[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did she become such a well-known name in such a short time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 2

File: grimes.jpg (80KB, 800x670px) Image search: [Google]
grimes.jpg
80KB, 800x670px
How did she become such a well-known name in such a short time? Did her parents have money or connections?

I like her music but it's obvious that she self-produces and is an amateur, so how did she get so much attention?
>>
internet
>>
i like her slender arms and physique
it gets me all hot and bothered
>>
Holds up spork
>>
>>61990172
I thought that was lady sov from the thumbnail lmao.
>>
She plays music that falls within a genre popular with young adults.

She's profitable in her looks in the way of modeling.

Social media, including having her own Tumblr.

Feministic views and ideas.

Popular with social media = global popularity..
>>
Sex
>>
>>61990326
What does this post have to do with music, degenerate waifu-worshipping faggot?
>>
gorrilla vs bear
>>
>>61990795
You're just fueling fires at this point. Please stop.
>>
>>61990903
I asked you a simple question.
>>
>>61990926
I'm not him. You're posts are also not on topic and just help further derail threads, just like his.
>>
>>61991000
I don't derail threads, he derailed it when he talked about sexual attraction.
If he wasn't such a retarded waifufag, maybe he could actually contribute by responding to OP.
>>
>>61991056
He derails it and then you derail it further by responding with another off-topic post. If you really want to do some good, ignore shitposts instead of shitposting yourself with meta posts.
>>
>>61991362
>ignore shitposts
Then they will come up again the next thread.

I'm trying to do something more, by eliminating shitposts from /mu/. It's not an easy task, but Rome wasn't built in a day.
>>
>>61991390
good luck with that buddy
>>
>>61991415
Thank you ˙͜ >˙
>>
>>61990795
what does THIS post have to do with music? lol got ya!
>>
>>61991390
I'm sure you mean well, but I honestly don't think your approach is the best way to go for "eliminating" shitposts on this board.

Well, it's not like I have any ideas, but sometimes doing nothing is better than egging them on
>>
>>61991390
That's the problem though, you're not eliminating them. They're still there. You're just adding to it. Nothing you have ever posted has ever deterred someone from shitposting.

You complain that people aren't actually contributing to a thread and yet neither have you. You're meta posts are not actually contributions and they're not actually helping.
>>
She literally gave jay-z the ass
>>
>>61990172
cucked by satan
>>
>>61991436
Contributing to flame wars and trolling results in a ban. I thought you knew the rules, you fat fucking mong
>>
>>61990172
Mass marketing & bribery
>>
by being a good artist? i dont know how did odd future, asap rocky, danny brown, churches, pc music, skrillex, all become over night successes? by doing new innovative shit with a cool overall aesthetic. kids and blogs liked them so much they spread word fast and thats how. retard.
>>
>>61990172
She used to fuck dudes to play shows back in Canada. Plus the lisp is fake and shes putting the whole "fairy queen" persona on. Back in the day she was the kind of girl whod try to get with music scene guys as much as she could. I dont know if she was actually attracted to them or if she was just trying to improve her own career, but I guess it got her this far.
>>
>>61992453
I wouldn't put chvrches in that category
>>
>>61990172
Oblivion and Genesis were great singles, she's relatively interesting and outspoken and she wears clothes pretty well. Literally the same way every "underground" artist goes from internet hype to mainstream success. I don't get how this isn't obvious.
>>
she wishes she was as eccentricas miharu koshi
>>
>>61990172
>>
She didn't blow up overnight.

She had an album before Visions remember.

Visions became a cult hit

Art Angles reached wider audiences.

Pretty typical rise to fame.
>>
>>61992453
see
>>61992564

male musicians who succeed succeed because they know someone and rarely because they're actually talented

women don't have talent
>>
>>61992453
>churches
lauren sucked off a bunch of execs at the label
>>
>>61992564
>>61994817
do you guys have any basis at all for these claims or are you just assuming because they're feminist girls that they sucked dick for recognition
>>
>>61994790
So your a sexist who doesn't believe women can have talent.
>>
>>61990172
she sucked mad dick
>>
>>61991390
Please leave, you're not wanted here.
>>
Because of Tumblr
>>
>>61994980
Name one woman artist who has talent.

>inb4 pop artists
All their beats and lyrics are made from outside sources (other than the artist).
>>
>>61990172
I'm scared to listen to her newest album.
>>
it's sad that /pol/ dominates /mu/
every single thread about a female musician results in sexism
if you hate women so much why don't just assume your repressed homossexuality
>>
>>61990701
She used to be fire on Twitter.

>>61992564
This is pretty much it, from what I've read. I can't remember if it was something on Pitchfork, but it was piece in which some people from the late 2000s Montreal scene were interviewed and they were like, yeah, she was always hanging around.
>>
>>61995362

cuck
>>
>>61995362
>criticizing individual women is sexism

wew lad
>>
>>61995544

See

>>61991477
>>61992564
>>61994790
>>61995010
>>61995114
>>
>>61995114

Björk and Kate Bush, but they made more so the arrangements, which is probably harder than playing it. Anybody can learn to play an instrument and learn to play it well, but not everyone can arrange and write music, you need to have vision for that. Anybody could have that vision, man or woman.

Even someone like Grimes makes albums by herself. She made it a point to not have any help from anybody (except for her collaborators like Janelle Monae), she played every instrument and produced it just so she could say she did it herself.

I'm pretty sure you couldn't do that anon, but oh well. A Helga Pataki looking, smelly ass, vegan bitch made entire albums by herself, and you're posting anonymously on 4chan. Yeah, no you're definitely the expert....
>>
>>61995580
>all accusations
>no source
nice
>>
>>61995622
That was what I was pointing out to him.
>>
>>61995647
sorry im drunk
>>
>>61990172
What is PR?
>>
>>61990795
lel
>>
File: 7812fe63eb.jpg (195KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
7812fe63eb.jpg
195KB, 600x600px
I saw a video of her talking once, it was awful. She reminds me of a girl who camped near us at a music festival. Bright dyed hair, goes topless, doesn't shave, falls in love with smelly shits she meets while on acid and then whines about it.
>>
>>61990795
>>61990926
>>61991056
>>61991390
>>61991436
I am almost certain you aren't the same person as The Unofficial Helper of /mu/, since he was a lot more subtle about shitposting and his trip password was revealed.
>>
>>61995828
Oh my god it's the same girl. I didn't recognize her because of her hair. Fuck. This was four years ago I think? She just played ukelele or some shit back then.
>>
Who dis?
>>
thats what happens whe you got a bnm stamp from pitchfork nowadays
>>
She's an industry plant.
>>
>>61995580
>"every single thread is sexist!"
>cites examples from this thread about a controversial musician people either love or hate

W E W
E
W

L A D
A
D
>>
>>61997742
I'm not that guy. I was responding to you saying she was being "criticized" by highlighting all the sexist posts.

I don't know what you expect though, citing every thread that's ever involved a female musician? I understand he over exaggerated but that's an interesting bit of semantics you're getting riled up about.
>>
>>61997829
The reason I take issue with it is because there are lots of female musicians who don't get a bad rap at all here

Grouper is basically queen of /mu/ and with good reason, people don't say shit like that about her.

Even undeserving talentless hacks like Tegan and Sara have been positively memed to high heaven

Nobody is bothered by female musicians until they start acting like Lena Dunham or Jennifer Lawrence
>>
>>61997888
It's not only female musicians who get bad raps that get sexist comments though. Waifuposting in a thread not even intended for that could also be seen as sexist, and that happens very often.

You're right in that it isn't every thread but I think his general point rings true. Nothing happening in this thread could be called uncommon.
>>
like 3-4 years? thats not really a short time.
>>
>>61991390
Kill self
>>
>>61998045
>Waifuposting in a thread not even intended for that could also be seen as sexist

waifuposting is literally no different from women going "omg channing tatum is so hot xDD"

only a cunt would be offended by it
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.