[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Black Keys thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: images (1) (1).jpg (26KB, 477x308px) Image search: [Google]
images (1) (1).jpg
26KB, 477x308px
>>
They're songs never quite get old to me. Always a solid part of my music rotation.

Anyone know of any similar bands?
>>
>>61990484
Royal Blood
>>
One of the worst bands of all time.
>>
>>61990925
come on. they aren't really great (though Rubber Factory is) and they definitely aren't good as they used to be, but there are countless bands/artists who are significantly worse than them.
>>
White stripes rip-off meme

Only plebs listen to this soulless garbage
>>
meme band

move along
>>
>>61990445
I greatly prefer the white stripes but i do like some of their songs. Brothers was pretty good.
>>
>listens to all-their-songs-sound-the-same-core
>>
Let's face it. Turn Blue Bombed. I thought it was cool, but no body is talking about it like Brothers or El Camino
>>
boring rock for redditors and tumblr
>>
Rubber Factory > Brothers > El Camino > Thickfreakness = Big Come Up > Turn Blue > Magic Potion
>>
The Black Keys is Nickelback for people who think they are cool for not liking Nickelback.
>>
>>61990445
their new album is actually pretty

i used to be like /mu/ and say they were shit and jack white rip offs but then i actually tried listening to them. theyre not bad
>>
>>61994867
latest album* is pretty good*
>>
This band makes shitty insurance commercial rock but I'm pretty sure the guy is a much better guitarist than Jack White. There are some live videos of him playing some raw ass blues that's better than any of White's gimmicky trash.
>>
Hack thread? Cool
>>
>>61990445
Brothers was good, didn't listen to anything else. Royal blood is better.
>>
>>61990484
Anders Osborne is literally the exact same thing

I like the Blackies, Brothers was the peak
>>
>>61990445
Throwback-core trash. The songs themselves are enjoyable on the first listen but it's honestly just the aesthetic that's appealing. Artistically, it has very little to offer.

>>61993671
Lmao I didn't even know they released an album after El Camino.
>>
El Camino is my favorite black keys album. Im sorry.
>>
>>61993822
magic potion belongs nowhere near last place. your touch is one of their best songs
>>
Not a huge fan but I love She's Long Gone.
>>
>>61992010
Jack White detected
>>
>>61993851
Oh come on.. the irony. Do you know about the feud between them and Nickelback?
>>
Everything up to Chulahoma, IMO, is excellent. They were great when they were still doing the white guy blues thing. Attack and Release saw them exploring new sounds, though, and it's all been downhill since then. Of course, the albums since A+R are the ones that have garnered the most attention, so good on them for selling out, I guess?
>>
this is a meme thread
>>
>>61990484
white stripes
>>
>>61995366
Royal Blood is the most generic band in the mainstream, the only thing that makes them kind of special is the bass gimmick.
>>
Rubber factory was great.

Magic potion was okay.

Brothers was okay

Anything afterwards was too pop for blues.
>>
I've known these guys since I was a little kid

ama
>>
Magic Potion was their last really good album. It was also their last real blues record, IMO. Chulahoma, where they covered a bunch of Junior Kimbrough songs was amazing, possibly the best work of their career. And then they shit the bed.
>>
Their cover of Beefheart's "I'm Glad" is fucking phenomenal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9stUfdRj1g
>>
Awful band but Auerbach is a phenomenal producer.

He made Lana go from a 4/10 to a 9/10.
>>
Why did they ruin their sound by experimenting? The blues thing was just so solid, IMO. They went from one of my favorite bands to a band I sort of despise when their sound changed.
>>
>>61992010
The White Stripes are my favourite band of all time
But even i say that black keys is still a good listen

Well I guess it's because i love garage rock
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.