not even
>>
>>61993841
What, you disagreeing with me because I'm a trip? Racist.
>>
>>61993781
only We Are Young
>>
File: 628x471.jpg (21KB, 628x419px) Image search: [Google]
628x471.jpg
21KB, 628x419px
>>61993616
desu when Some Nights was played every other hour on the radio that my coworker listened to 24/7 I even liked to sing along to
>oh whoa, oh whoa, oh whoa oh oh
>>
>>61993616
Not bad for top 40 pop shit
>>
>>61993616
Girls is a good song
Also Some Nights
>>
>>61994513
but they can write a lot better stuff than 'ok top 40 shit'
>>
They are great live performers.

Some Nights has a few songs overproduced, but you can see what they were shooting for with Stars.

Aim and Ignite is very comfy.
>>
The Format was better.
>>
y is this even a thread
>>
>>61993616
The single Some Nights was so fucking bad. The intro was especially shitty. Fuck this band. Corporate trash.
>>
>>61994747
Because I posted it you faggot
>>
I like the song some nights. idk why, but i do
>>
Some Nights was a really bad album for Fun.
Aim and Ignite was brilliant
Jack and Nate's solo work was better than anything Fun. did imo. They came out into their own more creatively solo.
>>
>>61994747
Because we can't talk about the same Neutral Milk Hotel album and David Bowie every single day
>>
>>61995102
FAG. You listen to fun. Anyone who likes one iota of fun. are fags.
>>
>>61995727
true

but if ur gonna post abt "indie"
at least post abt good "indie"
>>
>>61995102
well you shouldn't have.. faggot
>>
>>61995706
this 100%
>>
>>61995783
/Thread
>>
>>61995766
What the fuck even determines whether or not an album is "indie"? That's the most broad music term ever.
>>
>>61995706
>Jack and Nate's solo work was better than anything Fun. did imo
Really? I think The Format was better than fun., but Nate's solo album was basically everything that was wrong with Some Nights IMO
>>
>>61993616
Aim and ignite has to be top 10 pop albums, some nights was just so bad. The solo stuff isn't great either it's very generic.
>>
>>61995841
I liked his vocal work on his solo album, but I agree the contents are still the worst parts of fun. The Format was his highest point in his entire career, but I give most of the credit to Sam Means.
>>
>>61995853
>The solo stuff isn't great either it's very generic.
I think it's pretty individualistic in how it sounds, though Bleachers kinda mixes it sounds with everything Steel Train ever did, but hopefully Jack's upcoming album will be a change of pace. Lets hope Yoko Ono doesn't come on it again.
>>
>>61993616
truly the voice of a generation
>>
Anyone here listen to Sam Means's new album yet? He was behind basically all the music in The Format, and he just released a new album a few days ago called Ten Songs.
>>
>>61993616
Aim and Ignite is great. No idea about the others.
>>
>>61995906
>Bleachers
never knew that was a solo project, was thinking of Nate Ruess's album.

due to the shitty lyrics i'm guessing jack didn't write fun's other songs
>>
>>61995959
I listened a few times, I dug it for the most part. some tracks were forgettable but it starts out strong, I like the Format vibes it gives off
>>
>>61996026
Bleachers was Jack's little spinoff project after Steel Train. Grand Romantic was a pretty okay album, but it was what I would expect from Nate.
>>
So what is the better/best The Format album?
>>
>>61996498
Dog Problems and it's not even close
>>
>tfw aim and ignite was FOTM when I first came to /mu/

when can I finally leave this place guys
>>
>>61996498
They're kind of hard to rank imo. If you want a more fun-esque nate, Dog Problems would be more up your alley. I think Interventions and Lullabies is more melancholy and serious in nature. I'm more partial to Dog Problems personally.
>>
>>61993616

I think it's an excellent album. It's well produced and Nate Ruess is very talented.

That said, I listen to Dog Problems and Grand Romantic more.
>>
>>61993781
The Gambler was pretty swell
>>
>>61997133
wrong album dude
>>
>Some Nights is the best track on the album.

>All Alright is a great feel good song

>Stars is also an amazing track

>Out on the Town, a bonus track, is also a great track

>We Are Young is great too

>Carry On is pretty good

The only track thats not so good is is "It Gets Better"
>>
>>61997468
the acoustic version of 'it gets better' they played live before the album came out had some pretty cool format vibes, i thought it would sound like a 'the first single' or intervention and lullabies kinda thing
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.